Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fatcat

9,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
idk if anyone else feels the way that i do, but i just can't make myself start watching an anime with a lot of episodes

maybe it's because i'm a busy person and i have a short attention span, even for anime, but if i see a series that has more than 50 episodes i just don't give it a thought (EDIT: i'm also 23 years old and i'm trying to get my career on the right path so i also just don't have time to sit down and watch long anime series because it would take me forever to finish them)

what about you all? do you like long series or do you prefer shorter ones? i think the longest series that i've ever watched all of from start to finish would be the 2003 fullmetal alchemist series

Beloved Gekko

yes im the same way
especially when I just wanna start and finish an anime on my off day or something
like im not gonna suddenly pick up naruto ship from season 1 lol
I cant help it I like my short 12 episode series that I can watch in a day.
    I am the exact same way. Almost right down to FMA being the longest series I could handle-- except that there's Full Moon Wo Sagashite, which beat it in length by one whole episode.

I don't know. I suppose I just figure I don't have the time. If I had kept up with stuff like Naruto or Bleach from the start like I originally had, maybe I wouldn't be as turned away from long series. It's just something I rather not spend so much time on in one sitting (even though it doesn't make much sense since I've watched what feels like a hundred series with an average of 20-something episodes.)

I have a hard time with long series in general. Even The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones- despite liking both- I can never seem to get up to date with.

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

I don't watch shows, but I can't imagine investing that much time in vegging out. However, long manga series don't put me off - if it's moving and captivating, I'm elated when there's even more to enjoy. ^^

It might be different, however, since you can get through the same amount of story in one volume (about 15 minutes) that occurs over the course of like 10 lengthy episodes. I think I got through reading Fist of the North Star (27 volumes, 152 episodes) in like one day. Manga for life!

User Image

Questionable Conversationalist

If something has a huge episode count but still interests me, it get put at the bottom of my list unless I have a LOT of free time and motivation and I'm not burnt out - which is a very rare trifecta for me these days. 50 is my top gauge, it'll still make my list but lower priority than shorter shows (two 25/26 episode seasons don't always fall into that category) and anything above that gets put at the bottom of the list as an Eventually.

I like to be able to go through a series in a day or couple of days but if all I'm doing is watching a show, especially if it's subs only, then I get burnt out after so many episodes. Or I need to sleep. Either or.

Exrael
one volume (about 15 minutes)
You can get through 100+ pages in 15 minutes? Christ I thought I was a fast reader, that's some next level junk right there :U

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image
"A ᴛʜɪᴇғ ɪs ᴀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ʜɪs ᴘʀᴇʏ ɪɴ sᴛʏʟᴇ"
╔══════════════════╗
x
Usually a long anime is a big turn off. Except for a select few.
But when it comes to long manga series I eat those up. I can usually
read 80-100 chapters in a day or so. Depending on how interested
I am in the series. Anime just takes longer to get through and I don't
have much time anymore just to sit around and watch things. I kinda
miss doing that.

x
╚══════════════════╝
"A ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ғᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs"
User Image

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Milady Alluca
If something has a huge episode count but still interests me, it get put at the bottom of my list unless I have a LOT of free time and motivation and I'm not burnt out - which is a very rare trifecta for me these days. 50 is my top gauge, it'll still make my list but lower priority than shorter shows (two 25/26 episode seasons don't always fall into that category) and anything above that gets put at the bottom of the list as an Eventually.

I like to be able to go through a series in a day or couple of days but if all I'm doing is watching a show, especially if it's subs only, then I get burnt out after so many episodes. Or I need to sleep. Either or.

Exrael
one volume (about 15 minutes)
You can get through 100+ pages in 15 minutes? Christ I thought I was a fast reader, that's some next level junk right there :U

User Image

Funnily enough, I actually tried it out just now with a new series - was going to read a QP volume since that's the latest manga I finished, but re-reading goes by a lot faster. I read one volume of Yamikin Ushijima-kun in 16 minutes, since it was sitting around in my OneTab interesting-looking-manga-list. But man... that was some heavy stuff - it's about debt collecting and conning people until they're selling themselves and getting STDs/AIDS, pushed to suicide, etc. @-@; Going to read some nice Worst to clear the mind...

User Image

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Timid 100
I think I might be the odd one, but I hate seasonal anime.

Hinata Sapphire's Husband

Amorous Warlord

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
I'm actually the opposite of this. I really don't like the 12 episode stuff cause I feel like it ends too quickly then I''m stuck with nothing else to watch
I certainly couldn't agree more, but of course I have my exceptions, such as if the anime is airing and turns out to have 25+ episodes in the end, or if the anime is really that good enough for me to be attached to it.

I would say that I have a short attention span as well. I'm not one to marathon anything; the thought of sitting down and staring at a screen for an extended period of time just seems a little too unproductive for my liking.

Friendly Cat

I have tried so hard to watch both short and long anime, but it's impossible. <_> I can't fit them all in. (That's what she said.)

I have a huge list of shows to watch, which makes long anime really unappealing. I try not to be biased, because really, they can be good. It's not like they are automatically bad because they are long. But when I have like 15 new shows to watch each season, plus old shows I've missed, and a life, I just can't do it. I tend to prioritise the ones I can finish in a short amount of time...
Sometimes.

That's why I read manga--it's faster that way. There's long pauses between sentences and fillers in anime that makes me just...not want to watch it. Reading it is better, by a long shot, for me.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I tend to like series that are between 20-something to 50-something episodes long actually. For me, a lot of the time the 12-13 episode series are just too short and I'm left wanting more. It works for some series, particularly slice of life and drama, but not everything. I know I'm in the minority here though.

I'll watch 100+ episode shows if its something I really enjoy like Yu Yu Hakushou, Sailor Moon, or Hunter x Hunter.

Shopper

I don't think it really matters, to be honest. Shorter animes have their pros and cons, just like longer ones do.

Shorter anime end too quickly, and don't have a lot of time for character development. I've watched many short anime where a lot of the characters bleed together throughout the different anime; they're too static. Then again, the series is over quickly and I can watch something new. Just like a short story. I can also rewatch it fairly easily.

Longer anime has (usually) great character development and a lot of different bonds are built for the various characters. You can do so much more with longer anime both as a producer and viewer. If your attention span isn't "big enough" for long anime, I fail to see how you can watch multiple short animes. The episodes will tally up the same, and your attention is strewn in many different directions with shorter anime. It seems only fitting that a longer anime would produce less stress for attention spans...Some people don't watch longer anime because of fillers. I think it's the dumbest thing in the world to think that.
"You watch Naruto? Or should I say Fillruto? XD" Uh, if you don't want to see the fillers, just google "What episodes of INSERT ANIME HERE are fillers?" and skip them. It's not hard...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff