Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese or English anime?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 2, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15

I used to like the English version more, but I started watching it in Japanese, and now I always watch it in Japanese. I feel like I'm watching 'real' anime.
I'd say Japanese all the way. But there have been good American Dubs such as.

Record of Loddos War
Inu Yasha (and I watched the subbed version before the dubbed)
Wolf's Rain (Same as Inuyasha)
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Fushigi Yugi
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
G Gundam

just to name a few. IT all really depends on the company that's highering the voice actors. Very serious companies will higher good voice actors to honor the original voices and get it close to possible for us fans. Some companies like the ones at FoxBox and 4Kids Entertainment well..... they just want our money so crappy Dubbing they go.
I gotta love the anime in jap it kicks a**. The english is ok but sometimes the jap is soooo mush better... too mush editing here.
Chibi_Chimi
I used to like the English version more, but I started watching it in Japanese, and now I always watch it in Japanese. I feel like I'm watching 'real' anime.

Becuz its original. I think Japanese voice-actors are way better then from America. If America use some Hollywood actors for the dubs.. wink

Charitable Gaian

10,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm so sick of people saying they hate the dubbed anime and that an anime is ruined in English. How can you guys say that?! I got hooked on anime by watching a dubbed show! They are so absolutely wonderful!
I find that they change to much stuff usually in turning it into english..... so i like the jap obv... xd
it depends with the jap anime it fellslike u have the real acurate stuff but with the english u hear the funny voice actors
hey i love japanese anime i can also read it
Japanese....no question.
I just hate how they mar some original series beyond the point of recognition... japanese all the way! xd
Japanese !
I like english if the voice acting doesn't drive me up the wall. stressed My attention span is to short to be always reading subtitles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff