Welcome to Gaia! ::

aviatea

I still owe my brother for buying the second volume for me. XD You should totally get it! It's definitely worth the money for all its cuteness! heart

I'm from The Philippines. biggrin

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Raivis of Riga
Lady_Mad_Hatter
Alright then. What are are we talking about now? heart

I do not know! : D
Stuff.
And I'm still trying to write that fanfic.
Soviet food fights are so cute. (god that sounds awful...)

Wonderful. I want to read that fic when you're done.
Honestly, it sounded more amusing then anything. ;3
Have you ever seen this person's art? She does a lot of Hetalia-related work, if you care to look at her gallery.

Dedicated Heckler

Lady_Mad_Hatter
Ztarly Knightz

Oh, I wasn't saying you made typos. I had made several in my post and had to fix them. xd

Ah! Alright then. I was worrying "Is my spelling that terrible?! gonk " All is well then. Btw, did you finish our song? Gaia no longer tells me when you quote my posts.

Yah, I did. o/ Too lazy to go and find the post now though.

And more related to the discussion: I often wonder how many people that claim they hate the series have actually watched/read it (or are just trolling). :V If you have and you hate it, fine, but some people refuse to give it a chance generally because of the fanbase but honestly in reality if you do try to look for the right people you can have some good fun. :V
I think, whenever conversation dies and I'm bored, I'll post one of my abominations videos.
Lady_Mad_Hatter
Raivis of Riga
Lady_Mad_Hatter
Alright then. What are are we talking about now? heart

I do not know! : D
Stuff.
And I'm still trying to write that fanfic.
Soviet food fights are so cute. (god that sounds awful...)

Wonderful. I want to read that fic when you're done.
Honestly, it sounded more amusing then anything. ;3
Have you ever seen this person's art? She does a lot of Hetalia-related work, if you care to look at her gallery.
Wow. They're good.
I've actually seen some of their stuff around the internet, even used one or two in videos. ._. I uh, hope they don't mind... I'm pretty sure I got them off photobucket.
Raivis of Riga

I totally ship Austria x Hungary. Better than Prussia x Hungary, imo. I'm not really sure why, but I like Hungary being all girly when she's with Austria rather than a tomboy with Prussia. XD
Lizanne Feraille
Raivis of Riga

I totally ship Austria x Hungary. Better than Prussia x Hungary, imo. I'm not really sure why, but I like Hungary being all girly when she's with Austria rather than a tomboy with Prussia. XD

Actually, any Austria x Hungary videos I've made were made for my friends, who cosplay them. They're so much like the characters it's scary.
aviatea

Well, definitely go in the future. XD Wait until our damn government has finally knocked some sense into themselves and the economy is livable.

I think we'd be all dead when that happens.
Raivis of Riga

Aaaahhhh cosplay~ I want to cosplay Hetalia too but ain't got the time. XP I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in your previous posts (tl;dr) but do you cosplay?

Even if I did have the time, I don't know who I'd be dressing up as. XD
Lizanne Feraille
aviatea

Well, definitely go in the future. XD Wait until our damn government has finally knocked some sense into themselves and the economy is livable.

I think we'd be all dead when that happens.

Oh dear D:
The whole world's kind of a mess right now. Latvia apparently fired their government, according to my Latvian friend. I was like "You... fired them?" How do you fire your government beyond a major uprising? ._.

And yes, I cosplay Latvia. ^^
Raivis of Riga

They fired their government? O_O I guess it can happen with parliamentary but I can't imagine that it won't be chaotic.

Awesome! Hetalia's too populated with male characters and I can't pass of as one so it's unlikely for me to do one of them. Unless I cosplay one of the females (oh god, not Ukraine please) but I don't look like anyone of them. XD

Finland, maybe? XD heart
Yeeaaah my friend tends to be pretty nonchalant about a lot of things, so I'm not really sure how serious it was... It was a couple months ago I think. I should look into that.

There ARE a lot of male characters... that's why the yaoi fangirls swarm to it, but it's a good thing for me, being trans and refusing to cosplay girls.

And what is it with you people and worrying so much about matching the characters? XD If you're gonna cosplay, cosplay someone you like. You probably won't be the worst-looking person there, and most people don't even care if it's right or not. The ones who do just don't have lives. rolleyes
Ztarly Knightz

And more related to the discussion: I often wonder how many people that claim they hate the series have actually watched/read it (or are just trolling). :V If you have and you hate it, fine, but some people refuse to give it a chance generally because of the fanbase but honestly in reality if you do try to look for the right people you can have some good fun. :V

Hetalia is the new show to hate. You know, like Naruto and Bleach. People don't need a reason to hate it, they just do, because it's the thing to do.
There are people who will list reasons, but most of them take it far too seriously.
Oh, this thread is a nice change of pace!

Well, to answer the poll question, it's a mix of character development and historical references. One of the things I love the most about this series is how flexible it can be. There's so much room for the fans to bring in their own knowledge of culture/history to develop the characters beyond what we get in the strips. I'm even okay with altering the canon details to a certain degree as long as the character's core personality is still in tact. And while I can certainly enjoy fics that have nothing to do with history...I love a good historical piece. It's my favorite thing to write too, although all I write lately is AUs and fluff...I wanna write some history stuff again...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff