Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toujou_Aya

You're a computer science major, aren't you? biggrin *grins at her use of the words superclass and subclass*

why, yes, I am. XD I guess it -was- obvious, ne. =3
chocolate_dipped
Toujou_Aya

You're a computer science major, aren't you? biggrin *grins at her use of the words superclass and subclass*

why, yes, I am. XD I guess it -was- obvious, ne. =3

heh.
I always put anime in a different class than cartoons just because I feel that anime is superior to regular cartoons in many ways not every way but many
lil_aquarius
I always put anime in a different class than cartoons just because I feel that anime is superior to regular cartoons in many ways not every way but many

And for you, personally, there is nothing wrong with that; that's your opinion.

However, wouldn't it be considered willful ignorance to proclaim one better then the other when they are the same thing just from different countries? Because that's what MAJORITY of the AMC does.

Meowsette's Prince

Demonic Hellraiser

Anime is a japanese cartoon.

But its a cartoon, no doubt.

I don't like calling it a cartoon, because a cartoon is the AMERICAN animation. I perfer the Japanese artstyle.

Just make sure you can differ from American Cartoons and Japanese Cartoons.

Two different things.

Meowsette's Prince

Demonic Hellraiser

akatsuki_no_tenshi
but not all anime shows are like pokeon... some just have mature themes that can't be for children.

so, not all anime are for kids.
If Sin City was a cartoon, Then That wouldn't be for kids either.. Would it?

Point of the matter, not all CARTOONS are for kids either.

just think of South Park and Drawn Together.
Nazi Kachie-Chan

I don't like calling it a cartoon, because a cartoon is the AMERICAN animation. I perfer the Japanese artstyle.

Two different things.

Anime is not japanese cartoons its just cartoons... I lived in Japan for 2 years... Air force, and the fact is all cartoons are counted as Anime, no matter where there from.

Anime = all animation.... (cant get more simpler than that.)

Meowsette's Prince

Demonic Hellraiser

Darkphoenix
Nazi Kachie-Chan

Two different things.

Anime is not japanese cartoons its just cartoons... I lived in Japan for 2 years... Air force, and the fact is all cartoons are counted as Anime, no matter where there from.

Yeah, In Japan.

But Anime USUALLY refers to a spefic artstyle.

But isn't it ALSO true that things not japanese in artstyle in japan are referred to as 'Dessin Anime' as in, Foriegn Animation?

You don't see people in american refering to our own cartoons as Anime?

No. Because the culture is different.

Therefor.

Anime - Animation IN JAPAN.

We don't speak in japanese here in America.
Nazi Kachie-Chan
Darkphoenix
Nazi Kachie-Chan

Two different things.

Yeah, In Japan.

But isn't it ALSO true that things not japanese in artstyle in japan are referred to as 'Dessin Anime' as in, Foriegn Animation?

Therefor.

Anime is rilly not speaking Japanese, anime just a shorter turm meaning Animation.
And cartoons happen to be animation, thus cartoons and anime happen to be the same. two word same Meaning.
Nazi Kachie-Chan
Darkphoenix
Nazi Kachie-Chan

Two different things.

Yeah, In Japan.

Therefor.

I think you're not getting the point.

What we're saying is, anime IS slang for japanese animation. But, it is also under the greater umbrella of cartoons, as a whole. American cartoons and Japanese anime both are. They're similar in many ways, but also different.

You, on the other hand, are arguing it the other way round.
Uh, just a point I'd like to make: Anime doesn't refer to a certain art style. neutral
chocolate_dipped
Nazi Kachie-Chan
Darkphoenix
Nazi Kachie-Chan

Two different things.

Yeah, In Japan.

Therefor.

I think you're not getting the point.

What we're saying is, anime IS slang for japanese animation. But, it is also under the greater umbrella of cartoons, as a whole. American cartoons and Japanese anime both are. They're similar in many ways, but also different.

You, on the other hand, are arguing it the other way round.

Anime and Cartoons happen to be not Different, You name a Japanese Cartoon i can name a cartoon from somewhere else with the same story, style, or plots to it. anime = cartoon. Cartoon = Anime.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Red Scully
Uh, just a point I'd like to make: Anime doesn't refer to a certain art style. neutral
As general as your statement is, I agree with you.

Anime, to most people, simply refers to that big ol' side of the animation universe called Japanese cartoons. Can you really compare the art style of Zatch Bell to Neon Genesis Evangelion? Hellsing to Pokemon? Fruits Basket to Astroboy?

Neither can you refer cartoons as a certain art style. Can you really compare the art style of Spongebob Squarepants to The Simpsons? Invader Zim to Ed, Edd, and Eddie? Powerpuff Girls to Futurama?
Nazi Kachie-Chan
Darkphoenix
Nazi Kachie-Chan

Two different things.

Yeah, In Japan.

Therefor.

"Dessin anime" is a French word. Learn your languages.

And yes, we DON"T speak japanese here in America...then we shouldn't use the word "anime" at all. Or sake, or sushi, or kimono or any other Japanese words. Your argument is idiotic and contradictory.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff