Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aha, I feel like one of these days I'm gonna lose it and scream into the Hetalia tags "BE MY DOITSU!"
But really, I want one. sweatdrop Like, at the very least to play game with...

Hygienic Autobiographer

Omg I love how much they're sticking to canon stuff in the new series it's like wow they got heights the same and everything
beautiful. just beautiful.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
I wasn't going to watch the new episode until tomorrow since I have to work tonight...but I couldn't help it. XD

There were so many things that excited me about this episode. <.<;; Though I was disappointed that the school is in Dublin yet there's no Ireland.

But when Japan called England "tsundere" and England was like... O.o Whut? I lol'd. A bit of a tribe to the fans, I think.

Will episode three be a continuation or will that come later in the series? Italy did say something along the lines of "the battle will continue in the second half" at the end of the episode so....

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
saw this..dunno if anyone else has seen it yet

that dance italy does at the end of the episodes is funny

Hygienic Autobiographer

Omg I lost my s**t when England was like "Tsun?" I'm just like omg
I realized today that I am a fun-killing piece of s**t, but I don't really know what to do about it.
I'm just so tired of people grasping for their pairings to be canon, even if they have a valid point, even if it's my own OTP, I'm just like shut uuuuup burning_eyes

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
"Vuvuzela Honk Honk Club"
I DIED.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Prince Raivis
I realized today that I am a fun-killing piece of s**t, but I don't really know what to do about it.
I'm just so tired of people grasping for their pairings to be canon, even if they have a valid point, even if it's my own OTP, I'm just like shut uuuuup burning_eyes

I completely relate. So much love for my own OTP, but I cringe, absolutely cringe when people do that. Again, it would suit me perfectly if nothing was canon, because I could ship to my hearts content and there would be nothing to alienate other people's pairings.

But I also cringe when people go out of their way to just shut other fans down when anything particular "shippy" happens with their OTP in canon. It could just be a picture of something, and some people just have to go out of their way to tell anyone who likes it that IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING OK. It's like, way to be a d**k. If someone's happy about something between the two characters that happened, let them be happy, don't sit there and be all "WELL it probably doesn't mean what you think it does, and you know in THIS episode this happened between that character and a DIFFERENT guy, so whatever".

I'm just like "Really b***h? No one asked you." All around I can't stand fandom politics sometimes.
Yeah... I kind of did that yesterday. And I apologized for it, it was a shitty thing to do. I was exhausted meaning my little thing that says "Don't do that, it's douchey" was already asleep. OTL

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
Okay, it's one thing when the person is all "SEE? MY SHIP IS OFFICIALLY CANON, THE REST OF YOU CAN SUCK IT". That would be one thing. But how many people actually say that? A bunch of silly fantards on tumblr do not count. Yet somehow their behavior makes everyone think all fans of whatever ship are exactly the same.

But anyway, if it's just a little something that the fans want to be excited about, why the hell not? The RusAme fans were all giddy about episode 2 because of the scarf thing. Do I ship RusAme? Not at all. Not even a little bit. Did I get pissy because they were happy? No! That's dumb. :/
I dunno... due to some kind of shitty people I guess the term "canon" and shipping in general has been a little soured for me. But I'll try to get over that, and I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on (I apologized to them again today).
The funny thing is, it was a GerIta post. My OTP.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
Prince Raivis
I dunno... due to some kind of shitty people I guess the term "canon" and shipping in general has been a little soured for me. But I'll try to get over that, and I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on (I apologized to them again today).
The funny thing is, it was a GerIta post. My OTP.

Nope, I get it. Kinda like how I get ragey when I'm reading a USUK fic (my OTP, lol of course) and the author makes a HUGE DEAL out of trashing the ******** out of France (or some other character, but it's usually France). First of all, I adore France. So much. So that's one thing. But I'm 100% against vilifying the "competition", as it were. There's a huge difference between doing it for the sake of the story and doing it just to make a statement. So gross. That makes it really hard to enjoy my OTP when a small amount (but still too many) abuse it that way.

Sometimes it's best to just look the other way before saying something one can't take back. Or committing homicide.

Witty Capitalist

Knight of Britannia
That was RusAme? gonk

America was getting completely suffocated... But if the shippers of that pairing like it... Then alright then I guess? Kind of sadistic but that's just them.

And am I the only one that thinks Japan in season five resembles Hong Kong a little too much?

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
l Herd u leik Squirtlez l
That was RusAme? gonk

America was getting completely suffocated... But if the shippers of that pairing like it... Then alright then I guess? Kind of sadistic but that's just them.

LOL Well don't quote me on this, but for some people (not all!) that's the appeal of the ship. Since they like... "hate" each other, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff