do you like anime's with cgi?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on October 18, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

I perosonally dont care what tyhe anime has in it if its awesome ill watch it

Professional Witch

Depends if they do a good job or not.
Some of the anime with CG is good (FLCL, Bebop: knockin' on heaven's door) but in most anime it's terrible, and sticks out like a sore a** (FF: Unlimited)
Depends if they do a good job or not.
3nodding
*thinks hard but get a heart attack*
eh. Sure, but I miss cels.
I'm very impressed with the new styles of anime, in which the background is CG but the characters are still drawn. There was an example in a recent Newtype, I forget which show, but it was some of the most beautiful artwork I had ever seen.
If they do it well, they can capture the depth of the surroundings and characters. I wish they would do it more. And the Final Fantasy Unlimited isn't good, I agree.
I think anime should be drawn through and through, But if the CG isent really noticible and well done, Then i like it.
I'm not big on CG animation works, I think it severely lacks the depth, detail and beauty of tradional cel animation in almost all forms. Take a look at the classic Mamuro Oshii anime film Angel's Egg made in 1985, a genius work in both context and extremely in style. The animation work is incredibe and beautifully done. The attention to details are very well crafted as can be seen by these screen shots below:
User Image
User Image

And if you havn't seen this film, you should.

CG is done because it's cheaper, and it can simplify everything, but I think that it takes away from the detail and craft that is seen in many. there's just a quality to cel animation that is lost in the move to computers in my oppinion. Also, as someone else said, I to miss cels, I collect a few cels now and then of some of my favorite characters when possible.

But here's one thing, take a look at film Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (done with tradional cel animation) and compare it to a strickly CG only anime like Gundam Seed, not the best choice, but i'm sure you can definitely see that in the first one, the animation flows wonderfully and looks natural, whereas movement in Gundam Seed (especially those awful 'float around' scenes just look terribly fake)

Okay, i'm ranting here so i'll stop. xd
Who cares anime rules..............SESSHOMARU IS NUMBER ONE!!!!!

Remses's Senpai

Desirable Vampire

CGI is evil!!!!! i am an oldschool anime fan, thats what i grew up watching was the oldschool s**t *been watching anime since '87

Remses's Senpai

Desirable Vampire

Tohaku
Who cares anime rules..............SESSHOMARU IS NUMBER ONE!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA! hardly stare besides the fact that inuyasha is for children, Kintaro Oe is the best of the best of anime characters
I can't stand the way they used it in Witch Hunter Robin (in my opinion, worst Anime of all time)

Remses's Senpai

Desirable Vampire

SG Kastumoto
I'm not big on CG animation works, I think it severely lacks the depth, detail and beauty of tradional cel animation in almost all forms. Take a look at the classic Mamuro Oshii anime film Angel's Egg made in 1985, a genius work in both context and extremely in style. The animation work is incredibe and beautifully done. The attention to details are very well crafted as can be seen by these screen shots below:
User Image
User Image

And if you havn't seen this film, you should.

CG is done because it's cheaper, and it can simplify everything, but I think that it takes away from the detail and craft that is seen in many. there's just a quality to cel animation that is lost in the move to computers in my oppinion. Also, as someone else said, I to miss cels, I collect a few cels now and then of some of my favorite characters when possible.

But here's one thing, take a look at film Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (done with tradional cel animation) and compare it to a strickly CG only anime like Gundam Seed, not the best choice, but i'm sure you can definitely see that in the first one, the animation flows wonderfully and looks natural, whereas movement in Gundam Seed (especially those awful 'float around' scenes just look terribly fake)

Okay, i'm ranting here so i'll stop. xd
*Highly agrees*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas