31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl
Ztarly Knightz
sup hetabros
Let's say what our favorite characters are for funzies.
Hungary and Denmark here. o/

<.< >.>;; Well I guess this is the best way to jump into the thread...

My favourites are Canada and America. ;-; Though I wish Canada were more...Canadian.

I have a picture that might be of interest.

I have way too many favorites on dA. Especially good Hetalia art. biggrin
XD That's awesome thanks...though Canada probably wouldn't approve of carrying a gun around. That's too "American" for his taste, lol. A hockey stick maybe?

I totally agree with their comments though. China wasn't a strong ally in the Second World War...he was always in distress (caused by Japan, of course). Meanwhile Canada is storming Juno Beach, protecting the Atlantic Ocean and liberating the Netherlands. Not to mention owning the skies (Canada has A LOT of Ace Pilots in both wars). The most famous ones are Billy Bishop (WWI) and George Beurling (WW2).

XD It always makes me laugh to think that Canada is the only major commonwealth nation that actually stopped to discuss whether or not we wanted to jump in - Australia, New Zealand and British India jumped on the bandwagon right after Britain did. On the same day, actually (Sept 3rd); Canda waited until Sept 10th. Just thought we'd teach Britain we're nobodies b*tch. LOL (Okay, not necessarily, but it was Parliaments ambition to show Canada was capable of making decisions for itself).

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl

My favourites are Canada and America. ;-; Though I wish Canada were more...Canadian.

XD That's awesome thanks...though Canada probably wouldn't approve of carrying a gun around. That's too "American" for his taste, lol. A hockey stick maybe?

I totally agree with their comments though. China wasn't a strong ally in the Second World War...he was always in distress (caused by Japan, of course). Meanwhile Canada is storming Juno Beach, protecting the Atlantic Ocean and liberating the Netherlands. Not to mention owning the skies (Canada has A LOT of Ace Pilots in both wars). The most famous ones are Billy Bishop (WWI) and George Beurling (WW2).

XD It always makes me laugh to think that Canada is the only major commonwealth nation that actually stopped to discuss whether or not we wanted to jump in - Australia, New Zealand and British India jumped on the bandwagon right after Britain did. On the same day, actually (Sept 3rd); Canda waited until Sept 10th. Just thought we'd teach Britain we're nobodies b*tch. LOL (Okay, not necessarily, but it was Parliaments ambition to show Canada was capable of making decisions for itself).

Derp. Sorry, I didn't know that Canadians hated firearms. I'm American and I'm still not very fond of them, but for some reason fictional characters look cool with them. =P

Interesting historical facts about Canada! I would love to read some articles about that if you have the time to link them. If not I'll do some research on my own when I finally get all this God forsaken schoolwork out of the way. Oy.

rofl "China was always in distress." Does that make him a damsel up in the castle and Japan is the dragon? XDD -smack'd-

... now I wanna write a fanfic. >:3

But I'm afraid of how bad the quality might suck because...

1. I'm experiencing a major creative slump/writer's block.
2. The last time I showed one of my fanfics to a social circle outside my guild, I was basically bashed for it. They found nothing good about it!
3. It's Hetalia fic. I'm not sure if I can write it without offending people.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

The reason most people don't throw Canada in with the "Allies" (Though yes, most of us know he was a MAJOR ally in WWII) was because of the fact at the time Canada was still a part of the UK and had not FULLY received independence yet.

Yes, for the MOST part Canada was it's own governing nation. But, did not get it's own independence fully then the invite to the Commonwealth of Nations till a few years later. So, basically they just saw it as well one big ol UK groupage. Many of the UK's colony's/formers were that way in WWII the reason we see China is yes. They were always being smacked around by Japan. But, so was France.

France was actually 'Free France' at that time because early on in WWII like many of the nations around them France was quick to fall to Germany 8'D and Mia shall stfu about history lessons for one day >w<~
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl

Derp. Sorry, I didn't know that Canadians hated firearms. I'm American and I'm still not very fond of them, but for some reason fictional characters look cool with them. =P

Interesting historical facts about Canada! I would love to read some articles about that if you have the time to link them. If not I'll do some research on my own when I finally get all this God forsaken schoolwork out of the way. Oy.

rofl "China was always in distress." Does that make him a damsel up in the castle and Japan is the dragon? XDD -smack'd-

2. The last time I showed one of my fanfics to a social circle outside my guild, I was basically bashed for it. They found nothing good about it!

Oh don't let the Hetalia thing keep you from writing. There's no way to make a Hetalia fic without offending someone.
And it sounds like a fun crack-fic, which can be good during slumps to get the juices flowing.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl

XD Just as long as it's not a USUK or PruCan fic please.

In regards to websites about Canada:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/collections/hrp (gives first hand accounts of veterans person experiences from the South African War (1900) all the way to the Korean War (1950s). Some have videos of the soldiers telling their stories. It's cool!!)

http://www.canadiana.ca/en/home (A great site with lots of primary documents of Canadian history). This one is my fav!! <3

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

;3; the anti-USUK has arrived.

/goesdownwithhership!

VIVA LA USUK!

Just kidding! Though, I do love me USUK and NAbros.

Timid Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
My love for Hetalia spiked up when I discovered Hetaoni.
The wait is killing me ;_;

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Booberry Muffins
;3; the anti-USUK has arrived.

/goesdownwithhership!

VIVA LA USUK!

Just kidding! Though, I do love me USUK and NAbros.

I'm more into FrUK, but I do likey me some USUK.
I see England as the more dominant one in USUK though. And sometimes in FrUK. But who knows. So yeah.
I ALSO LIKE CANUK FSDFJLKFJASLDKF don't kill me.
And CanUS. ;;;
I JUST LIKE ANY F.A.C.E. PAIRINGS REALLY.
oh my god... xD

Blessed Sex Symbol

Booberry Muffins
The reason most people don't throw Canada in with the "Allies" (Though yes, most of us know he was a MAJOR ally in WWII) was because of the fact at the time Canada was still a part of the UK and had not FULLY received independence yet.

Yes, for the MOST part Canada was it's own governing nation. But, did not get it's own independence fully then the invite to the Commonwealth of Nations till a few years later. So, basically they just saw it as well one big ol UK groupage. Many of the UK's colony's/formers were that way in WWII the reason we see China is yes. They were always being smacked around by Japan. But, so was France.

France was actually 'Free France' at that time because early on in WWII like many of the nations around them France was quick to fall to Germany 8'D and Mia shall stfu about history lessons for one day >w<~

...Poor Canada emotion_0A0 LOL France xDDD Why am I not surprised? emotion_awesome

Blessed Sex Symbol

DevineEssence
My love for Hetalia spiked up when I discovered Hetaoni.
The wait is killing me ;_;

The wait for what? I've already played it...I cried crying

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

xx Cup of Tea xx

I love dominant UK. It never ceases to amaze me though how especially (this is a personal bitching don't mind me) that people tend to think one maintops over the other.

ESPECIALLY in USUK I tend to think those two are 50/50 in the matter.

I just can't see FrUK because of how much they hate eachother if it was sexual I see it as a hate rage filled romp.

-clings to Rai- RAAAAAAAI o.o I think I started a shipping war of sorts up in your thread again.
Booberry Muffins
xx Cup of Tea xx

I love dominant UK. It never ceases to amaze me though how especially (this is a personal bitching don't mind me) that people tend to think one maintops over the other.

ESPECIALLY in USUK I tend to think those two are 50/50 in the matter.

I just can't see FrUK because of how much they hate eachother if it was sexual I see it as a hate rage filled romp.

-clings to Rai- RAAAAAAAI o.o I think I started a shipping war of sorts up in your thread again.

Just keep it civil.
As for FrUK, they don't hate each other nearly as much as they used to. If anything I think they bicker like an old couple. lol There was actually someone on Tumblr a while back (can't remember if they were English or French) complaining about people thinking they hate each other still and pointing out how long they've gotten along and been allies.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Wait, there is such a thing as a CIVIL shipping war in the Hetalia fandom! YOU JEST GOOD SIR!

Just kidding =] I don't care what people ship as long as they don't force their ships on me.

Cept Rai you are allowed to force all the RusLat ships on me.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
Prodigious_girl

XD Just as long as it's not a USUK or PruCan fic please.

In regards to websites about Canada:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/collections/hrp (gives first hand accounts of veterans person experiences from the South African War (1900) all the way to the Korean War (1950s). Some have videos of the soldiers telling their stories. It's cool!!)

http://www.canadiana.ca/en/home (A great site with lots of primary documents of Canadian history). This one is my fav!! <3

Oooh, links, links! I shall definitely bookmark these when I get home from school! (I was home yesterday but as promised this time of year, homework ate me alive and kept me from looking up fun history. I am sad. :< )

The fanfic I was planning is something along the lines of America telling a story about how he was the hero and saved China (think of childrens' story-telling where you sit in the circle, and in this case it's the allied powers in the circle), while China (at the end of America's narration) is like "He's got it all wrong, aru! I was never a damsel in distress, aru!"

Hee.

@ everyone else:

Ship war all you want. I'll be Switzerland and permanently neutral in that respect. I don't really ship much Hetalia after all.

France and England are quite entertaining in the show/comic though with their constant bickering. I wonder if it happens IRL in modern times too.

I have the desire to look up info on current European relations... And maybe draw crack-filled Hetalia comics of said relations.

My GOD, this thread is educating me!

See, that's how much the American school systems leave out. I get education through links on Gaia. [/shot]

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Raivis of Riga
Just keep it civil.
As for FrUK, they don't hate each other nearly as much as they used to. If anything I think they bicker like an old couple. lol There was actually someone on Tumblr a while back (can't remember if they were English or French) complaining about people thinking they hate each other still and pointing out how long they've gotten along and been allies.

Yeah, makes sense.
And plus, everybody says that these people hate those people and those people hate that group of people, but there's always exceptions. Like how everybody apparently 'hates' Americans, but no, not really. Otherwise foreigners wouldn't come here, amirite?
I'm tired so I don't even know if what I said makes sense. X'D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces