This is what happens when they find a random native speaker in Tokyo:

rofl rofl
EIther way, it's hilarious

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Because Japanese people only understand Engrish?

Fashionable Lunatic

I find their pronunciation to be a bit odd but from someone who has studied japanese and hosted japanese students english words are a lot harder to pronounce comparing it to Japanese.

But one of my favorite engrish scenes is from Kuroko's basket. Kagami and Tatsuya lived in America so they are supposed to know english.
They should hire native speakers. Seriously, it's not like native speakers of English do not exist in Japan. Do you know how many would be voice actors would jump at that chance? I would and I'm not even a would be voice actor.

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
They did a good job for Kagami and Himuro's meeting in Kuroko no Basket.

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Minto hime
I find their pronunciation to be a bit odd but from someone who has studied japanese and hosted japanese students english words are a lot harder to pronounce comparing it to Japanese.

But one of my favorite engrish scenes is from Kuroko's basket. Kagami and Tatsuya lived in America so they are supposed to know english.
Ah, you beat me to it. It actually surprised me how fluent it was. I really like Kagami's English orz

Fashionable Raider

6,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Citizen 200
Clover_IceQueen
l zenitsu l
So you basically want more of this?

Why did this bring me so much joy? rofl

Welp this was odd. xd
l zenitsu l

That's some pretty decent English...
Ryumance
Minto hime

Ah, you beat me to it. It actually surprised me how fluent it was. I really like Kagami's English orz

Crap! Beat me to it too!

But I still have this one! smile

Invisible Phantom

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
xd I wouldn't really change it, it's always so funny! Like in Junjou Romantica, when Misaki found that friend who was talking English... It was just soooo funny! XDDDD whee
Soreiyu
This thread reminds me of Detective Conan where you have a Japanese character who speaks better English than the supposed American character...
about 1m22s in

This scene is exactly what I thought of as well! haha c:
Isn't it more odd when anime takes place in Europe (mostly Germany or a German like city) but all the characters are speaking Japanese? Like Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack of Titan, Spice and Wolf, Le Chevalier D'Eon, etc. Especially Attack on Titan where they state Mikasa is the only Asian left yet everyone is speaking perfect Japanese. How is it there's only one (half) Asian left yet an Asian language survived and everyone is speaking it? I talked to a Japanese guy from Sataima and even he doesn't think that makes sense. xd But what about anime like Black Blood Brothers where they're in China and no one is speaking Chinese? I think even Kaze no Stigma had a little arc that took place in China.

Hilarious Lunatic

I know Momoko from Ojamajo Doremi is from New York, but I think she's of Japanese background. She speaks English and Japanese.

Hilarious Lunatic

onewiththetree
l zenitsu l

That's some pretty decent English...

The big bad guy who got shot...His English sounds retarded. Who speaks English like that? XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff