Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Prophet

I'm looking for a really awesome new anime series to get sucked into again. Any suggestions ??

What I've Watched - >

Pokemon took by anime virginity at the age of 8.
--
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto- Only first season
Chrono Crusades
Chobits
Fruit Baskets
Elfen Lied
Tsubasa Chronicle

Partying Prophet

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Inferno Cop
Kimi Ni Todoke
Jellyfish Princess
Daily Life of High School Boys
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Great Teacher Onizuka
Cromartie High School
Fist of the North Star
Captain Harlock
Interstella 5555

Really though, just googling "anime recommendations" brings up a slew of good results.

Fashionable Fatcat

4,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
Boku no pico.

Shy Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
If you haven't already watched them, I highly recommend Angel Beats, Elfen Lied and Another. They're all really short though.

Distinct Phantom

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Elfen Lied
and Deadman Wonderland
<3

Witty Capitalist

Highschool of the Dead,

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt,

Kuroshitsuji,

Hetalia: Axis Powers,

Ouran Highschool Host Club,

Tokimeki Tonight,

Kaichou wa Maid sama,

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni,

Clannad,

Tsubasa Chronicles,

xxxHOLIC,

Code Geass,

And for a good ol' dose of classics, watch Sailor Moon.

Noob

Inu x Boku SS
Steins;Gate
Ano Natsu de Matteru heart
Guilty Crown

Partying Prophet

GarySkye
Elfen Lied
and Deadman Wonderland
<3

Oh I totally forgot about Elfen LIed, I've already seen that series.It's great! ^-^

Partying Prophet

Thanks Everyone!

Kawaii Shounen

Project K
Blue Exorcist
Otome Yokai Zakuro
Soul Eater
Fairy Tail

Tipsy Gawker

Angel Beats - I laughed and cried so many times! The dub is actually quite good and it is on Netflix and Hulu.
Persona 4 - Just hilarious. Period. I watched it subbed on Hulu and love the bear puns... I love bears. The animal... not the bog furry homosexual. Also in a favorite animal sort of way, not the bestiality way. wow, that kind of derailed an got odd.
Fairy Tail - Best female design in an anime I've seen in a long time. I love the boobs and hips heart Funny, magic world, action, nice story arcs, enough romance to keep me interested maybe not you but worth a shot.
Kimi ni Todoke - Very sweet romance. Leaves butterflies in your chest and a blush on your face.
School Rumble - Very funny. Just watch it.
Hell Girl - OMG OMG OMG I freaking LOVE this series. Honestly, anything darkly cute and categorized as horror I just eat it up. Creepy, sometimes sad endings, sometimes happy endings, cute at times. Considered horror but I didn't find it scary.
The Future Diary - Very interesting "kill you first or you kill me" type of anime.
Sankarea - Guy that is obsessed with zombies has romantic dreams of being with a zombie and even comes out to say his ideal girlfriend would be a zombie. I really liked the anime but I needs a second season TnT I dunlike zombies and I still liked the anime. Beware some messed up daddy-daughter issues... worse than the zombies issues, lol.

I'm currently watching Dusk Maiden of Amnesia... ecchi, funny, and considered a horror. The first 7 episodes were kinda stretched and not very informative about the main story but the story gets good and dark at 8.

About to try Binbogami Ga! and Kamisama Kiss myself to watch with my boymate... freaking guy can't take a good horror :pout:

Timid Dabbler

10,375 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Darker than BLACK and Samurai Champloo

Both are completely different from one another, but they are both equally amazing! 3nodding

Newbie Hunter

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Kuroko No Basket
Zetsuen No Tempest heart

4,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100
Going off your examples I would say you'll probably want to go with a more mainstream anime such as: Fairy Tail or School Rumble. Both which are very good. But if your not in the mood for cookie cutter characters and predictable storylines I would try Baccano! Paranoia Agent, and Chihayafuru. All Of them are very different from each other but I would recommend them because they stood out from the others and were rememberable.

cassini311's Waifu

Fashionable Hellraiser

11,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Pandora Hearts
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Higurashi no naku koro ni

Quick Reply

Submit