Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/95555231906/guess-what-hellsing-ultimate-is-coming-to

Officially, they say that they are going to edit it just enough for it to get the TV-MA rating. It's going to replace Black Lagoon and Pre-shippuden Naruto is being removed at 3 AM September 13th. So, here's a question. How much do you think is going to be snipped if they claimed that is how it's going to be handled?
Just_Oneofakind
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/95555231906/guess-what-hellsing-ultimate-is-coming-to

Officially, they say that they are going to edit it just enough for it to get the TV-MA rating. It's going to replace Black Lagoon and Pre-shippuden Naruto is being removed at 3 AM September 13th. So, here's a question. How much do you think is going to be snipped if they claimed that is how it's going to be handled?

I'd watch it, it might even read like Sin City in general.
I always wanted to watch the series in its entirety.

Versatile Seeker

7,565 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
this'll be something

Scompiglio's Wife

I don't need to watch it. I've read and own all ten manga.
Nytemair is a new VNfag
There are people who still watch Toonami these days? I thought the craze died out a month after it was revived.

You'd be surprised. It's still pretty relevant in terms of ratings, just like saturday moring cartoons. Some people just don't have the time to look up every anime they want to, and the convenience of Toonami's "anime on American TV" approach is a decent way for those people to get their fix.

Plus, there are also the people who are new to anime. Seeing it on TV gives them a chance to get into anime as a whole.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Nytemair is a new VNfag
There are people who still watch Toonami these days? I thought the craze died out a month after it was revived.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly nostalgia babbies with their goggles on a little tight, trying to live out the glory days of their growing up because their current life disappoints them
So As I Pray
Nytemair is a new VNfag

I'm pretty sure it's mostly nostalgia babbies with their goggles on a little tight, trying to live out the glory days of their growing up because their current life disappoints them

You DO know that they don't even air any of the old shows on Toonami that they used to, right? (Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece notwithstanding.)
Dragon Ball Z/GT, YuYu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Inuyasha, Fooly Cooly. None of those shows are on the air anymore. They've all been replaced with more recent shows. (Hell, they're even airing Attack On Titan now.)
So, with that in mind, tell me just how is anyone supposed to "live out the glory days of their growing up" on Toonami if Toonami isn't even airing the shows from their childhood anymore?

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

StrangeMinion
So As I Pray
Nytemair is a new VNfag

You DO know that they don't even air any of the old shows on Toonami that they used to, right? (Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece notwithstanding.)
Dragon Ball Z/GT, YuYu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Inuyasha, Fooly Cooly. None of those shows are on the air anymore. They've all been replaced with more recent shows. (Hell, they're even airing Attack On Titan now.)
So, with that in mind, tell me just how is anyone supposed to "live out the glory days of their growing up" on Toonami if Toonami isn't even airing the shows from their childhood anymore?

It's all in the name, that's all people cared about. Literally the only thing they cared about was muh fuggin toonami.

All it is was williams street realizing that anime fans are huge, easy to manipulate manchildren that all you have to do is slap the title of toonami on their usual run of anime and bam, instant views.

Scompiglio's Wife

StrangeMinion
So As I Pray
Nytemair is a new VNfag

They'd have to have purchased the rights to the shows they used to air. They probably can't even approach the amount to air Yu Yu Hakusho anymore. And if I remember correctly, Inuyasha was Adult Swim.
Princess of the Crows
StrangeMinion
So As I Pray
Nytemair is a new VNfag

They'd have to have purchased the rights to the shows they used to air. They probably can't even approach the amount to air Yu Yu Hakusho anymore. And if I remember correctly, Inuyasha was Adult Swim.

Do I even dare imagine how much it's gonna cost to bring back the Mobile Suit Gundam shows back to The West in public, for that matter?

Partying Reveler

I keep forgetting about Toonami . I figured it died . Well i guess congrats. I hope they don't edit it a ton I don't think they won't.
Neon Wasteland
I keep forgetting about Toonami . I figured it died . Well i guess congrats. I hope they don't edit it a ton I don't think they won't.

The fleet's far tougher than that, not to say that recruitment's always gonna be pretty but nobody's a slouch around here either.
Princess of the Crows
StrangeMinion
So As I Pray
Nytemair is a new VNfag

You missed the point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces