Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Informer

Can we just all agree that anime guys have put unrealistic expectations to your love life and other guys?

Also, as I have observed anime guys are actually more feminine than actual males. They look like butch lesbians and lesbians in a sense that if you dressed a girl into a guy kinda thing. Anyone know Takarazuka? If you don't then check it out.
There are quite a few feminine guys. Just don't expect them to wear eyeliner.

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Timid 100
Their are multiple types of anime guys some are more manly then most men. And if a fictional character causes you to question a good relationship you might be overly attached.

Divine Demigod

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
Can we just all agree that anime guys have put unrealistic expectations to your love life and other guys?

Also, as I have observed anime guys are actually more feminine than actual males. They look like butch lesbians and lesbians in a sense that if you dressed a girl into a guy kinda thing. Anyone know Takarazuka? If you don't then check it out.

Remember, anime is an art so guys can look feminine based on the art style with the exception of the art style conveyed in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Berserk which is over the top manliness.

SO MUCH MANLINESS.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
2d men can't ever break your heart.

H_O_L_I_K_O_O

This is a culture thing.

In the US, and many cultures, the sign of manliness and sexiness is directly related to physical ability. How strong you are, how blessed with muscles you are, so on. Manliness is related to power.

In comparison, Japanese men are seen as "sexy" when they have this almost fragile appearance (similar to the cute aspect of Japanese women). It's simply known as the "Bishonen effect", in that individuals who grow up in a Western centric society has manliness associated with power, whereas those who grow up or idolize a Japanese centric society associate manliness with beauty and style.

Neither is inherently wrong.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Huh? Not really. Males in anime vary just as much as males IRL, they're not all super pretty or feminine. I've seen some pretty feminine men IRL too, just like I see average guys or super buff and beefy guys.

And I can't say anime guys have ruined my expectations of other guys or relationships, either. Like yeah I have a 2D husbando who motivates me and enhances my enjoyment of life, but he hasn't exactly ruined my chances for a relationship or set unrealistic expectations. The truth of the matter is I'm just not interested in IRL people that way, so you can't ruin what a person doesn't have in the first place. confused

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Dapper Ladykiller

But my husband is a moe bishounen who plays pokemon on youtube

Friendly Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I prefer bishounen like men over manly men any day of the week. Big male muscles actually creep me out.

Kawaii Baby

sounds like youre only referring to shoujo. ive hardly seen any fem boys in anime and the ones i did see were indeed from shoujo romance or magical girl anime

Kawaii Shounen

well I have my ''husbandos'' but it hasn't ruin my expectation in real life
oh wait makoto tachibana

3,500 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
as long as there no like the dudes form jojo or them traps im ok with them acting all femaleish , i mostly ignore them char sometimes anyway

gorism's Wife

Muscular Member

Ugh man, anime boys. They're perfect, it's not fair. emotion_donotwant I think it does put a certain damper on real life men, but there are those out there who are the perfect amount of androgynous. So hope isn't entirely lost.

Though I'm sure I won't be finding any Hisoka's any time soon lol
Anime guys are so hot cute fun and cool

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
"To the one I love..

inb4 ntr

..prepare to die."
User Image