Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

r a b b i t

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The longest anime I've seen is Sailor Moon (200 eps, 3 movies, a few specials).. And that's only because I'm a huge fan. I don't know if I could keep up with a long running anime otherwise. I'm trying to force myself to get through Naruto because I have a personal connection to Naru x Hina. My husband wants me to watch One Piece, but I don't think I'll ever get through it.

I honestly had no interest in Naruto or One Piece before my husband. And I don't think I'll be interested in anything else that is longer than 50 episodes (Besides Card Captor Sakura, at 70 episodes). That's my cap.

User Image

Wealthy Prophet

Some more so than others. I would love to find the time to sit down and watch all of One Piece, but that isn't ever going to happen. There are way to many, and this is coming from a person that can watch a six season series in about 1 or 2 weeks. After a series starts to get into the 100 or 200 episode range I find it hard to remember what happened in past episodes, which will mean that I would have to go back and re-watch everything again, or just to stop watching all together

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

I'm going to count 100+ eps as long (for me).

The first really long anime I sat through was PoT, many years ago.
Gintama I could rewatch from 1, it's on its fifth season so it's pretty long, although it doesn't feel like it <n<.

I tried Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, once upon a time, but I couldn't stomach it for very long.

I then moved on to Detective Conan, but after too much of it, I started having continuous nights of waking up in the night and feeling this irrational terror because I was convinced there was a murderer in the room with me. I presumed it was the anime doing it to me so I stopped and these 'waking nightmares' went away.

Basically.. it depends
Maid 0f Time
idk if anyone else feels the way that i do, but i just can't make myself start watching an anime with a lot of episodes

maybe it's because i'm a busy person and i have a short attention span, even for anime, but if i see a series that has more than 50 episodes i just don't give it a thought (EDIT: i'm also 23 years old and i'm trying to get my career on the right path so i also just don't have time to sit down and watch long anime series because it would take me forever to finish them)

what about you all? do you like long series or do you prefer shorter ones? i think the longest series that i've ever watched all of from start to finish would be the 2003 fullmetal alchemist series

Well I I don't know the only anime I ever saw that was 200 plus episodes long and enjoyed was dbz.
And hunterxhunter I think that was 200 plus. My biggest problem with the long ones bleach, naruto, fairy tale and one piece is that there is just toooo much. It often suffers from filler and bad writing. As well as toooo many characters. And to much to keep up with. I usually end up losing interst.
Usually the magic number for an anime is about 26 or 50 to me. As my favorites have that number. And always end up being the best.
Limbus
kitsunen
My situation is the same as you
but I'm watching Naruto and Fairy Tail at the moment every week.

I havent watched ALL Naruto episode but I started watching when Itachi came back from the dead lol

Also I haven't watch FT until the Grand Magic Games

I just skip around anime that are long in series

as for Gundam Seed + Gundam Seed destiny those were pretty long anime but i spent around 3-4 weekends to finish watching them all

Is it worth it Gundam Seed Destiny? I heard it sucks. I watched Gundam seed but I heard the romance in destiny is even less than the first one

In my opinion I think Gundam Seed will suck for you if your a big fan of the usual Gundam series.

Gundam seed is set in a sort of Alternate Universe so a lot of the story is a bit different from teh Gundam franchise.

Gundam Seed Destiny had a weirdly tragic romance but maybe its because Shin whose supposed to be a new focus character wasn't very likable in my opinion hahahaha

but I love Athrun and Athrun had a lot of screen time and character development in Destiny

Demonic Sex Symbol

It's tough to watch an anime that more than 25 episodes or more. About a year, I had tried to rewatch the Digimon series (in Japanese dub and it was on netflix). I would lose an interest often because the series tends to get longer to the point and sometimes repeats the same things over and over again. I'm still onto the fourth season and hoping to get back to watch it soon; however, with work and classes going on, it get tricky to watch some anime, let alone it depends on my mood if I feel like watching the series.

2,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Honestly with me, it depends on what anime it is, like whether I'm REALLY interested in it or if it's just a passing interest. I'm working my way through Dragon Ball Z and Naruto/Naruto Shippuden (as a kid I only caught whatever episodes were on tv so now I'm watching them officially), and while they're both daunting tasks, DBZ and Naruto being 200+ episodes, and NS being 400+ at the moment, I look forward to always having something to watch. XD
Winniwyn
I tend to like series that are between 20-something to 50-something episodes long actually. For me, a lot of the time the 12-13 episode series are just too short and I'm left wanting more. It works for some series, particularly slice of life and drama, but not everything. I know I'm in the minority here though.

I'll watch 100+ episode shows if its something I really enjoy like Yu Yu Hakushou, Sailor Moon, or Hunter x Hunter.

I feel the same way. I'm not completed turned away from long 100+ something episode series though. I definitely don't try to watch those in like a months time. I'll usually casually watch those by an episode or two a day depending on my mood.

As one of the anime rules go. The best anime series are usually between 20-50 episodes.

Byoushinou's Waifu

Squad Mage

26,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
When I was watching anime airing on TV I didn't mind terribly if they were over 100 episodes (usually they were shorter though). Lately I find myself watching more and more of the short series, but if the story is good and I'm really interested I can stomach even 200 episodes. Just not in one go, if I'm really busy.
I just truly don't have the patience, too time consuming.. don't you think? Think of the time going out the window.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff