Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Anyone's opinion on this series? I watched up to episode 9 and got kind of bored. Also heard the second season was some a**. If a lot of people liked it then maybe I'll reconsider...maybe I just didn't pay it close enough attention.

To keep me occupied though, I've been watching Attack on Titan...that's p good so far I guess.
It was good but it was more of a show that dealt with the behind the scenes dealings than the action etc its good but if you expecting loads of high paced fights its not your thing

Scompiglio's Wife

I'm a big fan of season one. However, season two and the ovas were... eh. I really would just watch the first season and that's it.
There are so many characters.

Quotable Genius

the first season was awesome imo
they pretty much killed off all the cool characters and made the originally badass main character a total p***y in the second season ;_;

Floppy Smoker

7,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I enjoyed the anime, but that's just my opinion. I liked the first season and the OVAs. The second season was OK, but I felt the ending to it was... Ehh. Not going to give it away though. Don't worry.

But overall, I enjoyed it.

Tipsy Bookworm

Princess of the Crows
I'm a big fan of season one. However, season two and the ovas were... eh. I really would just watch the first season and that's it.
I was watching it before Netflix removed it.. I can't really say if it was too boring because I take breaks from EVERY show I watch.
i like the first season the best. the second was OK i just didn't like how that red hair girl suddenly becomes the main character.

High-functioning Sleuth

I don't know if it's any good, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. It's on my list of things I need to watch.

Fashionable Cutie-Pie

9,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
this is the only anime ive watched where i had to quit because it was just to DARN BORING.... emotion_facepalm

5,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Darker than Black is one of my favorite anime. heart I'm not too surprised that some might find it boring. It's not some action packed kind of anime. There is more of a psychological aspect to it. I believe that it's more for a more mature audience. I'm not saying that those who don't like arent mature its just that its more about the plot and background along with the development of the characters.
Second season is better than the first season story-wise. The OVAs were actually the best of the series overall. I too found the first season really boring. I kept watching it all the way through though because it felt brimming with potential as it had a lot of style and atmosphere, but in the end it just never did anything interesting with it. The second season on the other hand, while it lost much of the style and atmosphere of the first, made up for it by actually making the story interesting and ditching the boring episodic side plots. It was still overall only a marginal improvement though. The OVAs are where this series really started to excel. They focus on the two most interesting characters, Hei and Yin, and there's plenty of clever dialogue, slick action, and all the cool atmosphere of the first season. This is what Darker Than Black should have been from the very beginning. If the rest of the series was as good as the OVAs, it would be like an 8 or 9 out of 10 for me.

Wrathful Shade

I watched it on Netflix. I thought it was alright.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
It's awesome. One of my all-time favorites. I watched it twice last year. mrgreen

Though the 4 OVA episodes were slow and kind of boring, I loved the two seasons. Most people say that Hei was turned into a f*g in the second season, but to be honest, I never thought of him that way. And they also say the second season is completely different than the first, but I found it to be more of the same. Which is great, 'cause I loved the first season. mrgreen

I say you should give it a go, definitely. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces