Welcome to Gaia! ::

shortiesrockr
Was anime always a part of your life? Probaly not so what was you first incounter with anime/manga? who told you? Or did you find it by yourself? Did you find it on the Internet
Do tell.
Tell you story
And
Read Others
Story! whee
And have fun! rofl cool lol wink whee xp rofl 4laugh biggrin smile xd 3nodding blaugh
The Tenchi OVA and DBZ was the very first ones that I had seen when I first learned about anime.

Virtuous Saint

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
ever since i watched Voltron, I've been hooked on anime. but, to be honest, i haven't been too interested in anime, lately. I'm starting to get into manga, though. does anyone have a recommendation?

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

Like many others it all started with Pokémon for me then I moved on to Yu-GI-Oh.
I started to hear about anime and I researched it and watched Ah! My Goddess I fell in love then and watched a bunch of magical girl shows. It wasn't until middle school whe I read manga and watched stuff other than magical girl anime.

Fashionable Fatcat

4,550 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Gaian 50
shortiesrockr
Was anime always a part of your life? Probaly not so what was you first incounter with anime/manga? who told you? Or did you find it by yourself? Did you find it on the Internet
Do tell.
Tell you story
And
Read Others
Story! whee
And have fun! rofl cool lol wink whee xp rofl 4laugh biggrin smile xd 3nodding blaugh

first anime was noozles...a pinocchio anime and pokemon
found it on vhs and tv
When i was younger I always watched Sailor Moon, but back then I didn't know it was anime and then 10 years later my friend showed me The Wallflower and I was hooked.

Loyal Bloodsucker

6,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
It's kinda a sad story...So Everyone in the 4th or 5th grade was obessing over Manga's of things like Sailor Moon, Inu Yasha, Naruto and Ronma 1/2. And I needed a book to read for DEAR (drop everything and read) and someone handed me a a Ronma and then my cuzin whose like 32 t the time was baby sitting me and my little cuzins and he was watching Inu Yasha in his room and I freeked and he let me and my little cuzin watch it. H had every episode of Inu yasha and I spend every weekend watching it tell I finahed. It's been down hill since and I went thou the best naruto obession >.< heart

Loyal Bloodsucker

6,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Lunacidity
User Image
I remember watching Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon & Cardcaptor Sakura when I was about 6 or so. I only started getting into it when I was 11. My friend showed me Inuyasha and it kinda went from there.
Basicly the same for me, btw i lovee digimon <3 and Inu Yasha got me addicted too.

Aged Gekko

I actually don't remember. Hmmm I use to watch Pokemon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, when i was younger but I never knew it was Anime because I didn't know what Anime was at the time sweatdrop But then I stopped and 1 or 2 years ago, I started gaining interest in Anime and starting watching some. smile
I got hooked onto anime when i was 7. I used to watch toonami on cartoon network all the time. Every saturday night I would watch dragon ball z..... Then started surfing the net when I was 9 and started watching other animes, as soon as I heard about the word "ANIME"

Magic Spirit

17,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
I loved it since I was a child, back when I watched sailor moon, pokemon, rurouni kenshin...

and then I saw a drawing book that called the style 'manga' and in that book, it talked about anime
so that's how I learned what it was called lol
i found out staying up one night when toonami was new and sayy dbz and some older stuff at like 8 years old

RoodyToody's King

Greedy Seraph

7,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cart Raider 100
When I was little I woke up Early and saw Inuyasha on Adult Swim after that I started watching Naruto when it was on toonami. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
I got hooked on it when I was in high school. one of my friends was really into anime so I decided to try watching some. I got really hooked on it! My first anime was inuyasha.

Mega Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100
No one told me.

I had always loved animation and drawing and anything magical and mystical. I'd been imaginative for as long as I can remember. SO when something new like Sailor Moon appeared on TV, a show where the GIRLS were the ones saving the day, combined with the fact that it looked pretty, there was plenty of fantasy and romance, I was hooked as a kid.

Since then my tastes in anime has changed and so has my favorites.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
My first anime was a drama adaptation called Prince Cedie. I didn't even know it was called anime. I just liked Cedie's personality and his dog and that's enough reason for me to watch.

I like animated shows and movies in general but anime has more choices and themes. It wasn't until I've watched Rurouni Kenshin that I actively looked for more anime to watch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff