Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
wunleebuxton
New English dubs are even worse than the old ones. Particularly how they don't even bother learning to pronounce the Japanese names correctly...

Just watch the Japanese.
the "new" English dub has been around for years, it's just that it was the English dub used on the Animax channel in parts of Asia and was never available in the US before. a friend of mine who lived in the Philippines saw it YEARS back. the thing about the English dubs for the stuff that aired on the Animax channel in parts of Asia is they sourced various parts of Asia for the English dubs and they're rather low quality even if you compare them to the average quality of North American dubs. remember how some of ADV's last dubs before they pulled their reverse Voltron survival move were pretty sucky? some of those were outsourced to the same Asian countries the Animax dubs were from because it was cheaper that way and they were having more and more budget issues.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500

Scompiglio's Wife

I like the sailor moon dub from the 90's. Probably more so because they did put effort in, even if it failed in aspects. Still, I don't think re-dubs are that necessary. First of all, dubbing is pretty expensive. So much so, that you have some companies that don't even bother anymore. One of the infamous ones, though I know they do some english dubs, is sentai film works.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Princess of the Crows
I like the sailor moon dub from the 90's. Probably more so because they did put effort in, even if it failed in aspects. Still, I don't think re-dubs are that necessary. First of all, dubbing is pretty expensive. So much so, that you have some companies that don't even bother anymore. One of the infamous ones, though I know they do some english dubs, is sentai film works.

I'm not familiar with company names. What work have they done?

Scompiglio's Wife

Clover_IceQueen
Princess of the Crows

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=8102

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Princess of the Crows
Clover_IceQueen
Princess of the Crows

]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=8102

Ah, thank you. I may as well read up on a bunch of companies while I'm here lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas