Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Phantom

Curious as to what anyone else thinks about the anime. I personally really enjoyed it but the lack of a second season left things feeling unfinished. gonk

Magical Lunatic

Just read the manga. I really liked how the manga ended.

Invisible Dark Elf

31,125 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
MistressLokken
Curious as to what anyone else thinks about the anime. I personally really enjoyed it but the lack of a second season left things feeling unfinished. gonk

The way the anime ended led me to read the manga. I somewhat suggest you read the manga from the beginning, though, since the anime left out small details that actually would've helped some things make more sense. Some plot holes I found in the anime were actually answered in the manga.

Anyway, I love Deadman Wonderland. I'd rate it a 10/10. biggrin My favorite character was Senji/Crow. Also, I give the animators props for having the anime actually stick close to the manga despite having to end early.

Super Junior

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. it was a good anime, though I agree the ending left things unfinished

Loyal Elder

DOROHEDOROBRO v2
It was all good until the mangaka had her child and was on a Baby high.
anime fell a little short. definitely listen to the advice above and read the manga here!

Magical Lunatic

Eflow Nivek
DOROHEDOROBRO v2

What a way to deal with postpartum depression though.
Vivisecting and torturing an immortal child ad infinitum.

User Image

Loyal Elder

DOROHEDOROBRO v2
Eflow Nivek
DOROHEDOROBRO v2

What a way to deal with postpartum depression though.
Vivisecting and torturing an immortal child ad infinitum.

User Image

Yep, then the baby high comes and we get that crap ending that really answers nothing and handwaves the rest.

Fashionable Shoujo

what is DW, about?

Kawaii Shounen

sweeticide
what is DW, about?

the protagonist gets the blame for killing
his whole classroom and therefore he is sent
to this prison name ''deadman wonderland''

@op - the first episode started strong but then
it went downhill at the end, if only they added few more
episodes to at least finish well the first seas
on, but it never happened.

I guess the series wasn't that popular and didn't sell well

Devoted Phantom

Normally I research an anime before I watch it to see if its completed or at least still going, but this time I failed to. It was a really good anime with a good plot and relatable characters, it was just a big dissapointment to have left it that way. As many have suggested, I do plan to read the manga because of how much I liked the anime, but the ending of the anime reminded me of a fanfiction story the author got sick of writing and just decided to stop. And then they made the ova which was about my favorite character so I was happy for that, but I feel like instead they should have just took the time to decently end the series.

Lonely Gatekeeper

8,150 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Trader 100
I really enjoyed the series one of the few anime I actually finished watching, but I do wish they had a better ending I'm.planning on reading the manga eventually

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I really enjoyed the show but agree it did feel unfinished. Now that I know there's a Manga I'll have to read it. biggrin

Interesting Consumer

2,425 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
was it true that Funimation stopped a season 2? cause they lost too much revenue on pirating on the season 1 of deadman?.....cause it was really abrupt and big fcign cliff=hanger ..i mean thats what crunchyroll steamed on about

Devoted Phantom

Its true that they stopped it. Not sure if that's the reason or not. But the ending drove me absolutely crazy. >_<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff