Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
Been a while since I posted here.

Anyway, as the topic says, does the fanbase affect your view or interest of an anime?

The first kind would be, taking Hetalia as an example, no offense. Hetalia fans are the reason why some people dislike the show.

The second kind would be in my example, like Sword Art Online. Its a show I like and all, but the fans are just crazy and I am starting to dislike SAO a little.

So to discuss, does it affect you and the anime in any way?

Greedy Raider

Mentioning Gundam in some places will result in heated discussion over how gay Trowa and Quatre are, and how amazing Kira is.

And sometimes "who the hell is Char?"

Desirable Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
Sounds like Gundam is famous in those places.
Fanbases will sometimes annoy me, but it has never changed my opinion of a series.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Oboromaru
Mentioning Gundam in some places will result in heated discussion over how gay Trowa and Quatre are, and how amazing Kira is.

And sometimes "who the hell is Char?"

Or, UC is supreme. All AU is s**t.
Fan bases always make me determine if I like something or not.

Girl-Crazy Sweetheart

I wouldn't say it affects my liking of the series, I just get a bit awkward talking about it to other people. Large fandoms are cool because you can always find lots of stuff easily, like download links and cool theories, but they also come with all of the bad fanart/fanfiction/cosplay/people who take fictional things way too seriously for it too be healthy - and usually that's the part that gets more attention.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Honestly, a fanbase does not affect my view at all. There’s always going to be bad fans in a fanbase, its inevitable.

The Hetalia fanbase who are loud and annoying do make me ashamed to be fan of the show. They really do give us good fans who aren’t pairing every character or doing something stupid related to the show a bad name.

Partying Reveler

Sword Art Online is just one big pile of ********. Some of the people are down to earth and level headed , but my god those others.

Kuroshitsuji is another one were you either have to ship men together or gtfo . Really? Common sense was thrown out the window a long time ago there. I don't know when it become socially acceptable for a 13 year old and a guy that looks well over 25 to get it on. ( i like the manga , not that piece of s**t anime they made to ruin it )

Durarara ! Shizaya fangirls are the main reason i ******** hate this fandom. They don't even consider Vorona a love interest instead she's the slut that's always wearing a biker suit that zips down to the crotch. You have to read the LN's to get what i'm saying.

I think a fandom can turn people away. Especially if there loud and Childish. People can say to ignore. Yeah i can ignore if i keep my love for certain things to myself. But i shouldn't have to . I should be able to express my opinions without getting hate or bashed for them.

Versatile Lunatic

The fanbase doesn't get me to dislike a anime less. No offense to people who think this way. But if you start dislike an anime, or anything for that matter just because some of the fans are a little over zealous about it. Thats incredibly stupid, ignore them.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
Ikonic Madarame
Fan bases always make me determine if I like something or not.

LOL i can relate and i totally agree with you mrgreen

Popular Friend

10,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dunno. I watch Sword Art every week and I see topics about it everywhere, but nowadays, I don't even reply to them because they are all the same. Fanbases aren't that bad. If they annoy you, just ignore em? Watch the show, don't discuss it with the fans. Not too difficult (at least for me).

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
xx“What is going on here? What happened to me?”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxI tend to ignore most of the fanbases for the series that I like. Because generally they piss me off a lot.
Like you, the SAO fanbase annoys me. I also hate it when people describe it as "a steaming pile of s**t" because of the ALO arc. Personally I think if the GGO arc gets animated they will change their minds. I just ignore them and quietly fangirl enjoy the series by myself.

Edit: It is actually rare for me to watch/read a popular series as it is coming out. I mostly avoid them because I want to avoid the hype of the fanbase. And because I want to marathon it once it is completed or well into the series. It took me a year to watch Madoka Magica.
Put me in the spotlight...

It does deter me sometimes. Just seeing the way that some people obsess over certain anime/manga or character just turns me off from viewing it. I don't think I've ever read or watched a super-super popular anime/manga like Hetalia, Naruto, Haruhi Suzumiya.

I was born for it.
Not really. I still enjoy series even though the fans are dumb and annoying as hell. They may be annoying and all, but annoying fans don't ruin the enjoyment for me, and I just don't understand how it would. Just don't assosate with them and no problems. emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff