Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depends on what sort of fanservice you mean ¬_6

Pantie fanservice = good.

Clip show fanservice in the middle of a 3 episode dvd you paid $30 for = bad.
ya in some cases fan service can be funny like in Love Hina theres a repeating process

Keitaro+Clusyness+Hina girls in sexual shots= Keitaro getting his a** kicked,slashed and blown up

and yet it NEVER gets old I just love his scream of pain! ^_^
Depends how it's done for me. Colorful was just one big series of fanservice, but because it was done with a certain amount of self-mocking, it was fun to watch. However, when you get series that are just doing it with no shame...that's no good.

(Did someone on this thread say that all anime series aimed for a certain audience have fanservice? 'Cause that's just not true.)

whee Nice yaoi-mocking picture. Though it strikes close to home... sweatdrop
It depends what kind of fanservice and what fan your talking about. Like ,even though DNAngel is pretty straight, I like my boyxboy fanservice they put in it. whee
do as u wish i guess ^_^
i always thought it was funny that in the police shows, the men wore normal uniforms whereas the girls wear mini skirts, thighhigh stockings, and tight shirts
...To much fanservice..
and Facehuggers will interfere!!!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
sometimes it's funny but I think people should like and anime for it's plot and characters not for the fan serivce
I'm all about fan service 3nodding In fact the latest anime I bought was Ikki Tousen vol. 1. Mmmm... I cannot wait.
Captain Fuzzy
i always thought it was funny that in the police shows, the men wore normal uniforms whereas the girls wear mini skirts, thighhigh stockings, and tight shirts
...what? isn't that how the policewomen dress where you live?

You're missing out...
ranmarox
sometimes it's funny but I think people should like and anime for it's plot and characters not for the fan serivce

Oh, I do. But some series (such as the Ikki Tousen I mentioned) just wouldn't be the same without it. It's great to have a series like that where you have a great plot and equally good fan service.
If it's reasonable and the series doesn't go out of their way to do it I rather enjoy it. I also insist on having hot guys alongside the hot girls.

An example of badly done overt fanservice: I remember seeing a preview for an anime at Fanime, it basically showed a bunch of women with huge breasts walking around town. At the end I was like, "So, this show is about... boobs?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff