Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jareth Dallis
The thing was Gundams from the UC time line were designed to be combat efficient. Not to win a Mecha Show. There were originally 7 Gundam Protoypes each was built to be efficient in a different form. One was a Gundam variant of the Guncannon. Gundams are nice and all but if you pay attention most Ace pilots tend to give a gundam a whooping with out using an indestructable mech.

That's sort of how it went. There were four original Gundam prototypes, yes, but each of them were RX-78s. The Federation had captured Zaku IIs and engineered the first RX-78-1 (black, gray, and red color scheme) at Jaburo, yet it was heavily flawed because they couldn't perfect the beam rifle/mobile suit colaboration in the atmosphere. A second set of prototypes, a total of nine suits (three Gundams, three Guncannons, and three Guntanks) were shipped to Side 7 for covert testing. These nine prototypes were painted with their red, yellow, blue, and/or white color schemes to be more visable during space testing.

As we know, one of each of the prototypes made it out aboard the White Base. According to the MSV and various other re-tellings of First Gundam, parts of the destroyed Gundams were recovered and retooled into the RX-78-3 (completely gray, with magnetic joints). This never made much sense to me since Amuro destroyed all of the evidence with super napalm, but whatever. MSV and MSV characters (like Johnny Ridden) create a whole lot of continuity errors. There are also quite a few arguments against the presence of Federation MS in the 08th MS Team, but they also managed to wing a few good reasons supporting them.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I would rather have a blockish mobile suit which was designed for heavy combat than a streamlined artsy mobile suit which has so many extra parts that it can be shot down because of it. Titans mobile suits normally had transformation ability the Ashimar has the funniest one though, it turns into a UFO. Others resembled traditional fighter craft.

Zeon's engineers really botched the concept of mobile armor though. About every mobile armor was oversized, slow, and impossible to turn around. That was something I noticed in Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam. You can pilot the Elmeth, and Big Zam but they're extremely hard to turn. I still feel the Guntank is redundant if there was a Guncannon. Maybe if the Guntank didn't have guns instead of manipulators it would of been more useful.

Every mobile suit had its flaws, as I see it. Guntank's was mobility, and the guns instead of manipulators. GM was too much of a cannon fodder MS it should of been less reliant on the beam spray gun. The only thing the federation had going for it were the space battleships it had. Zeon's flaws lied in some of their designs, too barbaric looking in some cases but if they had used better deesigns The Gouf, Zaku, and Dom were all very good but when they switched to the Gelgoog they may have cemented their downfall. If they would of combined the aspects of their three best designs they could of made a mobile suit strong enough to contend with the federal forces.
Well, the Guntank was rolled out when the entire concept of a mobile suit was still in its general infancy. The Federation thought it would be a good idea to roll out the Gundam/Guncannon/Guntank as a trio. The Guntank was designed for very long distance/anti air artillery, the Guncannon's cannons fired in low-velocity arc shots from medium range, and the Gundam was a versitle close combat mobile suit. Even though the Gundam's beam rifle is very powerful, the particle beam would probably dissolve to a degree before it flew the distance of either the Guntank or Guncannon's shoulder mounted shells.

This setup is ideal when it comes to by-the-book millitary strategy, and the general personality of the Federation chain of command was by-the-book military prowess.

Zeon's strategy was all over the place because its leaders ranged from proud veterans to manipulative idealists. This reflects in their strategies AND mobile weapon production. First off, they started the war off with major atrocities. You just don't do that. With mobile weapons, two or three competing companies spent their time making slightly better MS after slightly better MS. Every once in a while, someone's giant ego would demand a giant mobile armor that would float around for a bit and explode. By the time they finally landed a design (the Gelgoog) that could rival the Federation's prototype Gundam, the war was litterally within its final week. It was too late, and they payed for all their dilly-dallying by having thousands upon thousand of GMs poured onto A Baoa Qu.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Some people dont want to consider the 0083 time period as officially part of the time line but technicly it is now. It gives the perfect reason for the facist Titans to be created.
Kagome-chan13
G Gundam,and Gundam Seed are the only Gundam shows I love
oh come on you have got to love Gundam Wing also

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Okay just to clarify you people do know this thread is for the discussion of the original universe right? Because I will consider any mentions of Gundam Wing or G Gundam to be useless spam. Some of us consider the original to be the best for the reason it wasnt over powered with an indestructable Gundam. So if you dont have anything to contribute to this discussion please dont post.
I like the original the best because it actually displays how war is and the characters really are at war with each other.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Exactly why I like the first shows better. In Zeta Gundam Kamille has no choice but to kill his sister. The ZERO system in Gundam Wing is nothing but a blatant rip off of the Psycho System which was used in the monstrous Psycho Gundam.

Blessed Giver

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jareth Dallis
Exactly why I like the first shows better. In Zeta Gundam Kamille has no choice but to kill his sister. The ZERO system in Gundam Wing is nothing but a blatant rip off of the Psycho System which was used in the monstrous Psycho Gundam.

The Zero System was also harder to control. It takes the pilot's thoughts and Wing Zero's present combat data and gives the pilot several outcomes in battle. However, it can also show the pilot the outcomes he/she fears most depending on the pilots mood. Thus, creates a very large amount of mental stress on the pilot in which he/she either gets killed with the lack of concentration, panics and ejects, or hits the self-detonation button. Heh.... *loves Wing Zero* domokun
LightningLord
Zeon owns all your a**'s! One time my friend went into detail on how they would have easily won if they had done the right things. For one, sending vets on the front line early on in the war, rather than inexperienced pilots that needed the training...

Yur friend doesnt kno s**t

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Renfro
LightningLord
Zeon owns all your a**'s! One time my friend went into detail on how they would have easily won if they had done the right things. For one, sending vets on the front line early on in the war, rather than inexperienced pilots that needed the training...

Yur friend doesnt kno s**t

You dont know much about warfare do you? It doesnt matter how much more advanced the federation was they hardly had anyone left to fight for them because Zeon did a colony drop on the earth. Zeon also had more soldiers to use considering how many people were being killed by the Gundam. Maybe you need to look at the facts war isnt decided by one side having a gundam. It is decided by decisions made in battle. The Zabi family made mistake after mistake that is why they lost.

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
When talking about U.C. Gundam, why stop at Zeta. UC goes all the way to V Gundam series 30 years after Gundam F91. And Gundam F91 is 30 years after Char's Counterattack.

Now the OYW's mobile suits are pretty good, but they are just the beginning of warfare with them. By time of UC 0123 mobile suits got smaller faster and now have beam shields. And the Gundam F91's variable speed beam rifles designed to penetrate those shields.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Ive only had experience up to Zeta Gundam from games like Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam you cant properly judge a MS until you have tried to pilot it.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I present to you all today Katoki's version of the Gundam http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/katoki/rx-78-2.jpg

Katoki likes to make his variations look meaner and more stream lined.
the Super Gundam, the psycho gundam mk11, and the ZZ gundams were my favorites from the UC

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff