Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Gawker

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Now that I think about it, I grew up on Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon, now I mainly watch Shonen, I never really noticed that it had changed XD

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Awhile back I watched mainly action, adventure and sci-fi anime. I still watch these kinds of anime, but lately I've getting into drama. But when I watch drama anime, I usually want that anime to have something else such as comedy or action. That being said, I won't watch drama anime that includes romance, psychological, horror or just straight up drama (to the point where it's like a soap oprea) as a central part of that particular anime. This is why I'm interested in watching shows like Clannad, Evangelion or Anohana.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

I'll watch the old cutesy s**t that I used to like such as Princess Tutu, Pretear, Love Hina, Kurumi, and School Rumble, but I don't go looking for any other anime that are similar to those. I'm fine with those that I had grown up on and I don't seek to find anything else like those.
White Flag Idiot
Girls und Panzer
Welcome, comrade.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IRL Noob

when i first got into anime all i would watch was shoujo. i literally swore i would never watch a shounen b/c normally action movies don't interest me. but now im watching one piece and deadman wonderland etc it feels so weird.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

hmm...not really

Tipsy Receiver

10,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I wanna say..yes, mildly. I've become far more open minded when it comes to content of the show, and a bit more snooty when it comes to content as well.
I think I barely watch romance anymore, unless it's utterly depressing, and I really don't watch as much action anime as I used to.

Like when I got into anime, here's what I watched; Princess Nine, Sailor Moon, Ouran High School and Fruits Basket.

Now I've seen shows like Natsume Yuujinchou, Junjou Romantica, No. 6, Magi, SOA, and so on...

Not sure what happened, but they aren't all necessarily girly..are they? They certainly aren't all terribly manly either.

Uxie's Husband

I used to love anime that was just short attention span. Really action heavy anime. And now, I love slice of life.
I don't think my tastes have changed too much. I tend to lean towards anime that isn't about a Japanese high school and has a good bit of action. That being said, I'll still give most anything a shot. However, I am very choosey in what I watch now. If it doesn't interest me by episode 2 then I usually drop it. I think this is also because anime is now far more accessable than it used to be. Now you can download or stream it online so easily. A few years ago when I was growing up anime was a lot harder to come by so I sort of took what I could get.
I've always been open to any anime, so my interest is always changing.

Chatty Cat

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
11-year-old me was obsessed with everything and anything magical girl. Nowadays... I can't stand any of 'em, except for maybe Shugo Chara and the original Pretty Cure (the one with just Cure Black and White, never seen any of the new ones). I got into mainstream shonen fighter-type series not too long after.

Nowadays... my tastes are pretty varied, but I'm still into mainstream shonen. But I'll watch/read anything as long as I don't hate the plot and it's not a Western-style Tolkienesque fantasy (went through a phase where that was ALL I enjoyed when getting into any form of entertainment, anime/manga or otherwise, and it's just gotten tired) and nothing too uber-MOE~ with several exceptions (if there's at least one girl who's really a crossdressing guy, I'm down with that)
If anything I have become more particular ;3
I was a lot more enamored with romance than I am now.
Like, to the point where I thought the Negima anime was actually good.

Gracious Genius

4,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
I used to watch a lot of anime for the younger generation(i.e. Pokemon, Sailor moon, Zoids, etc.) but I'm into more the mature rated anime.

I still watch some but I prefer series with nudity and more violence like "Highschool of The Dead", "Gungrave", etc.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Not at all. Although I watch different genres now I still enjoy action, adventure, seinen, and anything with samurai. Interestingly my favorite series doesn't belong to any of those I mentioned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff