Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Genius

Spirited Away and Kiki's delivery service smile

Blessed Defender

9,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Princess Mononoke. It's one of the most gorgeous, of course, but also thrilling, suspenseful, and more jam-packed with originality than any other (imo). The characters are ALL relate-able, which is not something easily said in a franchise dripping with obvious villains. The story feels new and powerful each time. The little comic relief is very subtle, and the film delivers itself with powerful storytelling, haunting music, a pervading sense of awe and mystery and empowerment... And the music is some of the best in all of the Ghibli films. *_*

Nausicca's the one I enjoy second-most, though, because it's emotionally moving and provides a messaic character I can actually believe in, and nngh.
And Howl's after that- I think I might like it better than the original book, but don't spread it around. ^^; Howl's is full of storytelling goodness. I think it fleshes out the world in a lot of ways by providing visuals and music (Howl's music is my favorite film soundtrack of all time, and I'm a showtunes addict!), even if it left out some valuable worldbuilding details. Plus, the animation is so rich and detailed, I feel like I can never get my fill of it. *_* I just feel terribly decadent watching it because it's so gorgeously sumptuous.
Then Spirited Away, because fffff how amazing is it amirite. Storytelling, worldbuilding, stunning animation, classy/fun/mysterious music...

Dapper Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Spirited Away is my all time favorite movie, and I have watched it 48 Times.

Friendly Fairy

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
A tye between Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke.
They both have beautiful concepts. I adore Howl~ and I love the touchy-feelyness with nature and animals in Princess Mononoke. Just.. Yeah. :3 Love.

Sparkly Fatcat

I looove spirited away so much~

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
For me, it's Spirited Away..so sad...

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
F E A R ii T S E L F
I would like to say Kiki's Delivery Service since it was the first Miyazaki film I saw when I was very young.

Same here. I first watched it on VHS and I was about 10 years old when I saw Kiki's Delivery Service, it's still my #1 favorite. My other favorite films are Arrietty, Ponyo, and Spirited Away.

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
I would like to say Kiki's Delivery Service since it was the first Miyazaki film I saw when I was very young.

Same here. I first watched it on VHS and I was about 10 years old when I saw Kiki's Delivery Service, it's still my #1 favorite. My other favorite films are Arrietty, Ponyo, and Spirited Away.

Same. I saw a commercial when I was like 8, and I was already an anime fan so, of course I wanted to see it.

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

Same. I saw a commercial when I was like 8, and I was already an anime fan so, of course I wanted to see it.

Yeah. I remember seeing the trailer a lot on the classic Disney VHS releases back then. I didn't know what anime was back then but I still wanted to see it because Kirsten Dunst voiced the main character.

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

Yeah. I remember seeing the trailer a lot on the classic Disney VHS releases back then. I didn't know what anime was back then but I still wanted to see it because Kirsten Dunst voiced the main character.

I didn't even think of any of that back then. Hell, I didn't even know Disney was involved with Studio Ghibli until Ponyo. xD

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

I didn't even think of any of that back then. Hell, I didn't even know Disney was involved with Studio Ghibli until Ponyo. xD

Yeah Disney was involved with a lot of them. I think Totoro was one of the few titles that they have back then because FOX had the license. Personally though, I'm a huge fan of the FOX dub over the new Disney dub of Totoro.

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

Yeah Disney was involved with a lot of them. I think Totoro was one of the few titles that they have back then because FOX had the license. Personally though, I'm a huge fan of the FOX dub over the new Disney dub of Totoro.

I've only seen the JP dub of Tototro. It was in my Japanese class back in high school. So I really wouldn't know. But of the ones I have seen that are involved with Disney, they didn't do too bad of a job.

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

I've only seen the JP dub of Tototro. It was in my Japanese class back in high school. So I really wouldn't know. But of the ones I have seen that are involved with Disney, they didn't do too bad of a job.

I recommend watching the FOX dub of Totoro. All the voices are just perfect. I do enjoy the Japanese dub too of course. Most of the Disney dubs have to pretty well. I was entirely satisfied with Kiki's and Ponyo's.

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F
A.I.Project
F E A R ii T S E L F

I recommend watching the FOX dub of Totoro. All the voices are just perfect. I do enjoy the Japanese dub too of course. Most of the Disney dubs have to pretty well. I was entirely satisfied with Kiki's and Ponyo's.

I'll definitely check it out soon. I intend on buying all of Miyazaki's Ghibli films.

Generous Entrepreneur

8,500 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
apa tu?
ga' tau

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash