Welcome to Gaia! ::

l Soviet Titties l

Let me love you emotion_hug
Yes, shipping can be nice. GerIta gives me all the feels. But it just gets stale after a while. It's like ok, can we do something else now?

Unrelated annoying thing: Roleplaying in youtube comments... I don't know how long people have been doing it, but they're starting to get into my videos, and in response I have started threatening them with violence. emotion_donotwant

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
l Soviet Titties l
Knight of Britannia

But that's only if you care what other people are shipping. :/ I really don't care how others interpret it, as long as they don't lambaste others for shipping something else. What's wonderful about people having so many ways of viewing things like that is that there's always something else to consider, and even ways to be educated. No one is really right or wrong.

And you can still have your OTP and cherish it without worrying what little ignorant fanbrats have to say about it. I certainly do. (shrugs)

I don't care what people ship. They could ship Germany's dogs and Belarus. My problem is when this becomes the sole basis for a fandom. Legitimate discussions are extremely rare, and everything is tailored around someone ******** someone else.

I never said there was anything wrong with people interpreting the characters as they pleased; I don't give a ******** and they probably have a s**t load of inaccuracies anyways. However the problem is that these fans make these characters just for ********, and when this fever runs rampant through a fandom the actual series is no longer cared about, and what's only cared about is basically: people ********.

I can assure you most of the fandom is probably excited for the new season not simply because it's Hetalia, but because they're hoping there's some hint at their two favorite characters ********]

I apologize, I fully agree with you, I didn't mean to come off as saying something you didn't mean. D:

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Knight of Britannia

I apologize, I fully agree with you, I didn't mean to come off as saying something you didn't mean. D:

Oh lol, that's okay. I misread your post. XP

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Tsuki_Kirkland
That is true , Im yong soo doesn’t appear and they still cosplay him. Its just amazing how they ‘re so loved despite not getting airtime. Fans even create their own nations from the ones who haven’t even been made or shown to the public yet.
XD I've seen cosplay pictures of the fanmade Scotland.

Misuki Marishima
I suppose that is what I consider the "beauty" of the Hetalia series. The fandom expands where Himaruya doesn't necessarily give details. They work in history (along with their own knowledge of that country) to make their OCs, or even interpret the already-present series characters like Austria or Germany.
A lot of characters lack depth (and since we only ever see them in "funny" situations people have to make up for all the other kinds of situations) so people add to them.

l Soviet Titties l
That's also the bad part.

For example, U.S. and U.K. have a long history together. That means they should be automatically ********.

Oh, but what's this? U.S. and Canada have a lot in common. They should be ******** instead.

Ohoho, what's this? Belarus is U.S.' adopted sister? Have them ******** too.

But hot hotdamn, U.S. and Soviet Union had a lot of tension during the Cold War. Well, it's obviously sexual tension and they're probably ********.

What's this? You mean to tell me Prussia trained U.S. during the Revolutionary War? He should be ******** Prussia instead!

But you know, I'm part Mexican and Mexico hasn't been represented. Let me make Mexico, and have America ******** him because they had a war together.

= / I see your point...but that's not what she was getting at...

stare And Canada and America DO NOT have a lot in common, which is why they're considered an "opposites attract" pairing...but like I said, your point about people finding reasons to pair is still valid. Sorry, that's not me defending the OTP, that's the Canadian in me definding the "we're not American" position.

Prince Raivis
I do find it annoying that, not only in Hetalia but in every fandom, sex seems to be the top priority in character relations. "Are they ********? Why not, they should be ********. Everyone should be ********!"
1. There's a lot more to a relationship than sex. You can even have a romantic relationship without it!
2. Romantic relationships aren't the only ones that matter! I have a boatload of feels surrounding certain siblings. And then there's some epic bromances as well.

(Shrugs) Not going to lie, I enjoy reading pure smut sometimes (providing it's with characters I pair whom already have a developed relationship headcanon wise). But I enjoy "build-up" stories more...where they go through this journey of establishing a relationship first. They can't ALWAYS be screwing around...hell, they can't ALWAYS get along. Sometimes they're going to fight and not speak to each other (much less touch each other).

And yes!! Hurray for people who create relationships that AREN'T sex-filled! ;-; Haven't people figured out how cute and/or emotional non-sex relationships can be? And what's wrong with one character having a crush on another character that will never be forefilled? ;-; Man, where has all the REAL romance gone?

OH!! And parent/child like relationships (See England & America or France and Canada) are one of my FAVOURITE relationships to explore. ;w; So adorable...and the guardian nation played an important role in the development of their protoge that's interesting to explore.

<.<;; The similarities in modern day America and Imperial Great Britain are uncanny, I swear...

l Soviet Titties l
"How would Confederate States of America be portrayed?"

I think we discussed this a little while ago because I remember saying that was the only exception I'd make for State personification. 8 D

Prince Raivis
Unrelated annoying thing: Roleplaying in youtube comments... I don't know how long people have been doing it, but they're starting to get into my videos, and in response I have started threatening them with violence. emotion_donotwant
OMG YES!! They've been doing it for like...the past year and it's the most ANNOYING thing!! And they comment to each other and to people commenting on the video.

-_-;; If they want to do that they should get a tumblr account or something...I consider it spam on youtube.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Prodigious_girl
And Canada and America DO NOT have a lot in common

lol
l Soviet Titties l
Prodigious_girl

lol

I'm sorry, you are kind of amusing with that...
I think it's the rest of the world that gets us confused, cause I know around here we're like "lol silly Canadians, you're so weird, with your bagged milk and your French~"
I HAVE to see America and Canada as brothers though, it's too perfect, the way we interact. "You're weird!" "You're weirder!" "Well you're stupid!" "I'M stupid?! Look at you!" "Bagged milk?" "What else would you keep milk in?" "Not a bag!"
I know I treat you all way too much like a sibling sweatdrop I just love to pick on you guys... It's too much fun. But I wuv you :3

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Prince Raivis
l Soviet Titties l
Prodigious_girl

lol

I think it's the rest of the world that gets us confused, cause I know around here we're like "lol silly Canadians, you're so weird, with your bagged milk and your French~"
I HAVE to see America and Canada as brothers though, it's too perfect, the way we interact. "You're weird!" "You're weirder!" "Well you're stupid!" "I'M stupid?! Look at you!" "Bagged milk?" "What else would you keep milk in?" "Not a bag!"
I know I treat you all way too much like a sibling sweatdrop I just love to pick on you guys... It's too much fun. But I wuv you :3
Western Canada doesn't have bagged milk. 8 D Just us COOL EASTERN CANADIANS. cool
Bahaha. But I heard awhile ago that China was actually considering bagged milk too. Hmmmm. I have no idea if they actually went through with it. <.<;; Kind of like Iceland wanting the Canadian dollar than deciding they didn't...

talk2hand Us? Siblings? How offensive! (JK!! We, deep deep down, love you guys too.)
Prodigious_girl
Prince Raivis
l Soviet Titties l
Prodigious_girl

lol

Western Canada doesn't have bagged milk. 8 D Just us COOL EASTERN CANADIANS. cool
Bahaha. But I heard awhile ago that China was actually considering bagged milk too. Hmmmm. I have no idea if they actually went through with it. <.<;; Kind of like Iceland wanting the Canadian dollar than deciding they didn't...

talk2hand Us? Siblings? How offensive! (JK!! We, deep deep down, love you guys too.)

There are parts of the US that have it apparently. I know in elementary school we had individual bags at lunch that you poke a straw in, but that's it, and it tasted like crap. Was so glad when they switched to cartons.

aaahhh, the FACE family gives me feels. It's a bit dysfunctional, but still good. France and UK act enough like an old married divorced couple to pass for parents -3- And then America and Canada are bros, who pick on each other a lot, but still love each other. I guess that makes Australia the bad child who got sent off to boot camp or something...

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Prince Raivis
Prodigious_girl
Prince Raivis
l Soviet Titties l
Prodigious_girl

lol

There are parts of the US that have it apparently. I know in elementary school we had individual bags at lunch that you poke a straw in, but that's it, and it tasted like crap. Was so glad when they switched to cartons.

aaahhh, the FACE family gives me feels. It's a bit dysfunctional, but still good. France and UK act enough like an old married divorced couple to pass for parents -3- And then America and Canada are bros, who pick on each other a lot, but still love each other. I guess that makes Australia the bad child who got sent off to boot camp or something...
OHMAIGOD!! We had those little square milk packages too! Waaaaaay back in the day. They weren't that bad.
*Shrugs* I've had carton milk and bagged milk and they both taste the same to me. But of course, the milk is coming from the same select companies.

XD France was a terrible parent...it took them FOREVER to get motivated to build settlements in Canada. They populated us with fir traders and prostitutes (the legendary "filles de roi"s), ignored us half the time and then practically gave us away to Britain. Definately not good parenting... Mind you we got ourselves into trouble too...<.<;; Made a deal with "the devil" (I.E. Britain) over fir trading lands and got screwed over (hence Rupert's Land).

;-; Nobody (other than maybe Samuel Champlain) really cared about Canada. Voltaire called us "a frozen wasteland", the Marquis de Montcalm who was supposed to protect us hating living here and couldn't wait to leave and King Louis XV's mistress, Madame de Pompadour, said she wanted France hurry up and lose Canada so the king could end the war and rest. Even the French encyclopedia described Canada as "a country inhabited by bears and barbarians, covered with snow for eight months a year". -.-;; Who goes around telling people your colony is full of barbarians?

Oh and the Acadians (present day Maritimes Canada)...when they were expelled by the British some went to France...and were shunned as foreigners. -_-;; Yeah...

To France's credit they have tried over the last century to make things work between us (lots of monuments and whatnot dedicated to Canada's WWI and WWII efforts. The D-Day museum was placed near Juno Beach and shaped like a maple leaf for a reason ^_~). Now if only Charles de Gaulle hadn't opened his big mouth about Quebec separation...<.<;; (Luckily, France no longer supports that).

Now that my terribly long "downer" rant is done...Australia is a brother too? I've always considered him and New Zealand to be more along the lines of cousins.
Well, to Britain, not necessarily the NA Bros. Britain's brother/child/thing.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I’ve never cared about pairings, seems silly to me to be pairing human versions of actual nations together.
Tsuki_Kirkland
I’ve never cared about pairings, seems silly to me to be pairing human versions of actual nations together.

Not really. They are presented to us as people, with personalities, feelings, lives... It's no different than shipping any other fictional characters. I think some people get too caught up on the fact that they represent nations though. "You can't ship this because they have no history!" "My ship's better than yours because it's historically accurate!" "You can't ship them, they were at war in the past!"
Everyone should just calm down and ship what they want for whatever reason and sty out of other people's ships -.-

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Prince Raivis
Tsuki_Kirkland

Not really. They are presented to us as people, with personalities, feelings, lives... It's no different than shipping any other fictional characters. I think some people get too caught up on the fact that they represent nations though. "You can't ship this because they have no history!" "My ship's better than yours because it's historically accurate!" "You can't ship them, they were at war in the past!"
Everyone should just calm down and ship what they want for whatever reason and sty out of other people's ships -.-

That is true, they are shown as people. However, they’re still the human representation of a real nation. I agree, some people do seem to get caught up in that they represent nations . That is true, it would be nice if they’d calm down and ship what they want without fighting. WOuld make the fanbase seem less crazy. That’s the problem with a lot of fanbases, the crazy ones are the most vocal and seem to be the ones crazy about character pairings.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Prince Raivis
8 D Oh yeah, that I agree with. Australia is definately a "brother" to England.

Tsuki_Kirkland
I don't see how pairing two nations together is any more silly than two people of different ethnicities getting together. = /

There are people (and I'm talking large groups of people) who feel a very strong connection to people from another country. cool That's where pairings come from. ...Not from landmasses...but from the people who occupy that landmass.

Think about it...isn't there a country out there that you admire and think highly of? A country that, if it was destroyed and disappeared off the face of the planet, you'd be devastated? That's love, dear. You love that country. It's not necessarily being IN love...but it's still love of some sort. That love and admiration for that country is absorbed by the personified nation that is representing you and your fellow citizens.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Prodigious_girl
Prince Raivis
8 D Oh yeah, that I agree with. Australia is definately a "brother" to England.

Tsuki_Kirkland
I don't see how pairing two nations together is any more silly than two people of different ethnicities getting together. = /

There are people (and I'm talking large groups of people) who feel a very strong connection to people from another country. cool That's where pairings come from. ...Not from landmasses...but from the people who occupy that landmass.

Think about it...isn't there a country out there that you admire and think highly of? A country that, if it was destroyed and disappeared off the face of the planet, you'd be devastated? That's love, dear. You love that country. It's not necessarily being IN love...but it's still love of some sort. That love and admiration for that country is absorbed by the personified nation that is representing you and your fellow citizens.

Not really,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces