Welcome to Gaia! ::

Orlan Drake
I don't have much of a problem with the history of Christianity. I do get a little annoyed with these right wing Christian ******** who don't know when to quit like Pat Robertson, Jery Falwell and the crazy Pink haired lady.

My biggest problem is... I can't bring myself to believe there is a god.

I consider religion an outdated form of explaining death and nature that has warped into a method of controling the masses.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I find the idea of seeking comfort in something that might or might not exist just because mindless and idiotic. And I can't stand the people who can but at the same time I don't really hate them. I know there are a lot of smart christians out there with their own will....

But the idea of faith disgusts me and repulses me to my core. Especially when friends who shared my same views and opinions, turn and covnert. It's happened about three times to me... and each time it feels like sometihng is closing in on me.

I had a friend who recently went to Christian youth rally with a few friends who dragged her along, she went in athiest/agnostic and came out believing in god...

And a lot of the things she described sounded like things I've heard Cult survivors say...

I'm just distrusting of the whole system.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Not at all. It's good to let out your feelings. I've always 'believed' that God was there, but it about a year or two ago that I really understood and believed. Everyone has their turning point, even if they hate the idea.
dragonbabe101
Flyr
wakusei
Flyr
Yeah. I believe in evolution, but that God made our souls and such. I'm not too sure about the Gay thing, but I guess if more people were, then it would lower our population to a more decent amount. You can tell I'm Republican, eh?
-Plus, it's not like the Church is forcing anyone to go. It's just there for the people who want to.

I just believe people are born gay. That it's not a choice. I mean, there will always be exceptions of those who do it just to be cool for whatever reason...but the same can go for those who pretend to be straight for fear of persecution.
Anyway, if you love someone, you should be allowed the freedom of getting married. It doesn't hurt anyone. It's love, for crying out loud, ya know? Well maybe you don't...but that's just how I feel.

First off, I know that people are born gay. I've heard it from one of my friends who is, and he also said that they can't change it. The people who are trying to be cool are just jerks, but in the meantime, they're also raising the acceptance of the whole fact.
I think that people just need to get used to it a bit. Personally, I was closed off ever since I was a kid, and I've had a bad experience, so I'm a bit of a homophobe, but I have nothing wrong with the people, and am trying to be as open as I can. But what are the bonuses of being married? It's declared legal, but I don't know much on the subject of what else comes with the package. Just the fact that you are? Can't they live with each other still, and that's not illegal right?

No they aren't. It's been researched, and most men become gay from their enviroment. Usually it's because they have an emotionally distant or absent father. There could be other reasons though. And it IS possible to go back to being straight, but the media covers up this fact. I have absolutly nothing against homosexuals, in fact I'm friends with a few.

Okay, I admit that I was wrong sweatdrop
I just heard it from someone who was, and I guess I just took his word.
Orlan Drake
I don't have much of a problem with the history of Christianity. I do get a little annoyed with these right wing Christian ******** who don't know when to quit like Pat Robertson, Jery Falwell and the crazy Pink haired lady.

I consider religion an outdated form of explaining death and nature that has warped into a method of controling the masses.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I find the idea of seeking comfort in something that might or might not exist just because mindless and idiotic. And I can't stand the people who can but at the same time I don't really hate them. I know there are a lot of smart christians out there with their own will....

But the idea of faith disgusts me and repulses me to my core. Especially when friends who shared my same views and opinions, turn and covnert. It's happened about three times to me... and each time it feels like sometihng is closing in on me.

I had a friend who recently went to Christian youth rally with a few friends who dragged her along, she went in athiest/agnostic and came out believing in god...

And a lot of the things she described sounded like things I've heard Cult survivors say...

No offense taken. You can believe what you want, no one should get mad.

Actually, I think your view is very interesting. I have to admit, there have been times when I've wondered about some of those things myself. I mean, I go to church, and I believe in God, but I still can't help but wonder how I know it's all true. And with all these discoveries in science, like theories to how the universe was first created, how it works, and such, it does make you think a lot.
Flyr
dragonbabe101
Flyr
wakusei
Flyr
Yeah. I believe in evolution, but that God made our souls and such. I'm not too sure about the Gay thing, but I guess if more people were, then it would lower our population to a more decent amount. You can tell I'm Republican, eh?
-Plus, it's not like the Church is forcing anyone to go. It's just there for the people who want to.

I just believe people are born gay. That it's not a choice. I mean, there will always be exceptions of those who do it just to be cool for whatever reason...but the same can go for those who pretend to be straight for fear of persecution.
Anyway, if you love someone, you should be allowed the freedom of getting married. It doesn't hurt anyone. It's love, for crying out loud, ya know? Well maybe you don't...but that's just how I feel.

First off, I know that people are born gay. I've heard it from one of my friends who is, and he also said that they can't change it. The people who are trying to be cool are just jerks, but in the meantime, they're also raising the acceptance of the whole fact.
I think that people just need to get used to it a bit. Personally, I was closed off ever since I was a kid, and I've had a bad experience, so I'm a bit of a homophobe, but I have nothing wrong with the people, and am trying to be as open as I can. But what are the bonuses of being married? It's declared legal, but I don't know much on the subject of what else comes with the package. Just the fact that you are? Can't they live with each other still, and that's not illegal right?

No they aren't. It's been researched, and most men become gay from their enviroment. Usually it's because they have an emotionally distant or absent father. There could be other reasons though. And it IS possible to go back to being straight, but the media covers up this fact. I have absolutly nothing against homosexuals, in fact I'm friends with a few.

Okay, I admit that I was wrong sweatdrop
I just heard it from someone who was, and I guess I just took his word.

No problem chickie, it was good of you to say what you heard, and confirm whatever it is you heard. 3nodding
wakusei
SJL
Congrats, you're a moron.

People ARE NOT born GAY. It's a behavioral trait, not physical.

Says you, not me. OMG opinions.
Believe what you want, I don't care. But don't harass me for mine.

I don't happen to think so, I'd like some proof as well.

This is what I have to back it up.

Conditions play a large role in someone's life right? If you're father abused you then you're probably going to grow up rough and scruffy and the entire lot. Same with homosexuals, most homosexuals or those who used to be came from enviroments which they were raped by a man who happened to be a homosexual and this did not happen once, it was continually and he was made to think that it was all his fault and that he was bad for letting his uncle do this. Before this was happening he had a crush on this girl in his class. So do you think before he was raped by his uncle he was gay?

And also, I just happened to have something happen to me where I was labeled as GAY because I told a very good friend of mine that I loved him. Do you think I'm gay or that I was born gay?

Friendly Gaian

16,900 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
what they remaid it dude disney kills everything and makes too many sequal of stuff that doesnt need sequals
Great, now I'm all sobby.

Friendly Gaian

16,900 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
what r they goin to remaik next spirited away y r they takin good movies and makin them worse
SJL
wakusei
SJL

Conditions play a large role in someone's life right? If you're father abused you then you're probably going to grow up rough and scruffy and the entire lot. Same with homosexuals, most homosexuals or those who used to be came from enviroments which they were raped by a man who happened to be a homosexual and this did not happen once, it was continually and he was made to think that it was all his fault and that he was bad for letting his uncle do this. Before this was happening he had a crush on this girl in his class. So do you think before he was raped by his uncle he was gay?

And also, I just happened to have something happen to me where I was labeled as GAY because I told a very good friend of mine that I loved him. Do you think I'm gay or that I was born gay?

Flyr, I could REALLY care less.

She already apoligized and said she was wrong. stare
dragonbabe101
SJL
wakusei
SJL

Flyr, I could REALLY care less.

She already apoligized and said she was wrong. stare

I just saw that now. I was in the restroom while most of this was posted.

Tipsy Elder

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Everyone! We're getting REALLY off-topic. We're suppose to talk about Disney and about Kiki's Delivery Service, NOT about religion.

I'm giving you all a chance to get back on topic or I will delete/lock this thread.
Orlan Drake

You haven't offended me much, but I stopped reading halfway through so I wouldn't. First off:
1) You aren't forced to be Christian, so why do you care about us if it's our choice?

2) Christianity is it's own independent structure, it is made of the people who belief that there is a God out there and that he had a son, a prophet, Jesus Christ, so in insulting Christians, you are insulting the Christian people and their methods of carrying out their religion expecially to themselves as they are being persecuted if they are in open.

3) I'm so sick of the people who are hating us for it. It doesn't affect you in any way. It's what we believe in so why do you hate us for it?
dragonbabe101
Flyr
dragonbabe101
Flyr
Orlan Drake
dragonbabe101
Gah, does it bother anyone how it seems that everyone is against Christians and Christianity? I'm sorry, but it can really piss me off sometimes.

Not really... considering Christianity hasn't had such a great track record. Not all Christians are terrible people, though its just what comes with following the faith.

At least they haven't endured as much persecution as other religions... mainly because they were persecuting the other religions...

It isn't really the track record that turns me against it though.

We are facing persecution right now. At the moment, if you are Christian at my school you are persecuted. If you show any religiousness anywhere, then you are thought less of. In my room I have numerous Christian symbols because my faith has helped me a lot.
We haven't had a great track record? I agree with that, but neither does any other religion.

agreed. So far I haven't been persecuted for Christianity, but for..umm..something that went along with it. It was kind of sad, because it was one of my friends and fellow Christians who judged me.

Yeah. I had this friend who was much more Christian than me, but lately she starts swearing all the time and such, and recently she's told me to lighten up and that I'm getting way into the 'thing.' Then she started the persecuting and all. It was all rather sad.

Ummm...actually...it's not that. I cuss all the time, but I was persecuted because I can see demons. My youth pastor has helped me through it, but it still freaked people out when I told 'em. So I've just been keeping it secret, and hadn't told anyone since him. sweatdrop

Oh, it's not so much the cussing. I'm one of those goody-two-shoes Roman Catholic people who would never do anything out of order. It must be the way I was raised, and she seems to have a problem with that.
... How the hell did we get here....?

Did this all stem from my goth comment? gonk
Mlle.Christine_Daae
dragonbabe101
Mlle.Christine_Daae
dragonbabe101
Gah, does it bother anyone how it seems that everyone is against Christians and Christianity? I'm sorry, but it can really piss me off sometimes.

Hmm... I was raised by agnostics and after a lot of thinking, consider myself to be an atheist. I think it's in bad taste for someone of no faith to criticize others. Simply because many have never belonged to a church and really don't know the impact religion has on some people's lives. I only get upset at people of different beliefs is when they get in my face trying to convert me... I guess they want to save my soul and all but it is quite rude.

Ya, you can't criticize something that you don't know much about. I try not to get into my friend's faces when it comes to Christianity, but I do want them to. heh, I'm just not sure how to present it. sweatdrop

I'm not sure how to phrase this so sorry if it sounds a little choppy. Sometimes religion can be a great conversation starter and give people new ideas to ponder. But... As an Atheist, when any of my friends tell me about the benefits of believing in Christ, it comes off incredibly condescending, like they know better than me.

From what you said, it seems as if you really want to discuss it with them... Just if you ever do, please don't be offended if they get annoyed. Obviously I don't know your friends and how they would react... It's just how I feel whenever someone tries to convert me. Yup. I think I might've/hopefully gotten my point out. When I think of too many things at once I just prattle.

I hate it when people are pushing others into their religion. Just tell them that you don't want to be in the conversation. I'm not trying to spread it in anyway, but I'm trying in some way to defend it and expressing that you shouldn't persecute us for our beliefs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff