Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I finished this anime...it made me laugh so much, nearly cry, and even pray for a kiss. I just adored this one...I really did. I just don't understand why there isn't a season 2.
-Sigh- I guess I'll have to run off to the manga now... emotion_sweatdrop

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The only problem I had with this anime and any potential love interest was that it would never work. crying If Yato never ages and Hiyori does she'd become old, die...

Demonic Hero

They really didn't plan on making a second season for the Noragami anime to begin with, I imagine.
That's why it introduced a character that never existed in the manga and ended with that conflict between that character and Yato.

But yeah, best to read the manga for more. There is potential love interests going on in it.
Also the manga is still ongoing so there will be more Noragami to come.

Player

K, I got into Noragami for the HD quality of the anime and the amazing op and ending songs (I think I stumbled across it while listening to anime theme music)... annnd I really enjoyed it. Holy moly, it made me want to read the manga too because it kind of leaves off as a new arc was starting...
What really really surprised me is how popular Noragami is. I just recently found out my best friends also watched it and they love it so much they recommended it to like everyone, and I was all like "guuuuuys why didn't you tell me?? We could've had a marathon night!" (I'm not kidding, I was fairly shocked because I thought they wouldn't be interested - so I guess if someone were to ask for an anime recommendation, I'd suggest Noragami?)
Best friend and I were thinking of cosplaying as Hiyori and Kofuku... heehee

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Khraleon
They really didn't plan on making a second season for the Noragami anime to begin with, I imagine.
That's why it introduced a character that never existed in the manga and ended with that conflict between that character and Yato.

But yeah, best to read the manga for more. There is potential love interests going on in it.

Oh really? I hadn't known that they made him up. I'm assuming you're talking about Rabo (I believe that was his name). That was another thing, typically when I watch anime I'm really horrible at remembering character names but these really stuck to me.
Anyhow, I wonder if they hadn't expected it to be very popular, or even if it is to grow, if they'll consider making a season 2.

Thank you for encouraging me though! I usually do enjoy the manga when I get into it but it takes me a little bit of convincing before I actually venture out to find it. I have a love hate relationship for ongoing manga, because it's great knowing there is more to come but if I catch up to the chapters it's painful to wait whee . I'm too addicted right now to not start it though! *-*

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
haine22
K, I got into Noragami for the HD quality of the anime and the amazing op and ending songs (I think I stumbled across it while listening to anime theme music)... annnd I really enjoyed it. Holy moly, it made me want to read the manga too because it kind of leaves off as a new arc was starting...
What really really surprised me is how popular Noragami is. I just recently found out my best friends also watched it and they love it so much they recommended it to like everyone, and I was all like "guuuuuys why didn't you tell me?? We could've had a marathon night!" (I'm not kidding, I was fairly shocked because I thought they wouldn't be interested - so I guess if someone were to ask for an anime recommendation, I'd suggest Noragami?)
Best friend and I were thinking of cosplaying as Hiyori and Kofuku... heehee

I believe I spotted Noragami on Netflix and was instantly attracted to those bright blue eyes of his. I shrugged it off at first and about two months later I finally forced myself to give it a try. (It's a terrible habit, but I dislike trying new things >.< wink to my fortune, I fell in love with it, and I was surprised as well by how popular it was! My own group of friends hadn't heard much of it, but I found many people who had and I jumped to be in that fan base XD . I also love when I find anime that my friends and I all have in common. I would definitely suggest Norgami if someone asked. That's cool though! I've never tried cosplaying before but I think you should do it!

Demonic Hero

O n i T s u k i a k a r i
Khraleon

Oh really? I hadn't known that they made him up. I'm assuming you're talking about Rabo (I believe that was his name). That was another thing, typically when I watch anime I'm really horrible at remembering character names but these really stuck to me.
Anyhow, I wonder if they hadn't expected it to be very popular, or even if it is to grow, if they'll consider making a season 2.

Thank you for encouraging me though! I usually do enjoy the manga when I get into it but it takes me a little bit of convincing before I actually venture out to find it. I have a love hate relationship for ongoing manga, because it's great knowing there is more to come but if I catch up to the chapters it's painful to wait whee . I'm too addicted right now to not start it though! *-*
Yeah, he isn't really in the manga. It's someone else entirely in the manga that is in Rabo's place when they send out those evil spirits with the masks. Plus the whole plot around it, is much larger. You'll just have to see what I mean when you get around to the manga.

But yeah, I'm guessing they didn't think the anime would be a big hit so they just stuck to a short series and tied it off with an ending with a whole new character.
I'm not entirely sure if it really was big enough in Japan to warrant a second season. It would be nice if it did and they want to continue it but having to tie it together with what's happening in the manga with the ending the anime got would be a bit difficult, I imagine.

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Khraleon
Yeah, he isn't really in the manga. It's someone else entirely in the manga that is in Rabo's place when they send out those evil spirits with the masks. Plus the whole plot around it, is much larger. You'll just have to see what I mean when you get around to the manga.

But yeah, I'm guessing they didn't think the anime would be a big hit so they just stuck to a short series and tied it off with an ending with a whole new character.
I'm not entirely sure if it really was big enough in Japan to warrant a second season. It would be nice if it did and they want to continue it but having to tie it together with what's happening in the manga with the ending the anime got would be a bit difficult, I imagine.

Oh I see, interesting interesting. I'm currently on break so I'll probably start it tonight and get caught up within a couple of days, XD as sad as that sounds. I'll definitely come back and see how different the two are, it's always interesting to see the contrast. I wasn't sure if I liked Rabo as a character in general or not, his purpose was a little to lacking in my opinion.

Agreed, but don't most anime start up that way? I definitely agree that they left it open enough to pick it up but I'll have to read the manga to realize how different they made it. Who knows, I'll have to do some research and see if season 2 is an idea that has even been pitched!

Demonic Hero

Oh I see, interesting interesting. I'm currently on break so I'll probably start it tonight and get caught up within a couple of days, XD as sad as that sounds. I'll definitely come back and see how different the two are, it's always interesting to see the contrast. I wasn't sure if I liked Rabo as a character in general or not, his purpose was a little to lacking in my opinion.

Agreed, but don't most anime start up that way? I definitely agree that they left it open enough to pick it up but I'll have to read the manga to realize how different they made it. Who knows, I'll have to do some research and see if season 2 is an idea that has even been pitched!
The manga isn't too long so you'll probably get caught up quickly.
It doesn't update weekly, unfortunately.
And actually, it's been licensed in the U.S. recently so that's nice.

I suppose some do start up like that. Mostly I see big series getting an anime but not ending so differently because they plan on making another season or something like that.
Then again those filler arcs added onto the really big anime like Bleach...they do make a work around.
But I know small time stuff do get a bit changed around. For it to get picked up when it's changed so much is...kinda something I don't see a lot of?
It would be nice though if they continued it. It did feel like it was left open enough to continue it even with the Rabo thing.

Dapper Gaian

noragami was hilarious I loved that anime.

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Khraleon
The manga isn't too long so you'll probably get caught up quickly.
It doesn't update weekly, unfortunately.
And actually, it's been licensed in the U.S. recently so that's nice.

I suppose some do start up like that. Mostly I see big series getting an anime but not ending so differently because they plan on making another season or something like that.
Then again those filler arcs added onto the really big anime like Bleach...they do make a work around.
But I know small time stuff do get a bit changed around. For it to get picked up when it's changed so much is...kinda something I don't see a lot of?
It would be nice though if they continued it. It did feel like it was left open enough to continue it even with the Rabo thing.

Agggggh it doesn't update weekly!? emotion_0A0 You're killing me! The license is good news though, I won't complain about that.

Yeah, Bleach is definitly a good example. I guess we'll never know unless it happens. Ya and I understand your point there too, I don't see a lot of it either but there is so much I haven't watched at the same time. Ya, I think there are multiple things they could expand on if they truly wanted to. I can at least say I'm happy with the way they currently ended it, nothing was left on a cliff hanger and the OVAS were enjoyable!

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sakura377484
noragami was hilarious I loved that anime.

Agreed! emotion_bigheart

Opinionated Cat

10,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Ok this might be a spoiler

But noragami is fantastic and Hilarious
Especially Yato-.......san wink

Friendly Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Egg_Kawaii

Wait wait wait don't give up on me, but I didn't get anything from that hint XD . Doesn't the suffix san mean someone you don't know well and is above you?

Opinionated Cat

10,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Egg_Kawaii

Wait wait wait don't give up on me, but I didn't get anything from that hint XD . Doesn't the suffix san mean someone you don't know well and is above you?

Ok wait- just wait- I don't speak Japanese or know its things ok
I am just a american who watches animes and is in love with it..
I don't even know what ( san) means anyway
I just got it from Noragami..gosh.. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas