Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Informer

4,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Was anime always a part of your life? Probaly not so what was you first incounter with anime/manga? who told you? Or did you find it by yourself? Did you find it on the Internet
Do tell.
Tell you story
And
Read Others
Story! whee
And have fun! rofl cool lol wink whee xp rofl 4laugh biggrin smile xd 3nodding blaugh

I started watching Pokemon and Digimon on tv when I was little.
After that, pretty much anything anime/manga related really interested me!
I got my first manga, Sailor Moon, when I was in about 4th grade... ( ◜◒◝ )
And then I just grew up watching whatever was on Toonami, and whatever else I could find on dvd!
That's how it all started for me! (ノ´ー`)ノ

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

As a kid I thoroughly enjoyed watching a few of Miyazaki's works, the most prominent of them being My Neighbor Totoro, however, it wasn't until I was about ten that I saw Gall Force on an old sci-fi block called Saturday Morning Anime.

That was the first time I'd ever associated the type of cartoon with the word, and the first time I'd heard of it.

Creeper Bunny

My cousins were watching Bleach and Naruto online, and wouldn't let me watch it.
They said it was too violent for my young mind to handle. What 8 year old could handle that? rolleyes
I don't think they knew about some of the other stuff I watched with my dad. xd
So, I kept on trying to sneak peeks, until one day I managed to ninja-watch it by being quiet in the back of the room.
My first comment was "Wait a sec... you really thought that was too much for me to handle? Seriously...?"
They were surprised.... That skill has come in handy so many times since then.

Later, after we moved, my brother started watching Air and CCS. And thus my hobby was born.

*Note- stuff I watched when I was younger was thought of as everyday cartoons. As weird as it is to say, ScoobyDoo and Sailor Moon mean about the same to me.*

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
my older brother was how I learned about anime. he's 11 years older than me, so he got me into it pretty early. the first anime I watched knowing it was from Japan was actually Voltron and from there my interest in anime expanded (altho there was a 5 year gap where no place in town really had a good selection of anime to rent or buy and none came on TV at times I was home). been into anime long enough I remember the switch from calling it Japanimation, to Japanime, to anime in North America.

Witty Genius

started with Pokemon, Digimon. bebelade, medabots and Sailor Moon, my mom also bought me a DVD with Di Gi Charat and Cromartie High School. I didn't learn that it was anime until I met a girl at middle school who had a inuyasha T-shirt and told me it was anime.

Beasty's Superhero

Demonic Trash

My sister actually started it all, she would force me to come watch sailormoon with her, I guess she felt embearassed to be a 17 year old watching sailormoon I dunno. She even made me come inside to watch with her. Afterwards since I was there I would watch dbz with my brother then gundam wing and whatever else toonami would be showing.

Dapper Ladykiller

Loved Sailor Moon. So when I met some friends who were drawing in anime style and talking about different series, I asked about it.
Started for me when my dad showed me Gigantor (Tetsujin 28 ), Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z), Battle of the Planets/G-Force (Gatchaman), and Tekkaman on VHS tapes when I was really young. Then Toonami happened and I kept finding new anime from there such as renting Evangelion and Slayers from my local Blockbuster. Then when I entered a period where I faded out of anime for a long time but eventually got back into it thanks to a mix of Haruhi, Hellsing, and Higurashi. Strange that all of those shows started with H.
I was into a allot of anime back when I was younger. I thought that it was just cool, better drawn cartoons from america. After toonami went off the air, and it became harder to watch stuff like that, I just started watching normal cartoons (spongebob, etc). But I really got back into manga when I joined on here about a year ago.

But the first anime I remember watching was Dragon ballz

Beloved Dog

I remember watching Sailor Moon before school when I was younger. Then, after years of Saturday morning cartoons, Toonami Midnight Run, ABC family mornings, Toonami at a different time, [adult swim] and G4/Tech TV... I finally gained more of an interest. If I could put a date I would say around 2001/2002ish when I started to really get into anime. Good times...

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I got hooked on anime after watching Sailor Moon. When I was a kid, I spent my boredom reading the TV guide book, and I just happened to see Sailor Moon and decided to watch it out of curiosity.

Rich Capitalist

elpantalones
I remember watching Sailor Moon before school when I was younger. Then, after years of Saturday morning cartoons, Toonami Midnight Run, ABC family mornings, Toonami at a different time, [adult swim] and G4/Tech TV... I finally gained more of an interest. If I could put a date I would say around 2001/2002ish when I started to really get into anime. Good times...
essentially this, but swap dragonball z for sailor moon and it's the same story
I remember watching Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z when I was younger and as I got older I kinda just found out about more like Naruto was on tv and I started watching that but then I found out about Naruto Shippuden and ofcourse Adult Swim had anime like Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop and it just really started from there(: I'm happy I did start watching it though because anime is quite great!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff