Welcome to Gaia! ::

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Hima updated Hetalia in the Briz comic. The fandom really can shut up now. He's alive. He updated. burning_eyes
My friends have been telling me to watch this series.
Is it worth it? The last time I was at a con they wouldn't leave me alone about my accent.
So far France looks like a cool character.
Its Yummah
Is it worth it? The last time I was at a con they wouldn't leave me alone about my accent.

Well, the episodes are 5 minutes each, so it's not like a huge time suck or anything.
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Well, the episodes are 5 minutes each, so it's not like a huge time suck or anything.

Oh really? that shouldn't be that bad then.
Do you recommend subs, or dubs on this series?
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Both have their good points (though I'm pretty sure the dub's strongest good point is Eric Vale), but the sub is easier to come by, as, unless you're in certain countries, it's available legal and free on youtube.
The dub's only available for the first four episodes there, because they want people to buy it.

Chatty Informer

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Booberry Muffins
Hima updated Hetalia in the Briz comic. The fandom really can shut up now. He's alive. He updated. burning_eyes

Yays~hope he's okay though. (Well...about as okay as yeh can get as a mangaka in Japan.../shot)
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Both have their good points (though I'm pretty sure the dub's strongest good point is Eric Vale), but the sub is easier to come by, as, unless you're in certain countries, it's available legal and free on youtube.
The dub's only available for the first four episodes there, because they want people to buy it.

*Is in other country currently*
Is there any major differences between the sub and dub?...
Meh, that's pretty cheap of them... How many episodes should-
I watch to get a good view on it?
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Really depends on which episodes you watch. Most of them don't need to be watched in any particular order. I guess the first few are the most linear as they sort of show the formation of the axis powers.
I can't give you a number. Though if you go in order I'd say watch up to 9, which is where the allies are first really looked at (I think?)

Oh, as for differences, I think the main difference would be the humor. In my opinion at least, the sub uses more subtle humor, while the dub is more forward.
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Really depends on which episodes you watch. Most of them don't need to be watched in any particular order. I guess the first few are the most linear as they sort of show the formation of the axis powers.
I can't give you a number. Though if you go in order I'd say watch up to 9, which is where the allies are first really looked at (I think?)

I'd prefer to stay in order haha. Thanks.
So this anime has to do with WWII correct? If so I'm probably going to like it.

Chatty Informer

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
...I just finished reading the comic...and d'awwwww! Russia! How can he be so damn precious?!

Hardened Humorist

Chachi-chama
...I just finished reading the comic...and d'awwwww! Russia! How can he be so damn precious?!
It's a TRAP~!!
Its Yummah

Going in order isn't all that important since it jumps around a lot anyway. But it is easier to keep track that way.

The beginning focuses mostly on WWII and parts of Italy's past (the Chibitalia bits), but as it goes on it goes to other parts of history. World Series hardly focuses on WWII at all.
Prince Raivis
Its Yummah

Going in order isn't all that important since it jumps around a lot anyway. But it is easier to keep track that way.

The beginning focuses mostly on WWII and parts of Italy's past (the Chibitalia bits), but as it goes on it goes to other parts of history. World Series hardly focuses on WWII at all.

Yes, Id always love to know where I am.
Okay I understand know, so now I'm trying to find-
a way to watch them. I'm unable to order the DvD.

Feral Sweetheart

20,375 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Champion 300
Well, I hate to ask this, because it's probably already been asked, (I just don't want to read through +200 pages) but how has Hetalia gotten a bad reputation?
I mean, haters gonna hate, but there's no reason to hate! Hetalia pokes fun at everyone.

Hardened Humorist

Just watch it.

Subtitled is truer to the original information/humour. It's more informative.
Dubbed is an American Satire of an anime already making comedy out history and countries. If you prefer American/English humour over the Japanese then this may be for you. But like a previous poster, they both have value.

Funimation
Hulu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas