Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
So many people I've met make an attempt at drawing after watching anime or reading manga. Did you do this? Did you give up, if you did do this? Did you discover a talent for it. Ect. Ect. and all related topics. Tell me your story.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
Nytemair v2
No.

I know people who have been inspired to draw because of anime though.

I hope they never consider being professional artists in the future. The s**t they draw is horrible.
xD it takes years of study to be a good artist.

Cheery Loiterer

11,850 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Marathon 300
I'm not much of a drawer, but when I do it's more realistic things. I attempted it once and it was a drawing of Chun Li and it turned out pretty good for a novice. But it didn't stem into a passion for it.

I do have two friends who are avid artists, my korean friend and my polish friend. They both LOVE anime and started out drawing anime. My polish friend is pretty good with drawing anime. She's better with drawing anime than drawing realistic things. She draws out of hobby and her drawings get better and better. She's better than the average anime drawer, but you can tell she hasn't really been serious with it nor have taken any classes. She's still active with it, but she has turned her passion into culinary.

My korean friend is VERY skilled at drawing and always has been since a young age and it started with cartoons and anime. He likes to draw cartoons, anime, and some abstract/futuristic. He can draw realistically very well, but prefers animation. He's now a graphic designer.

Golden Spark

Back in my weeaboo days perhaps.
But now, not worth my time.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
xLunaValkyrie
I'm not much of a drawer, but when I do it's more realistic things. I attempted it once and it was a drawing of Chun Li and it turned out pretty good for a novice. But it didn't stem into a passion for it.

I do have two friends who are avid artists, my korean friend and my polish friend. They both LOVE anime and started out drawing anime. My polish friend is pretty good with drawing anime. She's better with drawing anime than drawing realistic things. She draws out of hobby and her drawings get better and better. She's better than the average anime drawer, but you can tell she hasn't really been serious with it nor have taken any classes. She's still active with it, but she has turned her passion into culinary.

My korean friend is VERY skilled at drawing and always has been since a young age and it started with cartoons and anime. He likes to draw cartoons, anime, and some abstract/futuristic. He can draw realistically very well, but prefers animation. He's now a graphic designer.
cool D:

Salty Gawker

Aww ******** yeah I did. Sure the animu characters I drew are shamefurr!. But half the mecha related s**t I drew would pass in a banpresto contest or a VN company.
Mm-hm. Even when I was young I loved the general anime art style. (beautiful eyes, long, flowy hair, etc.) Like everyone else, I drew some pretty dreadful looking things. x )

After I got sick of sucking, I actually learned a little about ACTUALLY drawing. (you know, anatomy and such)

Eh. I'm still not very good, but I can make something decent every once in a while.

Profitable Prophet

Anime did inspire me to draw. I doodle anime characters when I'm bored. Even in my textbooks.

My artist friends go to anime conventions and make money from their drawings.

Seeker

I attempted drawing Digimon style after watching Digimon. But back then I didn't know Digimon was anime. Heck, I didn't even know the term anime. I was eight and didn't have a computer with internet.

But I'd been drawing even before I watched Digimon so no. Anime wasn't the reason I started drawing. But it is the reason I started drawing seriously.

Dapper Ladykiller

Kind of? But not really.

Back in the day, it inspired me to doodle. Which inspired me to take some art classes, which is where I got what little art skills I have now.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
Gunzstray
Aww ******** yeah I did. Sure the animu characters I drew are shamefurr!. But half the mecha related s**t I drew would pass in a banpresto contest or a VN company.
translation please

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
Seye Revlis
I attempted drawing Digimon style after watching Digimon. But back then I didn't know Digimon was anime. Heck, I didn't even know the term anime. I was eight and didn't have a computer with internet.

But I'd been drawing even before I watched Digimon so no. Anime wasn't the reason I started drawing. But it is the reason I started drawing seriously.
No one from our generation knew that pokemon, digimon, and sakura card (or whatever that thing was called where the girl had cards and transformed) was anime whee

Seeker

Imalyose
Seye Revlis
No one from our generation knew that pokemon, digimon, and sakura card (or whatever that thing was called where the girl had cards and transformed) was anime whee
Entirely true. xd

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
It did inspire me to learn to draw well. I mean on the fine art side, not just generic animu style. But I realized it was boring after some time, so now I just do anime inspired art as a hobby. Never professionally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff