Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Dabbler

I tend to watch less mainstream anime and I don't like predictable cliched storylines. Anything with the supernatural, mystery, or tragedy seem to draw me in. I try to give an open mind to any anime that I don't know if I like it or not.

Shy Sweetheart

Yes they've changed. The younger me loved to watch harems and 'edgy'. /cough/elfenlied/cough/
Now I can't stand the genre. If a character has more than two love interests and one of those interests happen to be a childhood friend I tend to drop it.

Same with tsunderes. I used to think they were awesome, now I can't stand the character type. Even if a character only exhibits the trait as a one time gag joke I cringe and my view of them is forever shifted towards hatred.
stopped watching naruto thats about it haha

Thirteenth Officer

28,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Stopped watching mainstream anime and started looking for niches since mainstream is starting to get boring haha

Hilarious Codger

Yes it has.
I no longer watch s**t.

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Maybe a bit changed, but not really. I found few favorites too.
And i am not a big anime fan, i just watch few sometimes.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Well I'm from the older crowd so when I was growing up there wasn't much anime to watch. I had no real reason to be picky.

I still enjoy a wide range of shows today, but there are types of shows that I avoid. If it is all boobs and no plot then I have no interest.

Familiar Friend

3,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
Definitely mine has changed, I love a good shounen still but I very dislike Shoujo, I find it very linear
There are plenty of shoujo manga that doesn't use the same old plotline but those are few and far between
I also definitely like seinen and josei a bit more now that I'm older
I grew past the eechi stuff and harems, they seem very unrealistic

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Kind of, but not exactly. I used to only watch things on TV (adult swim and on-demand) which I don't do anymore, but the kinds of series I watch is essentially unchanged. I've always liked what I've seen of 70s anime and I had more of a penchant for 90s series. I watched newer series here and there, which I still do now. The only thing that I think has changed is that I'm not that turned off by watching longer series and I don't watch as many dubs (hell, a lot of the time, I don't even have the luxury of subs). I was a lot more into ecchi, but then again I'm a bit fan of Cutey Honey these days.
i used to think i was too good for dragon ball z

then the other night i realized it was like 4 am and all i did for like 3 days was drink leftover beer and watch Kai
LOL Yes.

First I watched animes with action. Later I watched cute girly animes. Then Yuri/Yaoi. Now, HORROR TWISTED ANIMES!

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, my first animes were the standard American releases, you know, Sailor moon, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. But after I discovered dubs and how much they changed things, especially 4Kids, I started looking for less censored stuff. Overall, though, my taste is the same
Yes, definitely smile Anything romantic used to satisfy me, but now I'm looking for series that is very memorable. The genre doesn't matter for me wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff