Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Voter

7,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Has anyone seen the new anime Yona of the Dawn yet? I'm really enjoying it so far. The art is really pretty, the story is interesting and the characters are likable. It reminds me of Fushigi Yugi somewhat. Are there any other Yona fans out there?

Dedicated Tactician

I started out with, "Ah, yeah, I can do this."
But eventually became, "Naaaaaah"

I may pick it up and watch it through during the next season though.
The next season (for anime in general) is... Meh.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I like it enough that I started reading the manga as well. To me it kind of reminds me of a mix between Fushigi Yuugi and Twelve Kingdoms, cause its got the reverse harem elements of FY but the story is slower paced and the characters are better written, like Twelve Kingdoms was.

I feel like I can kind of relate to Hak as far as his sense of humor goes and Yona just gets more badass as the series goes on. Can't wait till they introduce Jae ha since he's my other favorite character.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I was reading the manga for this before the anime was even announced. I seriously love the fact this has an anime now and I'm loving how it's turning out. I even managed to get one of my nieces hooked on it too (the one who lives closest and is moving in with me soon).

seriously, tho, this is one of the two shojo manga I was hoping would get an anime adaption. and unlike the last time there was a fantasy shojo series I really liked getting an anime adaption they seem to be doing this one exactly right so far (the last one was okay, they ended it at a good point, but the animation quality left a lot to be desired).

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I was reading the manga for this before the anime was even announced. I seriously love the fact this has an anime now and I'm loving how it's turning out. I even managed to get one of my nieces hooked on it too (the one who lives closest and is moving in with me soon).

seriously, tho, this is one of the two shojo manga I was hoping would get an anime adaption. and unlike the last time there was a fantasy shojo series I really liked getting an anime adaption they seem to be doing this one exactly right so far (the last one was okay, they ended it at a good point, but the animation quality left a lot to be desired).

What was the last one btw?

I wonder how far into the story they're gonna go with Yona, since there's quite a lot of manga to catch up with.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Winniwyn
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I wonder how far into the story they're gonna go with Yona, since there's quite a lot of manga to catch up with.
The World is Still Beautiful. admittedly that wasn't a shojo manga I was itching to see animated (not like I was for Yona, or Dawn of the Arcana which didn't get one but I'd love to see animated) but I found it enjoyable enough I was delighted to see it get animated. but the animation quality, while not exactly bad, could have been a LOT better than it was.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Winniwyn
Mugetsu Ookamiza

The World is Still Beautiful. admittedly that wasn't a shojo manga I was itching to see animated (not like I was for Yona, or Dawn of the Arcana which didn't get one but I'd love to see animated) but I found it enjoyable enough I was delighted to see it get animated. but the animation quality, while not exactly bad, could have been a LOT better than it was.

Ah, I sort of started to watch that one...but I got interrupted during the first episode and I've yet to pick it back up. I've still got interest though...
I wasn't expecting much from this series, admittedly, but I've been really enjoying it so far. I'm so glad it's 2-cour.

Liberal Voter

7,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I hope we get more episodes after the first 26 episodes are done because I'm really loving this. The story, the characters, the atmosphere... I really need to check out the manga. heart

Fallen Seraph

12,115 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Moira 200
Questina
I hope we get more episodes after the first 26 episodes are done because I'm really loving this. The story, the characters, the atmosphere... I really need to check out the manga. heart

If it boosts the manga sales, there probably will be a better chance for a season 2.

Shin-Ah best boy.

Aged Gaian

Yes!
I'm already caught up with the manga(which i wish had more chapters).
The anime is doing a GREAT job with keeping up with it biggrin
I really cant wait for the second part. I need my fix

Mythical Seeker

10,175 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
I feel like i mostly fell in love with the fight scenes so far, which are awesome, im trying to like Yona too but it might take a little while
I feel like the reason I like to watch it is because Hak is just a badass. Yona really annoys me though.

Time-traveling Lunatic

Yona was a surprising anime discovery for me, and yes anyone who has seen Fushigi Yugi will be strongly reminded of it. Which for me is a plus as Fushigi yugi was one of the few Shojo manga that I actually liked , (I prefer shonen mangas). I probably will check the manga in the near future 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff