Welcome to Gaia! ::

female_inuyasha
sweatdrop Nobody said that that gaia is an "animated"” .....thing.... Let’s call it ....fanart. sweatdrop

Right... so you can hate Teen Titans because it's influenced by anime, but you won't hate Gaia, but it was also influenced by anime? Kind of biased... it's an all or nothing deal, you can't hate one side of the influenced group, and then adore the other. It's like saying, "I like apples, but apples are bad"
Neiichtaa
RagnarokOfAngels
jayp
drawing in a Japanese cartooning style? You think Japanese people should only use those styles?? You think they're ripping off "anime"? Then I have one question for you guys..

WHY ARE YOU A MEMBER OF GO-GAIA??

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. <---drawn by a American artist.

It's like going to a baseball game and saying, you hate baseball.

Ouch. This is going to bring about some interesting replies. ^_^

agreee

We've got a few here that are....interesting..... I'm making popcorn; anybody want some?

O.G. Member

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
female_inuyasha
blackraven
female_inuyasha
sweatdrop Nobody said that that gaia is an "animated"⦣8364; .....thing.... Let⦣8364;™s call it ....fanart. sweatdrop

Fanart?

Hmmm....

If you people think that the whole "anime" style should be left alone with the Japanese people...

I would think that would includes fanart that should be left alone for the real Japanese fans..

Fan: somebody who likes something
Art: a drawing, sculpture, picture, etc.

FanArt: something made by fans for no official display.

Animated cartoon shown on TV: completely different thing.

So, Gaia is not official enough for you? Who is to say the people who make Teen Titans are not fans of J-anime. I bet they were all just kids once who just wanted to make anime, and yet you sit here and bash Teen Titans and other American made cartoons.
female_inuyasha
blackraven
female_inuyasha
sweatdrop Nobody said that that gaia is an "animated"” .....thing.... Let’s call it ....fanart. sweatdrop

Fanart?

Hmmm....

If you people think that the whole "anime" style should be left alone with the Japanese people...

I would think that would includes fanart that should be left alone for the real Japanese fans..

Animates cartoon shown on TV: completely different thing.

Then why don't you elightened me by telling how it is different...

Fanart might have no official display but the point is that.. people no matter what where they came from draw. With fanart... it leads to a good number of people who does it anime ish style manga thing or dreaming to work on an anime.

I have see better anime things from people who are not Japanese than the actual Japanese anime.

I'm not Japanese, and I'm American..and I draw a mixture of anime style along with others...and I want to do an anime influence film..

Are you going to condemn me saying that I'm a total rip off....and I should just stick to know what I can do best...

Even though I have a total respect for anime and would like to take that to a different level.....

What kind of closed minded ideas that you have.....
Wait a tic. I could be wrong here...

But wouldn't the Gaia artwork have to be based off of or mimicing heavily of a prexisting anime to be fanart?
AmberReflection

But wouldn't the Gaia artwork have to be based off of or mimicing heavily of a prexisting anime to be fanart?

I believe that the anime style has basicly become a cannon for many of its inspired artworks.
female_inuyasha
blackraven
female_inuyasha
sweatdrop Nobody said that that gaia is an "animated"⦣8364; .....thing.... Let⦣8364;™s call it ....fanart. sweatdrop

Fanart?

Hmmm....

Quote:

ig?no?rant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt)
adj. Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed

That pretty much sums up how I feel on your attitude.

Anime=an animation style.Get over it,get over yourself,and go research a subject before going by old sterotypes.And using Japanese fanart in your signature can get you banned; since you did not give proper credit to the owner/ image does not belong to you. Just a thought whee
RagnarokOfAngels
AmberReflection

I believe that the anime style has basicly become a cannon for many of its inspired artworks.

Well it'd be an Anime-stylized artwork that graces Gaia...not so much a fanart though is what I'm saying.
What about Fred Gallagher the guy who did megatokyo, that was good.
Suyo
female_inuyasha
blackraven
female_inuyasha

Fanart?

Hmmm....

So, Gaia is not official enough for you? Who is to say the people who make Teen Titans are not fans of J-anime. I bet they were all just kids once who just wanted to make anime, and yet you sit here and bash Teen Titans and other American made cartoons.

You know that statement by these fans that claim Teen Titans was created because the popularity of "anime"??

I'm pretty sure that is why Studio XD created Go-Gaia.

You know that statement by these fans that claim Teen Titans was created for the money??

I'm pretty sure Go-Gaia pays somewhat of Studio XD's finaces.
What about Fred Gallaher. The guy who did MegaTokyo, that was good.
Besides, I thought that the guy that created the Teen Titans animated series is Japanese?
ipanema
Besides, I thought that the guy that created the Teen Titans animated series is Japanese?

Yup.. Glen Marakami.
jayp
ipanema

Yup.. Glen Marakami.
Anime Fans: Oh never mind then. I like Teen Titans in that case.

Prophet

Is the point you are trying to make looks like 'Anime is everybody's property, so Americans have all rights to take it', you are absolutely right. But when it comes to ridiculously changing styles, (such as making eyes weirder, make them wear funny costumes etc.) which look completely wrong and than adding giant sweat drops and <HUGE anger crosses you are mistaken. And you are mistaken they have rights to publish that. That just looks ridiculously wrong, compared to original Japanise styles. Now Gaia, it's a different thing. In my opinion it is nothing more than a bunch of high quality fanart, mage by professional Americans, who learned it since they were born. And I don't deny it. Compare Teen Titans and Gaia. See the difference? That's my point. Martin Mystery is also made by non-Japanise, but it looks like anime, and deserves my complete respect and attention. Compare tham.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff