Welcome to Gaia! ::

Insularis's Waifu

Witty Phantom

Wait.... Western society wasn't ALREADY ruined?
Loyal Assassin Jafar
Wait.... Western society wasn't ALREADY ruined?

Here I thought the KKK, Westburo and other Abrahamic Terrorist Cults did it.

Though I already sent a Tumblr link for how the other way around could be possible in theory,
Since it partially explains why Miyazaki left but that might be better suited for another thread another time, methinks.

---

I'm starting to think staring at Yamraiha/Yamuraiha makes more sense at the moment.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Is this guy serious?

Dangerous Hunter

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
That guy is you isn't he? Stop. Just....no.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I hope this is a troll video

"nerds use to be smart" lol....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Blaming something else for our own poor actions/decisions is the thing that's ruining western society. surprised

Videos like this one help with the ruin to an extent. It's encouraging pointing fingers at something we can choose to watch or not to watch, instead of taking a good look at ourselves and figuring out what we need to better ourselves with

If we're proactive and not lazy, we wouldn't spend whole day watching it, even if it is airing
Just saying
If we genuinely wanted good grades we'd work for it, and not make excuses

will not mention his opinion on girls
dude seems like he's never gotten laid for a good reason
kinda sad tbh
and creepy

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
So As I Pray
more like western society has ruined anime amirite

This had me rolling rofl

Clean Noob

To question whether or not an entertainment medium has ruined any sort of society is stupid in itself. If such a simple thing was capable of bringing about such influence to the point of destruction, it kind of says something about those who partake in it.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
lol, anyone who thinks anime has enough importance or impact to influence mainstream america is really stuck in their own world.

anime is still a small niche

Sweet Star

More like western society is just using anime as an excuse to avoid blaming themselves for causing their own problems

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Well, he's taking a very narrow view of society as a whole, limiting it to only what he can see right in front of his face.

Anime, quite frankly, has not achieved the level of cultural penetration required to ruin western society. The vast majority of western people have never seen an anime, except for maybe the popular stuff on Cartoon Network, so the very idea of anime changing society in any way is ridiculous.

Hell, the new My Little Pony cartoon has already had a bigger effect on our society in only four years than anime ever has.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff