Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Fatcat

12,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Millionaire 200
The series isn't all that bad, I used to like it a little. (Although it is pretty boring and not all that funny most of the time.)

The crazy fanbase pretty much killed it for me, though.
Wild Kotetsu
I agree that the fanbase can be annoying, mostly the newer fans.
But every anime has those type of fans, and I hate how Hetalia gets more recognized of it.
Hetalia is funny, it's not meant to be offensive, and it's supposed to be light-hearted, said by Himaruya Hidekaz the creator himself.
I'm part of the fandom, and you'll find a lot of good fans on Tumblr who aren't crazy a** fangirls.
It's not a yaoi, but there is yaoi pairings and yuri pairings that fans make up.
The jokes are funny.
I like it, a lot. c;
And the fanart can be absolutely beautiful.

Agreed 110%.
GunnStray
Say guys! What if, just what if. We turn them all into little girls. And they still wear pants. And have them fight against each other in a silly match of chess.

It'd still be s**t.

Tipsy Fatcat

9,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
User ImageUser Image User Image

what upsets me most about discussions such as these are the sheer number of ignorant people acting as if they know everything about this show and its history

while i agree that this might be one of those shows where you either love it or hate it i suggest that most people try it out for themselves instead of listening to inconsiderate people who bash on the fanbase and call the show stupid because of something that, most of the time, isn't related directly to the show itself

basically i say judge the show for what it is but don't just take it at face value; explore the history in it a bit

definitely check out the webcomic if you're thinking of delving into this series, because in my opinion the anime certainly does not do the original stories any justice and i'm surprised that himaruya hasn't done anything about it

Ihallaw's Significant Otter

Dedicated Capitalist

I just find the entire concept silly. And the fangirls... GAH.
If anything, The fangirls have ruined it. I started reading it back before the anime, when a japanese friend sent me the blog, I have to admit I was a fangirl, but after experiencing them at convetions it totally turned me off of the series.
What does this remind me of? Oh yeah... Homestuck.
GunnStray
Say guys! What if, just what if. We turn them all into little girls. And they still wear pants. And have them fight against each other in a silly match of chess.

Well, the genderbends are official.

All you need is chess.

Invisible Lover

7,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
I like the anime. It's just one of those animes that you either love it or hate it. not all fans are crazy some say they are but I don't think they have met every hetalia fan in the world. I don't mind if people hate the anime I just hate how they judge the person based on what anime they watch. ( my friend jacob hates the show he thinks it's not funny but we are best friends.) you should give it a try don't let people persuade you not to watch it. I use to HATE naruto but i never really gave it a try and now I love it but I don't think I'm a Narutard. I don't love it that much. like every anime I get into I become obsessed with it and watch like nothing else for 2-3 month (or until a new anime I like comes out) ...wow thats a lot you probaly won't even read it (-_-)
Itachi -ox
I don't like it, but others can like it if they want.
I hate it because it's not funny, I find no humor in it.

Cause you are a Narutotard. Just kiddn'....

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Xandistra
Itachi -ox

LMAO.
Itachi -ox
Xandistra
Itachi -ox

LMAO.

Hehehe~
-ex Narutard`-

Greedy Capitalist

User Image
I really love the English dub - the intended stereotype and racism is comical at the least. As for the Japanese dub, I do like the voice acting, but the script isn't exactly that humorous, much to my dismay.
People have their own opinions, and you can't really make whatever disagreements since it is a matter of taste and all. The hate for the series is not unusual - it stems mainly from the crazy fanbase we have. Coincidentally, I have a friend who was previously a fan of Hetalia, but left eventually because of the reckless fandom.
It's really up to you - but before making any assumption from the opinions, it's better if you give it a try.

Adored Raider

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
As you can see, I'm obviously a fan, and for me, it actually depends on your taste and how open-minded you are, because Hetalia is a parody of the World Wars.

I'm not saying that the haters are wrong and the lovers are right and/ or vice versa.

I understand why some people dislike the series because they might have had relatives who died in the wars and seeing that Hetalia made it seem like a joke angers them. Others may have other views in their countries and hate Hetalia because Himaruya, for them, portrays their country wrongly, like Korea. Korea banned Hetalia because they found it offending and all. Some hate it because they say it's yaoi and all. Well, personally, Himaruya gave a few hints of yaoi in the manga but he didn't include any kind of /actual yaoi/ that shows countries doing "it".

The suggestion I have for you is you should try it only if you are really open-minded with stereotypes and such, but overall, it's funny, interesting, and you learn some real history from it, too.
From the first episode I was hooked I couldn't stop watching them.
I don't hate people who say it's s**t but it's not for everyone, so please if your badmouthing Hetalia Stop! Or Russia will Kill You!

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Well yeah it's racist. But sometimes people take these jokes way too seriously.

I am actually a Hetalia fan, but I try to keep my distance from those Yaoi fans emotion_puke They can be really really hardcore fans, too much in fact.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff