Welcome to Gaia! ::

ice cold winds
Have you ever noticed that a lot of characters become blonde when they become more powerful? It happens in DBZ (the whole super saiyan thing, I think), YYH (when Karasu's mask came off), Escaflowne (when Hitomi starts getting visions), and, as Ethereal Dream said, Sonic (Sonic goes blonde when he becomes more powerful). Does anyone know why this happens? Assumptions are appreciated too...
wow...i've never noticed that....Taht's cool!

Dapper Dabbler

ice cold winds
Dasern
I think it has to do more with auras. Angels are seen as having a "golden light" to them a lot of time in Christian imagery, and part of the westernization of Japan might have accounted for the favoring of blondes.

The gold theory again, eh? Makes sense... In many cases, gold is viewed as pure and good, and stuff like that... But westernization? I'm not sure if I agree, but again, it makes some sense...

off topic, i love your sig!!! gonk heart
crying im blonde.. and weak.. that's why i have long pretty nails.. threaten me.. you die 3nodding
In real life i'm blonde and strong but just like by nature and I look just a little bit muscular but not like muscular superhero just like a little bit like healthy
Mayha
Its a stereotypical view that blondes are """the good guys""" and dark haired people are the evil ones. You know how saying goes:""good will triumph over evil"" that's all it is. Its a shame really that that dark haired people are portrayed like this.....

Actually, black, being the hair color of 95% of Japan, is pretty neutral in anime. Silver hair is actually seen as the basic "hair color of evil". You ever notice how about half of the Sailor Moon villians have greyish hair?
Dumb blonde jokes R stupid I may act ditzie but i'm really smart and just act like a dumbass! 3nodding
Elektra the assain
Dumb blonde jokes R stupid I may act ditzie but i'm really smart and just act like a dumbass! 3nodding

What an amazing actor you must be.
I agree with the whole blond = power. Blonds rule! Maybe blonds really are superior. 3nodding
Wow hehe i like Blond bishies =3 hehehe BLond POWAH!
Thats what my friends tell me! xp
To me, i have always that that whenever someone gets more powerful or something, they glow yellow to represent light and power sort of thing. For "evil" power or something like that, they usually choose black. Like "good" people would shine in light and evil" people would kinda be in darkness....it sounds kinda weirrd even for me, but that's what I always thought. *shrugs* ^^;;
BlackR0se
ice cold winds
Dasern
I think it has to do more with auras. Angels are seen as having a "golden light" to them a lot of time in Christian imagery, and part of the westernization of Japan might have accounted for the favoring of blondes.

The gold theory again, eh? Makes sense... In many cases, gold is viewed as pure and good, and stuff like that... But westernization? I'm not sure if I agree, but again, it makes some sense...

off topic, i love your sig!!! gonk heart

Thanks, I love it too heart xd

Have a Sailor Sesshomaru picture and a Sailor Gundam Guys one too... I can PM them to you, if you'd like. whee
Kaworu_NagisaRA
Blonde Rules!!!!!! xd well.. I don't know why.. but maybe, it has something to do with a referrence with gold??? xd Gold=Power blaugh

Huh.......I never thought of it that way, but then it would make sense. 3nodding
Yeah I noticed it too. I always thought it a bit strange that Japanese characters would have Caucasian characteristics.
Hi no Neko
Mayha
Its a stereotypical view that blondes are """the good guys""" and dark haired people are the evil ones. You know how saying goes:""good will triumph over evil"" that's all it is. Its a shame really that that dark haired people are portrayed like this.....

Actually, black, being the hair color of 95% of Japan, is pretty neutral in anime. Silver hair is actually seen as the basic "hair color of evil". You ever notice how about half of the Sailor Moon villians have greyish hair?

Geez my alter ego must evil written all over him then. He's dragon like in looks has the arcane tattoos on him has stark white hair and when he does use energy attacks they glow deep purple almost black like your usual bad guy...
and he's almost as good as they come most of the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff