Welcome to Gaia! ::

I loved Secret World of Arrietty! biggrin I also love the underrated Ponyo, first movie I took my friends to see. biggrin

5,650 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Trader 100
I love pretty much every Studio Ghibli film. I have to note, however, that Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was probably my least favourite. For some reason I have not been able to get "into" the movie, and it doesn't really entertain me as much as the others do. I have yet to see the Secret World of Arrietty, but it looks like everyone here loved it. Must watch! <3

Loyal Bibliophile

12,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mini_Hetalia
I love pretty much every Studio Ghibli film. I have to note, however, that Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was probably my least favourite. For some reason I have not been able to get "into" the movie, and it doesn't really entertain me as much as the others do.
the Nausicaa anime was kind of disappointing for me, probably because I'd read the manga several times before ever watching the movie - and the manga for it is SUPER EPIC.
Mine are Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I love them both so much.

Bashful Gawker

8,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hmm.... out of all the studio Ghibli movies i would have to say that Howl's moving Castle and Spirited away take the gold. The creativity is so wicked in these movies i don't think they can be topped. biggrin

Mega Phantom

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I like alot of them, but I'd have to say that Spirited Away is still my favorite

Codebreaking Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Not sure if this is one of ghibli, but grave of fireflies had to be the saddest,Valley of the wind brong me to tears, and howls moving castle brong a smile on my face. I havent seen The Secret World of Arrietty yet so I cant say anything about it. Ponyo I havent seen yet either. Not sure if paprika the movie is involved with that again since where talking like 90's Jap films here. If you could give me a list of its works besides the popular ones that showed on disney I would like to take a look. biggrin

Codebreaking Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
StalkerPanda
A tye between Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke.
They both have beautiful concepts. I adore Howl~ and I love the touchy-feelyness with nature and animals in Princess Mononoke. Just.. Yeah. :3 Love.

The wolf war in mononoke made me so sad. cry

Loyal Bibliophile

12,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mania Lowell
Not sure if this is one of ghibli, but grave of fireflies had to be the saddest,Valley of the wind brong me to tears, and howls moving castle brong a smile on my face. I havent seen The Secret World of Arrietty yet so I cant say anything about it. Ponyo I havent seen yet either. Not sure if paprika the movie is involved with that again since where talking like 90's Jap films here. If you could give me a list of its works besides the popular ones that showed on disney I would like to take a look. biggrin
Grave of the Fireflies was a Studio Ghibli project, but it was directed by Isao Takahata, one of the three co-founders of Studio Ghibli (the others being Hayao Miyazaki and Toshio Suzuki). The Secret World of Arriety, while a Ghibli film, wasn't directed by Miyazaki, but by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, the youngest director to work in the studio to date. and Paprika was a Satoshi Kon film done by the animation studio Madhouse in 2006.

Codebreaking Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Mania Lowell
Grave of the Fireflies was a Studio Ghibli project, but it was directed by Isao Takahata, one of the three co-founders of Studio Ghibli (the others being Hayao Miyazaki and Toshio Suzuki). The Secret World of Arriety, while a Ghibli film, wasn't directed by Miyazaki, but by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, the youngest director to work in the studio to date. and Paprika was a Satoshi Kon film done by the animation studio Madhouse in 2006.

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me! Wonder if theres anymore films by them some how in the english language for me to even understand. Maybe a dub or sub title...? o_o

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
Mania Lowell
StalkerPanda
A tye between Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke.
They both have beautiful concepts. I adore Howl~ and I love the touchy-feelyness with nature and animals in Princess Mononoke. Just.. Yeah. :3 Love.

The wolf war in mononoke made me so sad. cry

Me too! crying And whenever Ashitaka's elk started limping and kept loyally following behind him, ignoring that he told him to stay behind.. So touching! >o<
Also the akudama. :3 They're adorable little tree-baby-spirit-protectors. x3

Friendly Cultist

My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite, but I consider Spirited Away as his technical masterpiece.
Spirited away was my favorite. But Laputa- Castle in the sky has a special place in my heart because it was the most memorable for me as a kid. I watched laputa, my neighbour totoro and kiki's delivery service in cantonese dub.

Gracious Ladykiller

7,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Howl's Moving Castle.

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
I watched the Secret World of Arrietty and I loved it. BUT my favorite movie of all time is Howls Moving Castle! I watched Howl's Moving Castle 5000 times and it never gets old! Kiki's Delivery Service and my othe favorite. Kiki is awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff