Welcome to Gaia! ::

Main Entry: otaku
Function: noun
Definition: an avid collector or enthusiast, esp. one who is obsessed anime, video games, or computer and rarely leaves home
Etymology: Japanese 'house'
Usage: derogatory slang

Remember that when you call yourself that. Otaku is a nerd that is dirty and smelly.

I hate people that use that word without knowing the definition. I hate you.
I hate you.

Why? That's not the correct form of otaku. Look up "Miyazaki" (not the creator) and see for yourself.
That´s the reason why I´m Anime-Fan ond not Otaku 3nodding
But, but... I really AM an otaku! YOU SUCK!
What does otaku mean then?

If that isnt the definition.. then its a bad translation.-

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
So.....what's the difference between an otaku and a miyazaki...?
Like I said, look up the child rapist Miyazaki. After you entice yourself with that pleasant little story, you'll be glad that you're not an otaku.
Have you watched "Otaku no Video"? Not all otaku are nerdy and smelly. In fact, there are even different kinds of otaku. For example, If you are an enthusiastic Brittney Spears fan and even dress like her, you could be called a "Brittney Spears Otaku"
NachoManLance
Like I said, look up the child rapist Miyazaki. After you entice yourself with that pleasant little story, you'll be glad that you're not an otaku.
The guy who raped little girls???? eek eek eek with a huge anime-manga collection??
Otaku no Video is the reason that "otaku" came to mean "anime fan" in the U.S.

I wish Otaku no Video would rot in the deepest pits of hell.
James_CID
NachoManLance
The guy who raped little girls???? eek eek eek with a huge anime-manga collection??

Yes. That guy. The one who said that "Adult women have flawed bodies. Young girls bodies are flawless, just like an anime character".
James_CID
NachoManLance

Yes. After that incident, being called an otaku in Japan was a real bad insult. He raped little girls because "adult females have flaws". Sick, ne?
Dark Portrait
James_CID
NachoManLance

Yes. That guy. The one who said that "Adult women have flawed bodies. Young girls bodies are flawless, just like an anime character".

Damn, beat me to it xp
Dark Portrait
Otaku no Video is the reason that "otaku" came to mean "anime fan" in the U.S.

I wish Otaku no Video would rot in the deepest pits of hell.
Okay, you just sent a shiver up my spine. I just thought, what if that video showed what a true otaku was... That would change people's mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff