Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'd like to know what kind of anime merch you either got or gave for the holiday. And I don't mean just gifts that were given to you... Things you bought (Or are simply planning to buy) with gift cards also count.

Well, did you? What are they, who gave/received them, and would you like to show off some pictures?

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
My bf got me a Sailor Saturn shirt and wall-scroll, and I got him volume 9 of the Spice & Wolf manga. biggrin
I got dis shirt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Demonic Hero

All I got was money this Christmas.
Which I'm planning to splurge on the pre-orders I have of anime merch.
Haikyuu!! and Sengoku Basara stuff for this month and next month.

Family doesn't know what to get me since they have no idea how my hobbies work.
-rolls in pile of money envelopes-
My family knows what it is I'm really looking for.

First up I'm gonna buy some flannel and make myself super cute HQ!! pajamas, basically just a bloomers/tank top version of their game uniform, 'cause the cosplay stuff I could buy is never comfortable or girly/cute enough to use as loungewear.

Then I'm going to buy myself a couple new Cubs jerseys, in honor of our new catchers. biggrin And I'm going to set aside a bit for plane/game tickets because I want to see my new Cubbies in action during Spring Training this year, and it's pretty cheap to fly to AZ from NV (which is where I go to school)... which has nothing to do with anime, but whatever, I'm excited about it.

Space Genius

I bought for myself Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and my husband got me a small Cowboy Bebop pillow with Spike and Ein emotion_kirakira
Graphic sample: http://www.zerochan.net/715395

Besides, I'm awaiting my S.H.Figuart Sailor Uranus. I will probably get her in two weeks, which makes me very excited emotion_bigheart

Questionable Conversationalist

I bought a rare Yomi Isayama~Gah-Rei:Zero for my bff for Christmas (it was kinda my hobby to hunt down all prepainted GRZ figures but man it was hard to get that one I almost wanted to keep it) and she got me a $25 RightStuf gift card and a Star Locket charm Sailor Moon necklace and a Dedene plush (and Wonder woman stuff) .
My mom "got" me the first Sailor Moon BD/DVD boxset as in I picked it as a present from her :'B

I also bought a DVD of This Boy Caught a Merman for my other bff bc I think she'll like it along with some Free! Postcards.
And I bought a shitton of animu stuff for myself. Getting the Sailor Moon Ochatomo and Cosmic Heart Earphones, Free! Koedarize, the final normal scale Lacus figure to complete that part of my collection, FSN and Free! Clear file folders, and some series:

Toward the Terra
Xam'd
Moribito
Princess Tutu
Uta Kata
This Boy Can Fight Aliens
My Bride is a Mermaid
Sin the movie
Phantom ova?
Persona 4 part 2
Hell Girl 2 part 1
Mermaid Forest parts 1 & 2
The last ones were mostly just cheap add ons to get up to free shipping from RightStuf since I did two separate orders.

Scompiglio's Wife

Let's see...

1. 3-6 of Rahxephon (I just realized the complete collection is basically unable to be obtained without spending hundreds now, but the dvds individually were pretty cheap. Most expensive was fifteen.)

2. Part 1 and 2 of Star Driver

3. Pre-ordered What Did You Eat Yesterday vol. 6

4. DN Angel vol. 14 (Only available in German after the thing with Tokyopop.)

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
As for me, I didn't GET any anime, but a friend gave me the Amiibo of Princess Peach for Smash Brothers. He knows I have a thing for princesses. emotion_awesome

I gave HIM Welcome to the NHK(SAVE), and I gave another friend Beck; Mongolian Chop Squad(SAVE).

With gift cards for Amazon, I have ordered the entire series of Psycho-Pass and all three limited edition cases for Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Productive, eh?

Questionable Conversationalist

The Fullmetal Narcissist
and all three limited edition cases for Revolutionary Girl Utena.
One of the best purchases you'll ever make. I'd recommend waiting until after you've watched the series before reading the interview bits in the booklets but flipping through for pictures should be just fine c:

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I didn't get any anime but I did get a Metal Gear Rising Raiden figure.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Milady Alluca
The Fullmetal Narcissist
and all three limited edition cases for Revolutionary Girl Utena.
One of the best purchases you'll ever make. I'd recommend waiting until after you've watched the series before reading the interview bits in the booklets but flipping through for pictures should be just fine c:

Oh, I know, I've seen it before. I streamed it, though.

Sugary Sweetheart

Well. my mom gave me a Kuroshitsuji shirt. I've actually never seen the anime, so I started watching it today since she gave me the present. She knows what anime looks like and probably assumed I'd like it since I like anime.

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image
"A ᴛʜɪᴇғ ɪs ᴀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ʜɪs ᴘʀᴇʏ ɪɴ sᴛʏʟᴇ"
╔══════════════════╗
x
The only anime related thing I got this christmas was a hella rad Sailor Moon necklace set that I got from the girls I babysit.
I'm a horrible influence on small children.

x
╚══════════════════╝
"A ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ғᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs"
User Image

Shameless Ladykiller

23,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I didn't get any this year, nothing I wanted was on sale so meh, I can be patient.

I baught a shitload last xmas though, hot damn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff