Welcome to Gaia! ::

lily_no_shaman
Inu means dog, OR b***h, and yasha means female demon. I like Demon b***h cause I don't like inuyasha, and its a good insult.

Ah crap. You're right... I never even took that into concideration. Sorry. ^^;
b***h = female dog... Yeah... the sounds about accurate. Once more, sorry. XD
Hmmm... Well, there's Nicholas Dokonokuminomonjawaresumakinishiteshizumetarokakora Wolfwood. xp Which stands for "daily cigarette consumption", I think.

And there's(I might spell this wrong.>< wink Tatiwatikuno, I think his name is. I think that's a funny name.^^

Ano... It's kind of funny how Yuusuke's(YYH) name sort of corresponds with what he does. "Yuusuke" meaning "little ghost helper". And "Urameshi" meaning "bitterness and resentment".

I know a hell of a lot more, but I can't remember them all now. Damn memory. xp
LadyRayne
Carrot Glace, Chocolate, Marron, and Big Momma from Sorcerer Hunters

xd xd Oh man, I forgot those! Big Momma has always made me laugh.
GothicFox
Inuyasha! His name means girl dog demon! blaugh Piccolo (sp?) he reminds me of a pickle... sweatdrop and whats up with Goku, Gohan, and Goten? is Go a common prefix or something? xd

Lol well Piccolo just really means Piccolo although he does make me think of a pickle XD

Goku I believe means sky (the ku part)

Gohan is rice

and Goten is heaven (the ten part)

I could be wrong, but then again it's been at least a couple yrs since I last saw DBZ lol ^^;;
LadyRayne
Carrot Glace, Chocolate, Marron, and Big Momma from Sorcerer Hunters

You know it's odd, I used to get weirded out by those names but I got used to it. hee hee Carrot Glace = Carrot IceCream (Glace I believe is french for ice cream)
Tora Katase
Neko_Dija
Yeah, DBZ is chock-full of jokes.

Garlic Jr, and the Spice Boys? (That thing still makes me laugh.)

Bra, Trunks, DR. Briefs, Bulma... (if they had another kid, would they name her Panties? Yeesh.)

And we can't forget out good ol VEggie And Carrot. Goku's saiyan name means CARROT, for goodness sakes! ^^; Lets hope there's never a rabbit villian...

Don't forget like... Brolly... which sounds kinda like Broccoli. Raditz and Radish... Maybe Nappa is some sort of salad dressing. o_O

Nappa is a type of cabbage I believe ^^ Bardock is a root of some sort. Hmm..I think Zarbon and Dodoria are types of exotic fruits (Well they are kinda fruity anyways...LOL)
Well.. I have some funny names .
Example : Tokyo mew mew . Ichigi=strawberry , Retastsu=salade , Puding.

Ranma½: Shampoo, Cologne, Mousse are named after beautyproducts.
xd oh this name is not funny but i think its cute. Do anybody know Halo from Rave??? If anybody read the hk version right, it sound or actually same as Hello in english meaning. But i'm sure lots of you know about that already~...Heehee~ 3nodding
hmm... not so much funny... but kinda weird... Everyone in Mahou Tsukai Tai... their last names always start with the same letter as their first name.

Sae Sawanoguchi
Ayanojou Aburatsubo
Takeo Takakura
Nanaka Nakatomi
Akane Aikawa
Mizuha Miyama
Minowa Minoru
and Yoshimoto Yoshito

are pretty much all the main characters. ^_^

Other than that, the only funny names I can think of are:

Edward Wong Hao Pepelu Tivruski IV
(edward's full name, from Cowboy Bebop)

And the fact that every character from Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman was actually named after the voice actor that did their voice. xd It was one of the few cases where an anime was made without going by a manga... and after making the pilot anime, they actually made a manga. But yeah, all the characters in the anime, and then the manga, are named after the people that voiced each character in the anime.
Goodfellow form fairylandings.
Russian from Kaleido Star and Pudding from Tokyo Mew Mew :3 but then again, everone in Tokyo Mew Mew has a strange name --;;
Twinblade Rena
how about Yue?i always thought that was strange.And Naraku?strange...

Yue is chinese for moon as far as I remember... so it depends which character you mean named Yue whether it makes sense or not ^^

Naraku I'm not sure about... I think it has multiple meanings... I found these ones though, not sure if they are right: hell, hades, eternity, theatre basement ( xd theatre basement hehehe)
Umm.. What about Boogiepop...? I'm not sure if it has some sort of a story/fact behind the name/term.. It's still makes for a weird name.
Apart from that there's Negi Ramen (Leek Noodles) - The shinigami duo from Full Moon wo Sagashite whee
... you forgot fruis basket i mean what kind of name is Yuki? or Misty (pokemon) and the titles poke a man! and If you don't mind me saying so I Love Shampoo because she practically kills Ranma at every turn
stare
This one is not sure if we're ones to talk.

English names that are kinda weird...

Bush: Those short green things.

Collin: That thing that spews brown concentracted evil.

Watson: Oddly a name that exsisted prior to the to utilization of electricity.

Mimi: (Not sure if this is actually an English name) "Yes me, me me me me me." "Me too."

Further more, we're the same people that somehow got "Japan" confused with "Nihon" or "Nippon" unless that's it's name in some neighboring country where Marco Polo went...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff