Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ztarly Knightz
Raivis of Riga
Ok, fine.
I didn't really want it to be here, though... the chatterbox would've been better...

Haha sorry. orz
Busy with the event. :V Only thing on my mind right now.

That's ok. Have fun.
As for me, well... I'm not happy. I tend to avoid the A/M/C...
aviatea
I'm a fan~ c:

If we're still listing favorites, I'd have to say Matthew, Alfred and Arthur.

... But that doesn't really contribute to the discussion, haha. orz

Eh, it's something at least. ^^
Hm... idea
How about why you like them?
For example... well, I'm just really infatuated with Ivan... on an unhealthy level...
But I like Latvia because I can identify with him. The whole reason I cosplay him is because there's very little acting involved. I'm very nervous and yes, even shaky when I have to interact with strangers, which is a good portion of any convention. I'm also very small.
So I can see myself in him.
I also had never even heard of the country until Hetalia. The more I watch Hetalia, the more things I want to learn about, and the more I realize my school didn't teach me s**t. ._.
aviatea
Raivis of Riga
aviatea
I'm a fan~ c:

If we're still listing favorites, I'd have to say Matthew, Alfred and Arthur.

... But that doesn't really contribute to the discussion, haha. orz

Eh, it's something at least. ^^
Hm... idea
How about why you like them?
For example... well, I'm just really infatuated with Ivan... on an unhealthy level...
But I like Latvia because I can identify with him. The whole reason I cosplay him is because there's very little acting involved. I'm very nervous and yes, even shaky when I have to interact with strangers, which is a good portion of any convention. I'm also very small.
So I can see myself in him.
I also had never even heard of the country until Hetalia. The more I watch Hetalia, the more things I want to learn about, and the more I realize my school didn't teach me s**t. ._.

We have something in common then! I'm very small and shy, though instead of cosplaying someone like Matthew, I'm going as Arthur to AWA at the end of September. I'm hoping I'll break out of my shell in my attempt to fill the part, haha.

And that's one reason I love Hetalia. I mean, it's a very silly series and shouldn't be taken as seriously as most people who dislike it seem to be doing, but it's certainly capable of generating an interest in places and events we know very little about.

Anyway! Why I like those characters...Sorry, I've always had trouble gathering my scattered thoughts about them and forming them into readable sentences LOL. Out of the three, I only identify with Matthew and I love him to pieces! But Arthur is too pitiful not to love and Alfred is too hilarious and fun.

eek *runs across the thread and tackles you* AWA!!!! blaugh I'm going to AWA! Assuming my friend has my costume done, I'll be cosplaying Latvia! ^^

And I know what you mean. It's really a beautiful thing, Hetalia, if you just take the time to see it. All of the friends I have now I made through Hetalia. And they're wonderful people. And it makes me feel closer to... everyone, really. Places I never knew existed, people I never cared about because they were so far away. It gave me new respect for places I already knew about as well.

Oh, and don't worry about it. I tend to just vomit words at people and hope a coherent sentence forms...

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
In short
stupid fan girls became stupid
literate fans got pushed into the ground and we began to hate our own fanbase
yes the fanbase is bad and horrible.
Hetalia isn't a shipping war.
Hetalia is a cute fun series that is labeled as historical fiction.

Also, it's been almost 2 years and the Nordic 5 are still my bitches.
Leader of the Penguins
In short

Well alrighty then. ^^
And not all the fans are horrible. You just gotta find us.

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
Raivis of Riga
Leader of the Penguins
In short

Well alrighty then. ^^

yes, I'm aware but according to statistics we make up 2% of the fanbase.
Leader of the Penguins
Raivis of Riga
Leader of the Penguins
In short

Well alrighty then. ^^

yes, I'm aware but according to statistics we make up 2% of the fanbase.
Ew...
Well, I'm sure that can't be right. ._.
Fave characters:
- America
- Prussia
- Romano
- England
- Switzerland
- Spain

Fave Pairings
- America/England (OTP)
- Prussia/Italy
- Romano/Italy (Itacest)
- Greece/Japan
- America/Canada
- Germany/Italy
- Denmark/Norway
- Austria/Switzerland
- China/Japan
- HRE/Chibitalia
- Korea/China
- France/Jeanne d'Ark
- F.A.C.E (France/America/Canada/England)
- America/England/France

APH Headcanons:
- France is a USxUK shipper
- Prussia wants to be loved by someone, but is afraid of rejection, which is why he resorts to trolling people/tormenting people for the lulz. He finally found the one person who accepts him and doesn't reject him: Italy Veneziano. That's why he loves him (and cause Italy is adorable).
My favourite characters are:

Poland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan!

They are the best to me, Poland is funny, Hong Kong is amusing, and Taiwan is interesting! XD

Oh! Question, can I advertise a roleplay site here? :O
ExplodingFireworksOfDoom
My favourite characters are:

Poland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan!

They are the best to me, Poland is funny, Hong Kong is amusing, and Taiwan is interesting! XD

Oh! Question, can I advertise a roleplay site here? :O

Um... I guess? Just no actual roleplaying here.
Has anyone ever been wrongly identified as one of the less than respectable fans?
On one forum someone accused me of being "part of the problem with the fandom" because I don't write fanfiction of historical events. How dare I? o_O It's not like I write smut. I mostly just write short little things that are just moments in the characters' lives. I focus more on the human aspects of the characters, their thoughts and emotions, than on their identity as countries. And these people didn't approve and insisted that anything Hetalia-related should have to do with history. But, knowing me, I'd get the history wrong anyway. And I like the characters, as people.

Dapper Pup

User Image

It's always a nice little change of pace, seeing a thread like this. You know, with an actual discussion that goes beyond "WHOS UR FAVORITE COUNTRY" and all that noise.

Speaking of which, my favorite "country" is Sealand.

Anyway, I seriously love this fandom for all the good it can inspire people to do (and yes, that sounds really corny), but the good stuff gets buried under all these terrible things. Which sucks because Hetalia probably wouldn't get half the hate it gets if it weren't for the fans.

You feeling me on this....comrade?
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas