Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was really bored and I got to thinking....Cho Hakkai from Saiyuki is quite a lot like Harry Potter. I mean, think about it. Green eyes, glasses, dark hair, orphans, inner turmoil, red-headed best friend, white flying pet, scary as anything when angered. Is this a coincidence? Share your thoughts.

And on that note, are there any other anime characters that resemble other characters from non-anime sources? Hmmm...this could be interesting.
its probly just a strange coincidence
um...sonic and goku's super forms are similiar, but i'm not sure if that counts.(the yellow-ness and spikes i mean)
thats a weird coincedence xp
Really? I'm thinking more along the lines of universal conspiricy....j/k. It's more out of boredom and lack of sleep. Try to play along! whee I enjoy these sort of things....
I love you. Just for the way you think. heart
Why thank you! I feel much love! 4laugh
now that I think of it your right. xp

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
That is a whole new way to think of Hakkai..O.o

User Image
Yes, Cho does look dangerously like Harry Potter, now that you mention it.
Isn't Saiyuki actually older?
Phantom Thief King
now that I think of it your right. xp

Ahh...it feels so good to enlighten people.... wink
eek Holy crap your right.
moogoddess
I was really bored and I got to thinking....Cho Hakkai from Saiyuki is quite a lot like Harry Potter. I mean, think about it. Green eyes, glasses, dark hair, orphans, inner turmoil, red-headed best friend, white flying pet, scary as anything when angered. Is this a coincidence? Share your thoughts.

...Only Cho Hakkai is exponentially cooler than Harry D<

*Thinks Harry is a pansy-a** hero-boy. Does not like Harry as character*

Uh... A while ago someone said that the characters of One Piece followed a model similar to the characters of DBZ. I wouldn't be surprised. The creator of One Piece really admires DB/DBZ.
Hey, yeah! They're totally similar!
'Cept for the fact that Hakkai is a lot older than Harry.
And Hakkai uses kikou jutsu.
And, you know, that whole demon thing.
Actually, they aren't really similar at all. stare
Just 'cause two people's character design is vaguely similar doesn't mean they're the same.
Take Meryl from Trigun and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin. Both dark haired, pacifist women who can fight and fall for the leading man, right? Similar character design, but they have completely different personalities. Same with Harry and Hakkai.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff