Welcome to Gaia! ::

The One in NY is pitiful compared to the London store.
I really like the manga section in the London branch downstairs, they have a huge corner for it, lots to choose from.
The only thing I don't like though is the RRP'ed anime dvds, I could get what I want much cheaper somewhere else.
nope is it good? it sounds interesting.
Wow, two people here from Leeds? Odd. Yeah, the Leeds FP is tiny. XD

But the London one is overrated, really. The manga section isn't that big, and they're quite bad at keeping it stocked. Last time I went, they didn't have any Saiyuki, Gravitation or Tsubasa. :/ It's alright, but not great.

I prefer Leeds to London for anime shopping anyway, since Leeds has Forbidden Planet, Travelling Man and Cyber City Anime. And they're close together, so there's more anime/manga in a smaller area. =P
Forbidden Planet...I loved that movie (sci-fi nerd mrgreen )
everytime im in the city i go to it. i was just their last week where i got my friend abenobashi manga 1+2. it is truly a haven for geeks everywhere. their not only about manga but also fantasy and scifi. but their also big on secruity because people kept on shoplifting the open merchandise
Arislan
Wow, two people here from Leeds? Odd. Yeah, the Leeds FP is tiny. XD

But the London one is overrated, really. The manga section isn't that big, and they're quite bad at keeping it stocked.

OK, so it's more like a cosy corner rather than a library, but it's still good. mrgreen
I'm not actually from Leeds, I live in Bradford. I need to visit Leeds once a month to get my dose fo CCsakura, Tsubasa, YGO Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge. That's right, I LIKE DIRGE!!
theres one in Wolverhampton and Birmingham (UK), i get all my manga from the one in wolvo but i only recently been called Forbiden Planet it was called Another World but i think it was allways owned by the same company anyway.

High-functioning Detective

the forbidden planet plant in nottingham(uk) cool but there are alot of manga/comic book store there so your never short for choice
yay!! theres one in Glasgow, thats where me and my friends get most of our mangas/animes, that and borders (yay!!!)

6,750 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I've heard of forbidden planet, but I always thought the stores were only in the UK. It's too bad they didn't have any in Canada, but if they did for sure there would be one in Toronto. I don' live in Toronto though. domokun
in my town we have a dark house but u have to odear manga they just have nomral comics there i think my friend checked it out
Yup! I live in Birmingham, England and i am happy we have one here! heart I would love to go to the one in London! I had no idea there was one in NYC! blaugh
Yes, there's one in Dublin, in IRELAND!!! Pretty cool, especially when they have Chinese comics as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff