Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
We're all a little crazy in a good way to love the Hetalia series. heart There is noting to be ashamed of Rai. :3

Anyway. I think I might have asked this before- but I'll ask it again.

"Is Funimation releasing any more episodes of the Hetalia anime?"

And also, where can I read the Hetalia comics in order? I found a website that has (most) of the comics (and some are incomplete), but I want to read the whole story in order from beginning to end!
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga
Booberry Muffins
If Kansas had an OC. It would suck as much as the state does. Be like: BOY LOOKAT THAT THAR TORNADA BOY DATS A MIGHTY FINE TORNADA! GONNA STAND ON MY POURCH AND LOOK AT IT.

True story.

I think I brought this up last time, my headcanon that the other states like to make "We're not in Kansas anymore" jokes, and Kansas is just like "Oh hahahhaha it's so ******** funy just like the last 645758538 times! scream "

^ IF there was real state OC's that s**t would be canon. I swear to GOD it happens all the time!

"Where you from?"
'Kansas.'
[INSERT WIZARD OF OZ JOKE HERE]
'. . . I hate you. All of you. So much. [Insert speech of how Dorthy was from NEBRASKA in the book.]'
"Woah, REALLY? [Insert another joke here.]"
'/rage. I PUNTED TODO THROGH A FIELD GOAL AND IF YOU DON'T SHUT THE EFF UP I'LL BE RAMMING MY FOOT UP YOUR YELLOW BRICK ROAD!'
". . ."

^ Me. Whenever people tend to go lololololKansas=Oz

Actually Dorothy was from Kansas in the book. I just read it.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Sullen BabyDoll05
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga
Booberry Muffins
If Kansas had an OC. It would suck as much as the state does. Be like: BOY LOOKAT THAT THAR TORNADA BOY DATS A MIGHTY FINE TORNADA! GONNA STAND ON MY POURCH AND LOOK AT IT.

True story.

I think I brought this up last time, my headcanon that the other states like to make "We're not in Kansas anymore" jokes, and Kansas is just like "Oh hahahhaha it's so ******** funy just like the last 645758538 times! scream "

^ IF there was real state OC's that s**t would be canon. I swear to GOD it happens all the time!

"Where you from?"
'Kansas.'
[INSERT WIZARD OF OZ JOKE HERE]
'. . . I hate you. All of you. So much. [Insert speech of how Dorthy was from NEBRASKA in the book.]'
"Woah, REALLY? [Insert another joke here.]"
'/rage. I PUNTED TODO THROGH A FIELD GOAL AND IF YOU DON'T SHUT THE EFF UP I'LL BE RAMMING MY FOOT UP YOUR YELLOW BRICK ROAD!'
". . ."

^ Me. Whenever people tend to go lololololKansas=Oz

Actually Dorothy was from Kansas in the book. I just read it.

The original prints of the book she was from Lincoln, Nebraska.

Either way the jokes get old. Quick.

OG Spotter

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200

Invisible Buddy

Hinacha
Ello~

Hi~ :3

Invisible Buddy

Misuki Marishima
We're all a little crazy in a good way to love the Hetalia series. heart There is noting to be ashamed of Rai. :3

And also, where can I read the Hetalia comics in order? I found a website that has (most) of the comics (and some are incomplete), but I want to read the whole story in order from beginning to end!

Funimation doesn't create them; they just dub them. They should be releasing the second part of the world series sometime later this year.
As for the ENTIRE animation series of Hetalia: for right now it's complete. That doesn't mean they won't make more :/ As long as something's profitable they tend to keep producing it; but right now it's complete.
As for the in order thing, it really doesn't matter what order you read the series in x: It's all over the place anyway, and as far as I've gathered there really isn't any serious plotline that requires the reader to read the series in chronological order.. Most sites will have the volumes in order, but the majority of the series is "nonlinear."

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Well it finally happened, amazon.ca FINALLY got me my Hetalia World Series Pt.1 DVD. Dear lord it took that company long enough; I ordered it on January 26th, they pushed back the shipping date TWICE because it turns out it wasn't in stock (when they stated it was on the website) and after claiming they would give me priority shipping... sent it to me via regular mail. Needless to say I am a little more than upset with them right now. However, I am also kind of disappointed with what I've received as well... confused I normally watch the dub of this series because 9 times out of 10 I LIKE Funimation's work... not so much this time. Why do I get the sinking feeling that Funimation is starting to just cater to the fangirls now? Not with all of the episodes of course, but there have been a couple of glaring episodes where I have thought to myself: "WOW, that was slipped right in there for a fangirl." I still like this series don't get my wrong, but if I am being honest, I laughed way less than I did with the first two dvds. sad

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
iMuSic_Nvr_sLeEpS
Booberry Muffins
The reason most people don't throw Canada in with the "Allies" (Though yes, most of us know he was a MAJOR ally in WWII) was because of the fact at the time Canada was still a part of the UK and had not FULLY received independence yet.

Yes, for the MOST part Canada was it's own governing nation. But, did not get it's own independence fully then the invite to the Commonwealth of Nations till a few years later. So, basically they just saw it as well one big ol UK groupage. Many of the UK's colony's/formers were that way in WWII the reason we see China is yes. They were always being smacked around by Japan. But, so was France.

France was actually 'Free France' at that time because early on in WWII like many of the nations around them France was quick to fall to Germany 8'D and Mia shall stfu about history lessons for one day >w<~

...Poor Canada emotion_0A0 LOL France xDDD Why am I not surprised? emotion_awesome
LOL, I was wondering how Himaruya would approach the topic of Vichy France...I guess it's just France being stuck under Germany while secretly working with the Allies...

As for Canada you're half right, half wrong. Canada was definately it's own governing nation (as a dominion) but recieved a lot of power for its military and trading affairs under the Statue of Westminster (1930). Canada was slow to use any of it's newly gained powers but it WAS the only one of all of Britain's colonies to say "I'll think about" when Britain came knocking for support in WW2. Britain and all of her (er...his) dominions declared war on Germany on September 3rd, 1939. Canada did not official declare war until September 11th, 1939 after a week long discussion in Parliament (it was the first time Canada declared war independently).

Canada was actually very reluctant to join the war because it was badly damaged by the depression in the 1930s (it's army, which was the envy of the world in WW1, was almost obsolete) and the French Canadiens were protesting Canada's involvement in Europe.

During the war Canada had the fourth largest air force and third largest naval fleet. By the end of the war it was considered the fourth most powerful nation in the world.

Despite still being a dominion Canada was no longer a "nobody" nation. The First World War really helped Canada's global reputation. When they took Vimy Ridge in 1917 people all around the world (from Moscow to Tokyo to New York City) were reading about it. In the 1920s Canada became one of the leading nations in automobile manufacturing. Canada actually supplied a large number of vehicles to the allies (particularily the British Empire) during the war. Canada also built a lot of planes like the Mosquito and Lancaster. Britain did have some control over Canada defense plan, but only for the first nine months. Even then, Britain still consulted Canada at every step. During those early months Britain established the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan and located it in Canada. Little surprise that a large number of Commonwealth pilots in the Second World War are Canadians. = D

Part of the reason why Canada may not be significantly involved with the allies in Hetalia is because he barely saw any action until 1943. There were smaller campaigns in North America (pacific and atlantic protection and being stationed in England to defend against raids).

Don't let the whole dominion thing fool you, Canada was determined to be in control of itself. Several times in the war Canada defied Britain's wishes. Canada started sending troops over in 1939 to Europe despite Britain telling them not. Canada also jump started the Normandy invasions. Britain wanted to call it off last minute because the water was bad, but Canada defied them by launching their boats (they felt the allies had come too far to bolt and that they'd be betraying their boys behind the line that had been dropped into enemy territory the night before).

Canada was also building a strong connection to the U.S. As far as the Americans were concerned an attack on Canada was an attack on the United States of America. Even American isolationists who opposed being involved in the war in Europe strongly supported taking up arms to defend their neighbours to the north if necessary. Much to Canada's irritation, Britain decided that if it lost the war to Germany in Europe America would be given control of Canada's army. As expected Canada protested this ( XD And won).

XD Sorry, if I continue I'll be blabbing on forever...but I should point out that Canada and Newfoundland were not one in the same at this point. NFLD doesn't join Canada until 1949.

Lastly, Canada was never a part of the UK. XD You're confusing "the UK" with "The British Empire". The UK is the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland).

*It should also be noted that Japan and China were already at war BEFORE WWII officially broke out. Their war started in 1937.

Booberry Muffins
;3; the anti-USUK has arrived.

/goesdownwithhership!

VIVA LA USUK!

Just kidding! Though, I do love me USUK and NAbros.
HAHAHA. XD! It's okay, as long as your not trolling on USCan threads/videos or FrUk ones blabbing about how USUK makes more sense and that it's better than all the other pairings and so on. I see that too often on youtube and it annoys me. If someone wants to be a USUK fan, that's fine, but don't deliberately hunt down FrUk or USCan topics and force your pairing onto everyone. They're doing more harm than good to their shipping when they do that.

iMuSic_Nvr_sLeEpS
DevineEssence
My love for Hetalia spiked up when I discovered Hetaoni.
The wait is killing me ;_;

The wait for what? I've already played it...I cried crying
O.O WHERE!?!? I've only seen up to part 17.

Misuki Marishima
Oooh, links, links! I shall definitely bookmark these when I get home from school! (I was home yesterday but as promised this time of year, homework ate me alive and kept me from looking up fun history. I am sad. :< )

The fanfic I was planning is something along the lines of America telling a story about how he was the hero and saved China (think of childrens' story-telling where you sit in the circle, and in this case it's the allied powers in the circle), while China (at the end of America's narration) is like "He's got it all wrong, aru! I was never a damsel in distress, aru!"

Hee.

@ everyone else:

Ship war all you want. I'll be Switzerland and permanently neutral in that respect. I don't really ship much Hetalia after all.

France and England are quite entertaining in the show/comic though with their constant bickering. I wonder if it happens IRL in modern times too.

I have the desire to look up info on current European relations... And maybe draw crack-filled Hetalia comics of said relations.

My GOD, this thread is educating me!

See, that's how much the American school systems leave out. I get education through links on Gaia. [/shot]

XD But China was TOTALLY a damsel in distress. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever get to see things like the Rape of Nanking...god forbid the Japanese admit they did something seriously inhuman... FINALLY after, what, sixty years they apologized to Canadians they beheaded in POW camps. Japan is TERRIBLE for admitting faults.

As for the British/French relationship...they just poke at each other now a days. The French laughed and "insulted" the British after they won the Summer Olympics coming up because of their terrible food.

Some topics you might be interested in are: War Plan Red (America's 1920s invasion plan if brought into conflict with Britain - it involves, what else, but an invasion of Canada - Isn't that the way it always happens? Seriously, why is your country obsessed with invading mine?), French-English niceties (I was watching a CBC document on Canadian history and mentioned that a French expedition got lost and ended up running to English settlers from the states who helped them), Beard Tax (Peter the Great of Russia taxed citizens for growing beards), Changing of the Guards Surnames (Britain's Royal Family change last name in WW1 to distance themselves from their Germany ancestry), Bank of....? (Originally the Bank of America was called the Bank of Italy), Wall Street Pigs (the history behind "Wall Street" wink ...

XD Sorry this post is so long!!

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Calm down. Calm down it's OK razz I tend to lump the UK as the British Empire because half th time I'm far too lazy to separate the two smile

And, I was mainly joking about the shipping wars. I ship the NA Bros pretty hard (if people follow my tumblr they'd know this xD) But USUK or UKUS is my main OTP.

HISTORY LESSONS FOR ALL!

Invisible Buddy

Hoshi no Miko
Well it finally happened, amazon.ca FINALLY got me my Hetalia World Series Pt.1 DVD. Dear lord it took that company long enough; I ordered it on January 26th, they pushed back the shipping date TWICE because it turns out it wasn't in stock (when they stated it was on the website) and after claiming they would give me priority shipping... sent it to me via regular mail. Needless to say I am a little more than upset with them right now. However, I am also kind of disappointed with what I've received as well... confused I normally watch the dub of this series because 9 times out of 10 I LIKE Funimation's work... not so much this time. Why do I get the sinking feeling that Funimation is starting to just cater to the fangirls now? Not with all of the episodes of course, but there have been a couple of glaring episodes where I have thought to myself: "WOW, that was slipped right in there for a fangirl." I still like this series don't get my wrong, but if I am being honest, I laughed way less than I did with the first two dvds. sad

Yeah I was the same way with the whole laughing thing x:
It did have some really good lines though :3 Like I liked where Japan told Greece he needed to seek professional help X)
It's weird, but I really liked the commentaries on the first two seasons and I was really irritated that Jamie Marchi was in EVERY one this time -_- I don't really like her.. She seems like a bitchy whore to me >.>

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Booberry Muffins
Calm down. Calm down it's OK razz I tend to lump the UK as the British Empire because half th time I'm far too lazy to separate the two smile

And, I was mainly joking about the shipping wars. I ship the NA Bros pretty hard (if people follow my tumblr they'd know this xD) But USUK or UKUS is my main OTP.

HISTORY LESSONS FOR ALL!
XD LOL, did you think I was upset with you? I'm definately not. Sorry if it sounded like I was.

I find there are a fair number of people who are pretty flexible with the whole F.A.C.E. thing. XD

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prodigious_girl

Misuki Marishima
Oooh, links, links! I shall definitely bookmark these when I get home from school! (I was home yesterday but as promised this time of year, homework ate me alive and kept me from looking up fun history. I am sad. :< )

The fanfic I was planning is something along the lines of America telling a story about how he was the hero and saved China (think of childrens' story-telling where you sit in the circle, and in this case it's the allied powers in the circle), while China (at the end of America's narration) is like "He's got it all wrong, aru! I was never a damsel in distress, aru!"

Hee.

@ everyone else:

Ship war all you want. I'll be Switzerland and permanently neutral in that respect. I don't really ship much Hetalia after all.

France and England are quite entertaining in the show/comic though with their constant bickering. I wonder if it happens IRL in modern times too.

I have the desire to look up info on current European relations... And maybe draw crack-filled Hetalia comics of said relations.

My GOD, this thread is educating me!

See, that's how much the American school systems leave out. I get education through links on Gaia. [/shot]

XD But China was TOTALLY a damsel in distress. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever get to see things like the Rape of Nanking...god forbid the Japanese admit they did something seriously inhuman... FINALLY after, what, sixty years they apologized to Canadians they beheaded in POW camps. Japan is TERRIBLE for admitting faults.

As for the British/French relationship...they just poke at each other now a days. The French laughed and "insulted" the British after they won the Summer Olympics coming up because of their terrible food.

Some topics you might be interested in are: War Plan Red (America's 1920s invasion plan if brought into conflict with Britain - it involves, what else, but an invasion of Canada - Isn't that the way it always happens? Seriously, why is your country obsessed with invading mine?), French-English niceties (I was watching a CBC document on Canadian history and mentioned that a French expedition got lost and ended up running to English settlers from the states who helped them), Beard Tax (Peter the Great of Russia taxed citizens for growing beards), Changing of the Guards Surnames (Britain's Royal Family change last name in WW1 to distance themselves from their Germany ancestry), Bank of....? (Originally the Bank of America was called the Bank of Italy), Wall Street Pigs (the history behind "Wall Street" wink ...

XD Sorry this post is so long!!

I know what you mean about Nanking- Oh man. When I read about the Japanese occupation of China in general, it was very upsetting. It was surprising to think that actually happened. Just terrible.

rofl So England is a "terrible cook" for real.

O: -goes wide-eyed- Even more unexplored, out of the books history! Spring break is the perfect time to dive into this too. heart

The "beard tax" sounds particularly amusing. I notice how Ivan (Russia) doesn't have a beard, but that could just be the Hetalia art style too.

I don't know why my country wants to invade yours! America was (and still is) very imperialistic...

Cloaked Scarlet
Misuki Marishima

Funimation doesn't create them; they just dub them. They should be releasing the second part of the world series sometime later this year.
As for the ENTIRE animation series of Hetalia: for right now it's complete. That doesn't mean they won't make more :/ As long as something's profitable they tend to keep producing it; but right now it's complete.
As for the in order thing, it really doesn't matter what order you read the series in x: It's all over the place anyway, and as far as I've gathered there really isn't any serious plotline that requires the reader to read the series in chronological order.. Most sites will have the volumes in order, but the majority of the series is "nonlinear."

I guess the correct question is "when are they localizing more?"

Aw, it's complete for now? I would have loved to see more.

As for the comic: I guess I am just too accustomed to traditional manga/comics where there is a story that flows in order. It's just all the strips seem kinda disjointed and by themselves. I'll have to learn to adapt to the format. It's just that I've read the comics so quickly and there are only a few links I haven't clicked. I realized that the animated series covered a lot of ground. There were only a few web-comics that I noticed as different from the animated series.

The saddest one was "Why Russia's History is Scary." Poor Ivan...he actually cried.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Misuki Marishima

I don't know why my country wants to invade yours! America was (and still is) very imperialistic...
>.>;; You guys just love us a little too much...

LOL, a realistic answer of course would be: oil, fresh water, lumber, buying market (aka: control over Canadian consumers), fish, natural resources (like nickel), diamonds, control over the artic passage, etc.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima

>.>;; You guys just love us a little too much...

LOL, a realistic answer of course would be: oil, fresh water, lumber, buying market (aka: control over Canadian consumers), fish, natural resources (like nickel), diamonds, control over the artic passage, etc.

It's a sweet bromance, baby! heart

Ah. -nod nod- Control over resources is a huge issue in all countries of the world. It's very complex too. Everyone wants it all.

I hope that eventually we all stop bickering and find a way to be civil to one another and make sure there's enough to go around for everybody. Ha, it's a dream, I know.

I guess I love Hetalia making light of our conflicts because they can be so darned serious and grim. It leaves people hopeless sometimes. That and I love its cracky goodness. ;D

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

._. I just realized my England and my Canada both tower over me (the cosplayers)

I'M NOT THAT SHORT MYSELF >:U

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces