Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Conversationalist

I was thinking to myself... this would be so cool! But I wonder if something like the book Feed (a book where people in the future's gear corrupts them, and causes them to go haywire, and die) would happen... and then the "OH THERE'S NO LOGOUT BUTTON" thing happened... I WAS LIKE, OH IT SUCKS TO BE YOU GUYS!. But I got further into the show... I liked it overall, but they coulda gone without somethings, like the character Yui, in my opinion I thought she was stupid... and the sister loving her bro (yes I know they were cousins, but step off girl, that's just weird) WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Sinyuki's Husband

Dapper Phantom

20,540 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
eh i prefer .Hack more

MorbidJoe
eh i prefer .Hack more

Never seen or heard of it, thanks for replying xD I was all User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
well, technically in Japan relationships between cousins isn't really all that taboo. in some situations it's even encouraged (like in families with political or financial clout they may encourage relationships between cousins to keep the political/financial power secure with their family, considering how they kept a feudal culture longer than the Western world and how that kind of thing is perfectly normal in that kind of culture it's not that odd they'd have a holdover like that). so by Japanese standards there's really nothing inherently wrong with cousin relationships.

but really, you want a vaguely similar premise that's pulled off better go for Log Horizon.

Sinyuki's Husband

Dapper Phantom

20,540 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Mugetsu Ookamiza
well, technically in Japan relationships between cousins isn't really all that taboo. in some situations it's even encouraged (like in families with political or financial clout they may encourage relationships between cousins to keep the political/financial power secure with their family, considering how they kept a feudal culture longer than the Western world and how that kind of thing is perfectly normal in that kind of culture it's not that odd they'd have a holdover like that). so by Japanese standards there's really nothing inherently wrong with cousin relationships.

but really, you want a vaguely similar premise that's pulled off better go for Log Horizon.

I know it's normal, but if you were rose up like brother and sister, you just think that'd be weird, meaning that she's always had feels for him, meaning that she's liked him, even when she thought he was her real brother, right?

MorbidJoe
XD sure

WHAT IS THIS SHOW YOU SPEAK OF

Sinyuki's Husband

Dapper Phantom

20,540 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
S0RAWR
MorbidJoe
XD sure

WHAT IS THIS SHOW YOU SPEAK OF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMunqhObAlY
S0RAWR
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I know it's normal, but if you were rose up like brother and sister, you just think that'd be weird, meaning that she's always had feels for him, meaning that she's liked him, even when she thought he was her real brother, right?
Ikr

Magical Lunatic

Disappointed and bored.

I watched the first half, got bored of the second half, and skipped all the way to the last two episodes. They were pretty decent. I liked the IRL encounter between Kirito and the business nerd antagonist.

To be honest, at least it wasn't as bad as Accel World.

Feral Explorer

7,225 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I liked the first arc. It started off amazing, then kind of went into a bit more fanservice, a bit less strong-female-character, and then full on "Screw it. The main female character is now useless."

The second arc was downright awful. If it went from "okay, a guy wrote this" to "okay, this is pretty sexist now" in the first arc, the second arc is downright misogynistic throughout. It really really horribly ruins anime for me if its got blatant disregard for the people interested in watching it. Its why I hated Fate/Stay Night. Absolutely useless female characters and the main characters literally fighting to win the girl is somehow okay in this day and age?

Log Horizon is similar and definitely pulled off better, though the world is not as shiny.

I actually liked Yui. I thought her introduction was absolutely awful (and the reason for her introduction awful), but as a character pretty good.

Unsealed Bloodsucker

pretty standard, something good when you're in-between the longer and more intense animes

Avina of Garamond
I liked the first arc. It started off amazing, then kind of went into a bit more fanservice, a bit less strong-female-character, and then full on "Screw it. The main female character is now useless."

The second arc was downright awful. If it went from "okay, a guy wrote this" to "okay, this is pretty sexist now" in the first arc, the second arc is downright misogynistic throughout. It really really horribly ruins anime for me if its got blatant disregard for the people interested in watching it. Its why I hated Fate/Stay Night. Absolutely useless female characters and the main characters literally fighting to win the girl is somehow okay in this day and age?

Log Horizon is similar and definitely pulled off better, though the world is not as shiny.

I actually liked Yui. I thought her introduction was absolutely awful (and the reason for her introduction awful), but as a character pretty good.

I liked the first season alot more too! The 2nd season was just... a tad bit... weirder, and not as interesting. And they did make Asuna useless, she always just took it, and the fanservice was real... i was like, OH DAMN, THIS WENT FROM 1 TO 100 IN SECONDS...
There are hundreds of these threads in this subforum, and let me just sum up what you're going to get in replies.

"
OMG ITS THE BEST THING EVER!

Terrible anime, never watch again, 0/10 complete s**t.

It was alright, I didn't like x part but the rest was cool.

It was AMAZING...except for the Alfheim ark. Just pretend it ended after the first half of the episodes.

HACK WAS BETTER, ITS A COMPLETE RIPOFF OF HACK.

It's not bad but you should watch Log Horizon.
"

I think I covered most of them. I would agree that you should watch Log Horizon though, they just completed their first 25 episode season, and the second season will likely be the final one (starting around fall).

x DJ Alpha x
pretty standard, something good when you're in-between the longer and more intense animes

What other animes? I haven't really watched anime's till I hit highschool, and I like your aquariums name biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff