Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do You Watch Under Rated Anime?

Yes 0.65217391304348 65.2% [ 30 ]
No 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 7 ]
Kinda (please explain in a reply) 0.19565217391304 19.6% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2

Is Darker than Black an under rated anime?
I'll pretty much watch whatever, I'll turn it off if it bores me.

Distinct Businessman

6,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Tragick Lullaby
KiraYumaNura
Tragick Lullaby
A really great underrated anime is Birdy The Mighty Decode. Came out in 2008 wasn't given much thought but man people are missing out. The premise "Birdy the Mighty: Decode starts when Birdy secretly entered Earth to track down an alien criminal named Geega as an Earth Federation police officer. In the midst of her work, she accidentally kills a Japanes boy named Senkawa Tsutomu. To save his life, Birdy merges her body with his.
As the two work together on maintaining their lives, a mysterious person wishes to uses the Ryunka in order to commit genocide on the entire Earth."

Its really good. The first season focuses on Tsutomu the second season focuses on Birdy. The best part theres no ridiculous love between the 2 they just become friends who share a body.

I have never heard of this. Im going to go look for it to watch it. I like when I find shows I have never heard about. 4laugh
Oh please do! I'm sure you would really enjoy it! They have it up for free and legally on Hulu.

I live in Canada dude. Canada can't use Hulu no matter what they say. I have never been able to acess it.

Scompiglio's Wife

I don't care if it's well known or not. I know for certain, some anime I watch isn't so well recieved. For example, I like an OVA series called interlude, based on a visual novel. However, I will not call it something or think no one knows it.

Right now I'm watching Black Cat, but I'm sure it's not an underrated anime, since people have heard of it.

Anyways, I'll give anime a chance or two. If it doesn't keep me interested, I'll usually give it up.

ThyOneGuy's Oppa

KiraYumaNura
Tragick Lullaby
KiraYumaNura
Tragick Lullaby
A really great underrated anime is Birdy The Mighty Decode. Came out in 2008 wasn't given much thought but man people are missing out. The premise "Birdy the Mighty: Decode starts when Birdy secretly entered Earth to track down an alien criminal named Geega as an Earth Federation police officer. In the midst of her work, she accidentally kills a Japanes boy named Senkawa Tsutomu. To save his life, Birdy merges her body with his.
As the two work together on maintaining their lives, a mysterious person wishes to uses the Ryunka in order to commit genocide on the entire Earth."

Its really good. The first season focuses on Tsutomu the second season focuses on Birdy. The best part theres no ridiculous love between the 2 they just become friends who share a body.

I have never heard of this. Im going to go look for it to watch it. I like when I find shows I have never heard about. 4laugh
Oh please do! I'm sure you would really enjoy it! They have it up for free and legally on Hulu.

I live in Canada dude. Canada can't use Hulu no matter what they say. I have never been able to acess it.
What?! I didn't know that.. thats just hulu is stupid for doing that then.
Well in accordance with the tos I can't link you with any non legal streaming sites but just know they are out there and they have Birdy.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I've seen many underrated anime. I like watching anime that nobody has heard of and discover hidden gems.

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Here are some anime that I believe are underrated:
Eden of the East
Kokoro Connect
Samurai 7
For me it really depends. I can't get into many animes/manga these days, but when I do it is usually the not as popular ones I suppose. For example Battle Angel Alita. I find it to be an interesting story. I also like The Royal Palace Goong. While it may a Korean Comic (I know it I just can't spell it off the top of my head). Other than that the closest animes that I enjoy that are underrated are older ones like Rurouni Kenshin, Astroboy, Ranma 1/2 and Fushigi Yugi. As far as the Shojo manga/anime would Fruits Basket and Ouran count know that they're done? If not than okay I like them anyways. If Sailor Moon and DBZ counted I would include those but I like them regardless. I can't keep up with Bleach, and One Piece these days. I am trying with Naruto.

Shy Seeker

I rarely watch underrated anime on my part, using a definition of "underrated" meaning average of votes made by people who've watched the series/movies. Exceptions to that usually revolve around giving something a chance after being highly praised by friends (particularly friends that I know I share some interests with and like similar styles or genres) or if there's some unique element within a show's synopsis that especially attracts me to it.

If "underrated" is instead defined as the overall numbers drawn in to watch the anime, then I watch underrated anime all the time and have more and more sought it out as I've grown older and gained a better sense of what kinds of stuff I like in anime titles. I would personally call that pursuing lesser known anime rather than necessarily underrated, though.

Unawarebrah
Is Darker than Black an under rated anime?

In terms of average ratings on a couple of sites (ANN, Anime-Planet), I would say no, and I would say that Eden of the East, Kokoro Connect, Ouran, and a few others mentioned are generally rated highly (anything that has an average of 4/5+ seems rated well to me). I guess it's also worth noting that DtB's second season is a little less popular within the fandom due to some people's issues with Suou.

In terms of sheer popularity and regular mentions of series as compared to stuff like Naruto, Bleach, SAO, etc., sure, these titles are definitely more niche, although that's probably true for about 99% of anime out there... sadly.

Distinct Businessman

6,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
digihearts35
Here are some anime that I believe are underrated:
Eden of the East
Kokoro Connect
Samurai 7

These are NOT underrated. These shows/movie have a huge fan base and are very highly thought of. When we I said Under Rated I Ment shows that flew under the radar and most reviewers think are a peice of s**t. My example Towards The Terra came out in 2010 and was ignored. Now I see these's shows mentioned a lot on many youtube channels and anime forms sites. You may think its not represented well but its well recived by most. emo

Just cause its old does not mean its under rated. That I also have to state. evil
I guess. Not really sure. ninja

Greedy Hunter

If I've heard of it and it sounds interesting, then I'll watch it. I don't watch things just because they're underrated/popular.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Underrated, overrated, as long as it appeals to me I'll watch it. I don't care about the rating.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "
For me there are two categories for this. Shows that are popular and shows that are not. As a fanboy who loves moe cute girls doing cute things I guess, yes I do watch a lot of under rated crap. As for things that some people DO consider under rated would be like Solty Rei...and probably a bunch of other shows I don't feel like listing

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
toasega
I enjoy things that live in the shadows of the much larger mainstream shows.

Like, there's this one called Utawarerumono (Yeah, I know, right? )

Anyway, there's this guy who wakes up in an unknown village with his memory completely gone, and a mysterious mask on his face that can't be removed. He feels indebted to the people who helped him, and befriends everyone in the village.

But one thing leads to another (watch the show to find out), and he ends up in a bunch of wars, all waged to protect those he loves.

It's one of those One-shot-season shows that only has 26 episodes, but they're freaking awesome to watch.

Utawarerumono was EPIC. The plot was superb and I loved the characters.
The art was pretty good at the time but damn I wish they'd make a revamp version of this anime.
Better yet a prequel. Maybe a sequel. UGH how about both?

I practically watch any and every anime that piques my interest. Sports and cutesy girl life animes are a no-go for me though talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff