Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your choice?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 19, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Personally, i watch both and i like them both...

but my friends HATE subs and prefer dubs.......

so i wanted to know what other ppl like...

blaugh blaugh
Wee 1st vote ^_^ anyway i just like subs better cause the japanese voice actors just make the show sound better. I swear watching dubs is like watching old godzilla movies stare
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........Mushrooommmmmssssss...... eek
Sub is better for me. I understand more when I read rather than listen. I prefer celebrating things in their original languages (I even get the British versions of the Harry Potter books.) Subtitles are the closest I can get to the actual meaning without learning Japanese. Finally, I like most Japanese actors, and am unimpressed with most english-speaking actors, which is rather sad to me.
Subs are better. Dubs just kind of wreck the anime, unless the voices match the characters.
subs all the way whee
yes for having a crush on a mushroom. XD
I usually watch it dubbed first then i watch sub every time I get a new DVD.
Hm...subs.

I'll stick with these if I can.

whee

I've watched dubs, just that I prefer to read the subtitles...

xd
There's something to be said for both methods, so I like both, unless the dub job is horrible (and even then, some shows are good enoguh to survive and still be decent to watch CCS, anyone?). But I find when I'm watching subs, it's easier to miss things that are going on.
Wow. Polite answers. Usually, whenever I see this topic here, it turns into a flame war. In any case, subs for me. 3nodding
personally i like dud's that way I can watch the show more intently instead of having to read and miss a bunch of stuff.
I prefer subs. There's a reason even: the dub people here in Finland are usually possibly worse than American dubbers (no offense), while Japanese voice actors are <i>good</i>. There are too many of them whose voice I simply adore: I even watch some new anime because I know some Japanese actor (seiyuu) is there.

Of course, there are exceptions, times when the dub just sounds better than the original voices. I just can't remember any right now. ^_^;;

Plus, I study Japanese and it's nice to hear the original Japanese version of what they say.
This is a polite forum. ::Happy cuz she's not being flamed:: The jrock forum is full of rude gaians..

Anyways, I prefer subs mostly b/c they sound more natural (the japanese seiyuu, i mean). I'll watch dubbed if it sounds ok (cowboy bebop) but let's face it: seiyuu in japan have a school where they learn exactly how to voice act. And they put more emotion into it. 3nodding

Do we have a voice actors school in America?
Well, I'm sort of a believer of the fact that any anime I can get my hands on is good anime(part of the reason my collection has grown to a staggering amount). sweatdrop So, the sub/dub issue doesn't bother me a lot. Some dubs are great, some dubs I don't like as well. Subtitles are the same way. Sometimes they're great, sometimes I'm sitting there wincing at misspellings and bizarrely put phrases.

Honestly, I don't really care about how true to the original Japanese they are. I'm watching the show for the story, not whether or not the characters are eating donuts or riceballs.

sweatdrop Although, as of late all I've been watching is the raw, unsubbed stuff(not being purist, just being budget-minded), so the sub/dub issue *really* doesn't bother me at all.

But I'm prone to prefering the original format in anything. Watching Japanese dubs of American films make me wince. It just isn't the same. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff