Welcome to Gaia! ::

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
I have tried so hard to like it.

At only 5 minutes a piece, it was quite easy to just pop on an episode any time I was bored/waiting but didn't have the 23 minutes most other anime take, and I ended up watching a lot of Hetalia over the last year. It's really not that good though. It lacks funny most of the time, and isn't quite what I was hoping for. I think a lot of the popularity comes from the characters (and fan pairing of them) instead of it actually being a good show.

Wheezing Capitalist

6,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love Hetalia but it's only for people who know how to take a joke. The manga is way better than the anime and the original webcomic is really funny. The fanbase is kind of scary sometimes but they're not all bad. I understand why people don't like it because it is kind of racist...all the time. But watch it for yourself and see what you think.

Cute Punk

Perosnally speaking I love the series if it's not obvious by my avatar and screen name but I can understand where some get their panties in a knot over it.

Yes, it's crude and yes a lot of the jokes are offensive but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Did I laugh at the jokes? Hell yeah, I loved them! I wasn't offended but everyone is different. We get a lot of yaoi fangirls which I don't mind, my biggest ship from the series (GerIta) is yaoi but it can be rather annoying when you try to ship someone with another character and you have agressive fans. Shipping wars. Ok, yes I am guilty of being a diehard GerIta shipper but that's my only offense.

The cosplays for the part are gorgeous but the fans in real life can be amusing, a few of them frighten me (Like the Nazi Prussia and Germany I saw at Ohayocon '11 who gave me this death glare for being North Italy.) but the only troublesome ones I have met have been online.

Now the haters...Let's see, how do I put this...If you quit giving them the attention (The shitty fans) that they so desperately crave they'll eventually get bored and taper off. Hetalia's a big series at the moment and it sells because of pretty male characters. It might take a couple years before the fandom dies down, Naruto even died down a lot considering how scary the fanbase used to be. Long story short, don't acknowledge them and let them die out on their own.

But yeah, this is just my take on it all.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
User Image
You think you have won, and that the darkness will consume me, but you've yet to realize....

Too long? That was barely a paragraph on its own...

that I AM THE DARKNESS!!!!!I can never be destroyed, as I am part of existence itself!
User Image

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
psychoprincess16
Wow that was really long... 0_0
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Longer than Japan's p***s, for sure...

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Personally I think the anime starts out kind of funny, starts to get boring around season 2 and eventually becomes as boring as Lucky Star. stare Plus some of the jokes can get pretty racist and extremely repetitive. And just as a tip, avoid the Hetalia fangirls as much as possible.

Dedicated Friend

User Image
"And you all know, security is mortal's greatest enemy." -Hecate
People who think it is too racist should learn
to stop taking everything to heart.

Ruthless Businesswoman

9,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
Hetalia isn't racist at all. It just uses silly nationality stereotypes. Sometimes, it'll go over your head if you're not paying attention to it hard enough. Personally, I enjoyed the series a lot. I love reading the webcomics, I love talking to people about it, I love looking at the little memes in the fandom that Himaruya indirectly created and all the fanart that comes with it. This is one of the two Boxer Hockey would be the other webcomics I actually CHOOSE to go back and read over because it's funny.

I can see why it'd be dull, boring and annoying to other people. It takes time to get into it or even understand what the hell is going on (The webcomic and anime is ALL over the place, word up). The characters often look like each other and usually have repetitive personalities. I have a friend who's a fan and let me tell you... she ratchet talk2hand .

So yeah, Hetalia isn't something I'd recommend people to watch but I wouldn't say never watch this s**t it's so God awful, you'll be ruined.

However, you should totally watch APH: Paint it White or the World Series. Those were my favorites.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
amerimulete
Hetalia isn't racist at all. It just uses silly nationality stereotypes. Sometimes, it'll go over your head if you're not paying attention to it hard enough. Personally, I enjoyed the series a lot. I love reading the webcomics, I love talking to people about it, I love looking at the little memes in the fandom that Himaruya indirectly created and all the fanart that comes with it. This is one of the two Boxer Hockey would be the other webcomics I actually CHOOSE to go back and read over because it's funny.

I can see why it'd be dull, boring and annoying to other people. It takes time to get into it or even understand what the hell is going on (The webcomic and anime is ALL over the place, word up). The characters often look like each other and usually have repetitive personalities. I have a friend who's a fan and let me tell you... she ratchet talk2hand .

So yeah, Hetalia isn't something I'd recommend people to watch but I wouldn't say never watch this s**t it's so God awful, you'll be ruined.

However, you should totally watch APH: Paint it White or the World Series. Those were my favorites.
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

No. There is racism in the series. That is what makes it funny.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Witty Citizen

I watched it and liked it, until I went to Disney World's Epcot on Hetalia day. I remember I was wearing a shirt with Pikachu on it, and this cosplay group chased me and my friend all day. Apparently the fanbase has set some Hetalia time aside for Pokemon xD But I got over it soon enough xD

Blessed Sex Symbol

In my opinion, it's amazing. It in a sense shows that the countries of this world do have the opportunities to work together yet because of minor differences they don't. I find it hilarious and adorable and it makes us laugh at ourselves to help us make ourselves better, it was never purely meant to criticize any countries or nationalities in any sense or way.

Blessed Sex Symbol

digihearts35
Personally I think the anime starts out kind of funny, starts to get boring around season 2 and eventually becomes as boring as Lucky Star. stare Plus some of the jokes can get pretty racist and extremely repetitive. And just as a tip, avoid the Hetalia fangirls as much as possible.

As a Hetalia fangirl myself, I agree OTL Especially yaoi fangirls emotion_facepalm

Ruthless Businesswoman

9,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
Anasui
amerimulete

No. There is racism in the series. That is what makes it funny.

Hardly. It's mostly just jabs at nationalities, if that isn't all it is.

Sparkly Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Eh, everyone has different tastes, personally I love the series.
Say guys! What if, just what if. We turn them all into little girls. And they still wear pants. And have them fight against each other in a silly match of chess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff