Welcome to Gaia! ::

To an extent, yes. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember since I was a kid...My first animes were actually Rurouni Kenshin, Slam Dunk!, and Yu Yu Hakusho...and, yeah. I guess I was born with art, but watching anime took my style and what I liked to draw into a whole new trajectory...'m fifteen now, so I've been drawing for a while... Hehe. My bro says that my style is "Kubo-esque", and I guess that's 'cause I also started watching Bleach when it came out and thought that Kubo's way was the "right" way to draw lol. I've been trying to stay away from that, fusing other mangakas' style into my own. As of right now...Trying to make a cross between Bleach, Kuroshitsuji, and a little D-Gray Man into it. Going digital soon and freaking excited. (;

Beloved Noob

xX-FRoZeN_PRiNCeSS-Xx
XxSabaku_no_KiraxX
On my good days, I can draw like Kubo(at least ze noses, of all things). And I got this from reading Bleach and my mom's textbook foe medical school. Yeehaw.

User Image
X
X
X

User Image
User Image

------------------

You learn how to draw by using medical books? Oh how I envy you. I've been studying medicine and the best I could do was properly trace from the book (whenever our prof wants us to draw something)! Ohgodwhy. User Image

------------------

There's a whole chunk on proportion and body composition, so I usually use that. (Thank you Mommy for going to school for four years again.)

4,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Regular 100
3nodding Yes it did, it was one of the primary reasons I started drawing 6 years ago and I've never regretted that talent
Yes, I've been drawling "anime style" for a long time, longer than I have realistic forms of art, and I guess that's why I am pretty good at it. It was all that Sailor Moon and Pokemon from when I was little smile

Dangerous Informer

8,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yes and no, I do draw "anime-styled art" but more because that what my friends where drawing at the time i started to learn how to draw, it's also around the same time I started getting into anime (way back when Inu-yasha and Gundam seed where running), so i started drawing characters from those shows still I got the hang of it then I kinda moved on to my own characters. For me it's more of a hobby then a job, though I have drawn stuff for money before
yes. I like drawing and I started to draw when I'm 4. it sucks. then, I saw an advertisement and I saw Magic Knight. and I was like "WHUT!" scream then, I started to draw anime style. as a kid who didn't know a thing, I was easily attracted to anime style drawing. then, my bro start to learn drawing from his flawless friend. then, my bro taught us (me, my onee-chan, my other nii-san and my imoutou) drawing. we were fighting over each other. whom is better. and heck, I always lost when we made our own competition. xd it's fun. but I just get jealous when they won. so, I practice, and practice until I'm good at it. I never stop from drawing. and now, proudly I say, my drawing is waaay better than my bro who used to be my teacher. biggrin ichiban!

and my other talent that I found is singing. yes. everyone love to sing. but not everyone have a good voice. I got attracted to Japanese music because of anime. and I learn to speak and sing it using their accent. and again, my siblings make a singing competition. and I always lost! damn! my bro is discriminating because I'm just younger than the other. and yeah, I try to learn to sing like Japanese artistes sing. you can say that I always sing everyday. sometimes, my mom even get tired of my voice. but, I still have to practice if I want to have a voice like Kotoko, Ayumi Hamasaki or any other flawless Japanese artistes~ xd and now, I'm proud to say that I'm second best singer in my family~ erk! maybe third best. because my mom have a really beautiful voice. I envy her. stare and to make things go "WOOOOO!" I'm the best singer in my school. not that I'm a celeb or smthg, but I have the most beautiful voice thorough my school~ whee

ah. btw, I really draw well, but I'm sucks at colouring. that's why I don't have any art shop~ xd

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

I loved to draw even before I discovered anime, so it didn't make me want to draw so much as influenced my drawing style.

((Don't genetically engineer crabs to be as big as men))
I'd say it was a mixture of anime and games. I loved both, and they both played a part in getting me to draw. There have been points in my life when I gave up, and then times when I picked it up again... Currently, I just do it sometimes, for enjoyment more than anything. I can't say I have a special talent for drawing/sketching, but I think I am pretty good at colouring and I enjoy it. c:

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
yeah..my drawings weren't particularly good though

Wheezing Gawker

You don't want to know what inspired me to draw. xD

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I always liked to draw, but I never really practiced or excelled at it until I started watching anime when I was twelve. Even so, my anime style drawings started just like everyone else's do and it took lots of practice to get even halfway decent. I don't have the patience to do anything that takes any effort when I'm drawing (ie: realism) but it's a good pass time and drawing in an anime style is not a bad thing. It's stupid to call people weeaboos for drawing in a style they like, jussayin.

Even so, I don't take it more seriously than any other hobby, and I don't pretend like I am an artist because I know I couldn't manage to make a diverse enough portfolio to get into an art school or anything.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I remember I was 12 when I was reading Pokemon comics. It motivated me to draw my own comic which was a mix of Medabots and Pokemon. Then reading books got me actually type the story into chapters. I got up to chapter 9 but I stopped mainly because each chapter was only one page long which depicted only action scenes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff