Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ztarly Knightz

Forgive me my typos please. I'm was typing a bunch of posts very quickly on a laptop with broken keys. Moreover it was not my computer so I didn't have my spell-correct software to fall back on. sweatdrop
Okami Attorney
User Image

It's always a nice little change of pace, seeing a thread like this. You know, with an actual discussion that goes beyond "WHOS UR FAVORITE COUNTRY" and all that noise.

Speaking of which, my favorite "country" is Sealand.

Anyway, I seriously love this fandom for all the good it can inspire people to do (and yes, that sounds really corny), but the good stuff gets buried under all these terrible things. Which sucks because Hetalia probably wouldn't get half the hate it gets if it weren't for the fans.

You feeling me on this....comrade?
User Image

It really can be a beautiful thing.
There was this one video on youtube (taken down by the creator because they didn't want to be a "one hit wonder" ) that was so good, it actually brought people to tears. It was just fanart of all the characters to the Celtic Women version of You Raise Me Up. There are others of course, but that one... I miss it. It could make you believe world peace was possible.
aviatea

Wow! That's awesome! Maybe we'll run into each other, haha. I'll keep an eye out! It might be harder to find me, though, as I'm actually using a more casual outfit rather than his uniform. Unless we bring the flags, the only things that will set us (my Alfred and I) apart will be our teacups and burgers LOL. And, of course, our Flying Mint Bunny, if she finishes her costume on time.

Exactly. I was a major history buff long before Hetalia came along, but it did spark my interest in countries I hadn't studied before and events I hadn't covered. It's good to learn new things regardless of where the curiosity came from.
I'll be sure to look for people with teacups and burgers! I would say look for the Latvia with the brown rabbit, but I've lost him. cry He was my Riga.

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Raivis of Riga
Don't let your skin color hold you back! Cosplay whoever the ******** you want! You can't help that it doesn't match up, just like I can't help being so short (it works for Latvia, yes, but not other characters I've done). You just gotta own it! Nobody is exactly like the person they cosplay. We're human. And if anyone judges you for that, they're not worth your time.

Thank you for your encouraging words! :"D Honestly though, I'm such a perfectionist that I don't know I could manage it.

Also, sorry for the long response time. I couldn't put up with that computer anymore.

Dapper Pup

Raivis of Riga
It really can be a beautiful thing.
There was this one video on youtube (taken down by the creator because they didn't want to be a "one hit wonder" ) that was so good, it actually brought people to tears. It was just fanart of all the characters to the Celtic Women version of You Raise Me Up. There are others of course, but that one... I miss it. It could make you believe world peace was possible.
User Image

d'aww ;;

From what I understand, that was the whole point of the series. It wasn't about showing the horrors or war, or to even portray it accurately. But people only see it for that because it has "Axis Powers" in its title. It's just, I don't know. .__.

I also wanna think of it as a way of promoting or encouraging people to learn about other cultures.
User Image
I looooove Hetalia. It made me buy the two volumes of the Coin Figures.

It sort of sucks though that a lot of people don't like that series very much because of its "stereotype" characters as well as how they don't take the world wars seriously.

Frankly, I don't care. They could stereotype my country for all I care (sadly, my country doesn't have a character) and I'll probably laugh about it. My country suffered a lot too but moved on, darn it (though we're not really progressing that much).

Just my two cents. xD Oh and, Prussia ftw! heart

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Alright then. What are are we talking about now? heart

Dedicated Heckler

Lady_Mad_Hatter
Ztarly Knightz

Forgive me my typos please. I'm was typing a bunch of posts very quickly on a laptop with broken keys. Moreover it was not my computer so I didn't have my spell-correct software to fall back on. sweatdrop

Oh, I wasn't saying you made typos. I had made several in my post and had to fix them. xd

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Lizanne Feraille
I looooove Hetalia. It made me buy the two volumes of the Coin Figures.

It sort of sucks though that a lot of people don't like that series very much because of its "stereotype" characters as well as how they don't take the world wars seriously.

Frankly, I don't care. They could stereotype my country for all I care (sadly, my country doesn't have a character) and I'll probably laugh about it. My country suffered a lot too but moved on, darn it (though we're not really progressing that much).

Just my two cents. xD Oh and, Prussia ftw! heart

The stereo types is what makes it so funny. I'm a dual-citizen of Canada and The U.S but I still find both of the characters hilarious. XP

Oh, what country are you from?

I had completely forgotten about Prussia. emotion_facepalm
Lady_Mad_Hatter
Alright then. What are are we talking about now? heart

I do not know! : D
Stuff.
And I'm still trying to write that fanfic.
Soviet food fights are so cute. (god that sounds awful...)

Dapper Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ztarly Knightz

Oh, I wasn't saying you made typos. I had made several in my post and had to fix them. xd

Ah! Alright then. I was worrying "Is my spelling that terrible?! gonk " All is well then. Btw, did you finish our song? Gaia no longer tells me when you quote my posts.
Lady_Mad_Hatter

I totally agree! Other people just don't see it. I came across a thread once that asked what do the Italians think about Hetalia and some of them admitted some of the stereotypes being true and even loved the series as well.

I'm from The Philippines. XD

Really, there's just too many of them. I swing to Spain, England, Germany, Netherlands from time to time but Prussia is my favorite. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff