Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Does anyone know where I can watch hetalia dub? Netflix only has a few episode up to season 3

Sparkling Star

6,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I'm trying to understand why Hetalia's dying. Maybe its time has come? I don't know. Maybe it's because the author has been on and off on his blog for the past two years. At any rate, people are moving on.

However, I'm trying my best to stay in the fandom. I don't have the enthusiasm I used to but I've been in it for so long that it's hard to get out. Attack on Titan is my new big fandom but Hetalia has brought me such amazing memories that I can't simply leave it. emo

This thread seems to be going nowhere, so lemme do the honors of trying to get some form of discussion going on.

Who's your favorite IRL country? What about your favorite Hetalia country? Are they the same? Did you like a Hetalia character and then later their country?

Also, I totally wish there was a live action movie. It'd have to have a big budget though. Like, Hollywood budget. The reasoning being if they cast all Japanese actors (like they probably are with Attack on Titan =_=), it'd completely ruin the point. They'd need actors of all ethnicities, They don't necessarily have to be from the country they're playing as, but it'd be cool.

A (good, well developed) Hetalia live action movie would be the cherry on top and nice ending to a series. I'd watch the s**t out of it if it was good.

So there's another question! Who would you guys cast to play the countries in a Hetalia movie?!
insane chocolatelover
Does anyone know where I can watch hetalia dub? Netflix only has a few episode up to season 3

I use either WatchCartoonOnline or KissAnime, which also happens to have Beautiful World on it.
Speaking of which, Daisoku on tumblr has subbed all the season 5 bonus episodes~

For the record, the dub of season 5 is coming out this summer (or so I've heard...). whee
Kinkaede
Attack on Titan is my new big fandom but Hetalia has brought me such amazing memories that I can't simply leave it. emo

This thread seems to be going nowhere, so lemme do the honors of trying to get some form of discussion going on.

Who's your favorite IRL country? What about your favorite Hetalia country? Are they the same? Did you like a Hetalia character and then later their country?

OMG I'm the exact opposite lol I've been trying to get into other fandoms, y'know, to widen my interests, but not even series with huge fandoms- everything from Attack on Titan to Homestuck to Doctor Who- have been able to replace my love for Hetalia~ heart I mean for whatever reason, everytime I look at Jean, I think of Prussia.

IRL, my fave countries would probably be Canada (my home <3), Italy (my heritage), the Nordic countries (for the way they run things), and Australia (idk why).

Hetalia-wise, number one is Germany. Idek why, I usually go for the funny guy type, but that's definitely given me a respect for the culture~ and the language.... redface
My other faves would be Prussia, Spain, America, Canada totally not biased, Romano, France, Holland, and Denmark. They've all had the same effect on me IRL.
Actually, at this point I kinda love the whole cast! (minus 2 or 3)

Kinkaede
So there's another question! Who would you guys cast to play the countries in a Hetalia movie?!

I have little to no knowledge of actors, so.... "OTL
But I'll be happy as long as Orlando Bloom plays Legolas Germania. XD

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
ChibiChurros
Prodigious_girl
ChibiChurros

Here (it's a roleplay forum but we're awesome): Hetalia: A World United

It might take awhile for Greenie to accept you though since we've all been on a wobbly hiatus.

But if you don't feel like joining you're always welcome to hang out here. Misuki and I are commonly around.

YAAAY~ *flails happily*
I actually don't roleplay much, as I tend to overthink everything, but I'd love to try it~
I'll give it a look when I'm not lazy.
= 3 Sure, but like I said we're all on "vacation" right now. Haha.

Kinkaede

Fav IRL country: Canada (because I'm a diehard patriot, that's why). I'm trying VERY HARD not to let that jackass Prime Minister, Stephen Harper ruin it...

Fav Hetalia Character: Canada and "America" (Headcanon: Canada calls him "the States", because it's what we do). I also have a decent amount of love for France.

Movie: I don't want to see an IRL movie. I think that'd TOTALLY ruin my love for Hetalia because I'd have SERIOUSLY high expectations for my favourite characters. Another animated movie would be nice though.

As for the dubbed episodes none have been released for season five (Beautiful World) just yet. The Funimation DVD should be released this summer.

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
ChibiChurros
insane chocolatelover

I use either WatchCartoonOnline or KissAnime, which also happens to have Beautiful World on it.
Speaking of which, Daisoku on tumblr has subbed all the season 5 bonus episodes~

For the record, the dub of season 5 is coming out this summer (or so I've heard...). whee

thankyou very much^^ already dub in the summer?? when did season 5 come out again

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Kinkaede

I always had an interest to go to Spain, Canada, Japan, and Russia
Spain because after 5-generations my family originate from Spain and I would like to see and learn as much as I can. Canada because even though its just right above the sates so much of it is different that I would like to visit it as well. Japan (though yes part of it is for the anime side) My real reason would be to see the shrines and hot springs, how different holidays and traditions are done.
Russia because I feel that its one of those countries that people judge before they get to know. (Like Germans) I want to bask in its cultures and food. sure more places I can talk about but for now these

My favorite Hetalia country would be: Canada, Russia, Romano, Lithuania, Iceland, Finland, and Sweden (i love them all but to name a few)

I have no idea who i would cast to play them>< though its obvious to say the have to look similar and be able to portray their personality really well

Shy Cat

8,665 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Kinkaede

IRL:
-Britain (it's always interested me ever since I was a kid, plus I love the accents, plus-plus it's a good part of my heritage)
-Japan (because anime and my favorite games come from there, and they always come up with the really cool technology; plus the history and folklore are fascinating)
-Ireland (another part of my heritage, and the language is beautiful)
-Germany (yet another part of my heritage, and it's just plain interesting)
-Australia (aka the most terrifying place on Earth; I would have died by the time I was 2 if I lived there, because I was always running around catching everything that moved)
-Russia (moreso the language than anything else, but that's because everything I know about the country can be summed up in a movie and a song)
-the USA (because that's my country talk2hand )

Hetalia:
-England (he's my favorite character, 'nuff said)
-Italy (it's kind of funny, because I couldn't stand him until Heta Oni, where he was my favorite character. Now, instead of incredibly annoying, his antics strike me as somewhat bittersweet because I can't shake the impression Heta Oni left on me)
-Russia (I'd probably be just as terrified of him as everyone else if I met him IRL, but I still want to give him a hug)
-Sweden (He might look scary but he's a teddy bear xd )
-France (Why do I always like the Handsome Lech/Chivalrous Pervert tropes gonk )
-Germany (I'd actually be even more terrified of him than of Russia--strict people scare me--but he's awesome, and when he drops his guard he's adorable)
-Male!Belarus (because he's usually not as scary as regular Belarus)
-Romano (He's so angry and loud all the time, but he's hilarious)
-China (Though I'm not sure exactly why)

I could make that list a mile long since I have moments where I love just about every character, but these are the ones I love the most.

Sparkling Star

6,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I just realized I should probably answer my own questions. xD

My favorite IRL country is a tie between Iceland and Sweden. As someone who is of heavy (80%) Norwegian ancestry, I feel a bit like a traitor saying that, but oh well. Norway's number two, so whatever. Now for the reasons why!

Sweden • Corporal punishment hasn't been a parental right since 1948(!!!!!) and became illegal/a felony in 1979. The law passed unanimously since the majority of the public thought it was wrong anyway. ******** yeah. On a lighter note, their culture intrigues me and I love the language, even if it strains my voice because it's like singing. sweatdrop The way the country is run is also a huge plus. It's not been that great recently because of controversial things, but overall Sweden has an extremely high standard of living and boooy does it show. Sweden is also a very environmentally friendly country, rated #3 in the world, only beaten by Norway and Iceland. Denmark was in 4th and--you guessed it--Finland was in 5th.

Iceland • Basically the same reasons as Sweden, except they're even more environmentally friendly! And that's hard to do. Iceland is an absolutely unique and stunning hunk of land and I would kill to visit there. Since it's been ICEolated (I'm sorry, I had to), the peoples' culture has become almost as unique and different as their gene pool. I'll admit it, I'm a huge genealogy nerd. Icelandic people have seriously some of the most interesting and beautiful faces I've ever seen. It's all thanks to inbreeding.

...The good kind, not the Honey Boo Boo kind.

At this point you can just add all the other Nordic countries, Scotland (the remaining 20% of my ancestry huehuehue), Ireland, Italy, and Latvia up there as well.

Now, for my favorite Hetalia countries...

All the Nordics because I'm that big of a jerk • They're total Nordicks. They history of all 5 of the countries, both in Hetalia and irl, make for some seriously awesome scenarios and headcanons. Also NORSE MYTHOLOGY, ******** YEAH!

Germany • He's the Good Cop of the series. Very disciplined, not really someone you'd take to a comedy club, but he has a big heart and has awesome moobs.

Estonia • Do I really need to say why? I'd let him touch my CPU anyday. dramallama

Romano • He's like the UberHaxorNova of Hetalia. Someone who swears a lot, who's the butt monkey, who's honest to a fault, who just doesn't give a s**t....That's my kind of person. I'd want to be his friend so we could curse the world together.

Aaaand that's pretty much it. biggrin

Space Genius

Gosh dang it, I can't get into the series but I really really like the take on the concept. sweatdrop So much that I created an OC for my favourite government organization ever without ever touch the source material.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
insane chocolatelover
thankyou very much^^ already dub in the summer?? when did season 5 come out again
Oh wow...quite some time ago. Like....January 2013. You're WAAAAAAAY behind, friend.

wink Also, you're always welcome to come visit us in Canada. <3

Important Info

1. Volume 6 of the manga has been translated and will be available starting May 16th. It is currently available for pre-order with Rightstuf.

2. The dubbed version of Hetalia: The Beautiful World (season five) will be released July 22nd. It is also available for pre-order right now with Rightstuf.

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Oh wow...quite some time ago. Like....January 2013. You're WAAAAAAAY behind, friend.

Important Info

1. Volume 6 of the manga has been translated and will be available starting May 16th. It is currently available for pre-order with Rightstuf.

2. The dubbed version of Hetalia: The Beautiful World (season five) will be released July 22nd. It is also available for pre-order right now with Rightstuf.

Let me love you forever for telling me.
Wow a little over a year.
I want to go to canada one day
And see as much as I can

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover

Important Info

And see as much as I can
You'd better pack a lot of suitcases then because we're a BIG country. The best way to see Canada is by train without a doubt. heart

You can probably find various episodes subbed on Tumblr.

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover

Important Info

And see as much as I can
You'd better pack a lot of suitcases then because we're a BIG country. The best way to see Canada is by train without a doubt. heart

I thought of the song Canada is really big^^ ive never been on a train. That would be fun. Mzybe not tomorrow or next week....butone day!!

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover

Important Info

And see as much as I can

I thought of the song Canada is really big^^ ive never been on a train. That would be fun. Mzybe not tomorrow or next week....butone day!!
Haha. The Arrogant Worms. They've got a lot of great Canada songs. My favourite is "I Am Not American".

One day I hope to go across Canada by train too. <3 Gunna be fun! ;-; Can't wait to see the picturesque Rockies in B.C.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff