Welcome to Gaia! ::

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Watched the second episode and my opinion on it didn't change too much from the first episode.

It looks like it'll follow a formula. Sleepy face brown haired guy talks about something stupid, that stupid thing becomes the theme for the monster of the day.
I feel like it has no idea whether it wants to be a parody, or its own unique thing, or what, but I actually kinda had high hopes for this show.
So far however it's continuing to disappoint. I feel like it's going to be a formulaic mess, and it doesn't help that the main characters suck and aren't engaging at all.
Or even all that attractive. Or rather, they're extremely average as far as "bishounen" go. No stand out designs. Everyone's "meh".
Their personalities are really stale, too. No one pops. It's a shame. I feel like it's all one big wasted opportunity.

You know who doesn't suck though? Evil student council. They actually have decent designs and I wanna see what happens to them.
You know the show's doing a s**t job at getting their protags out there when I'm twenty times more interested in the villains.
I am all about student council and their hilariously nonthreatening pocket hedgehog boss.
Seriously though? Silver hair's got an Angelo Sauper thing going on and that's rad as a Gundam fan.
Green hair's pretty cute and actually kinda gives me Makoto Tachibana vibes?
Pinky is straight up fabulous and I feel like that's the kind of bishounen direction the protags should have gotten.

tl;dr super lame so far, but I'd continue watching for student council alone.

Romantic Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Fluffy Mage

6,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm fully in this crazy anime xDD

I LOVE it!! heart

It's a little plain (I would love to have more action, but--) but it's propably just more of a parody.
In my eyes this show has something from Sailor Moon, Lucky Star and this swimming anime Free.
I love it because of ->> Magical BOYS(?!?!)
And I plan to cosplay it... too xD
(Awesome picture there xD)

I mean, this anime screams: "Cosplay me, I'm awesome." xDDDDD
Okay, I enjoy myself a little *cough*
Anyway, I still die because of that... wombat.... xD xd

Romantic Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sorry for not replying so much! I haven't been able to be on a computer long enough to reply! I have been so busy!

I literally am so in love with the magical boys heart heart heart , but I do wish they would have added some more action or something because it seems to be somewhat repetitive????

Am I the only one experiencing this???

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Object of Affection 150
I love this anime probably more than I should, but I'm legit obsessed with Magical Boys at the moment. The only downside for me is WHEN ARE THE BAD GUYS GONNA DO MORE THAN JUST TURN s**t INTO MONSTERS? I mean, I love them, I love all the characters, but I wish they'd do more than stand in the background watching their plans crumble.

But as long as the anime keeps me in stitches I don't really care. I think it's brilliant and the concept of Magical Boys has been long overdue for a series proper. It has its issues like too many characters and not enough balance between battles and everything else in the show, but all in all I still really enjoy it and it's probably one of the most amusing anime I've watched in a while.
The One Who Is Freed
I love this anime probably more than I should, but I'm legit obsessed with Magical Boys at the moment. The only downside for me is WHEN ARE THE BAD GUYS GONNA DO MORE THAN JUST TURN s**t INTO MONSTERS? I mean, I love them, I love all the characters, but I wish they'd do more than stand in the background watching their plans crumble.

But as long as the anime keeps me in stitches I don't really care. I think it's brilliant and the concept of Magical Boys has been long overdue for a series proper. It has its issues like too many characters and not enough balance between battles and everything else in the show, but all in all I still really enjoy it and it's probably one of the most amusing anime I've watched in a while.

You speak the truth! i LOVELOVELOVE the Magical Boys and I will continue to watch it in hopes that the plot will pick up a little!

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Surpisingly, still watching. Only for Kinshiro though. I guess it's not that bad after all. Yumoto makes me super uncomfortable with his wombat snuggling though.

And I think I found a pairing to ship.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
OtakuPrincessx
The One Who Is Freed

You speak the truth! i LOVELOVELOVE the Magical Boys and I will continue to watch it in hopes that the plot will pick up a little!

Well I kinda do expect it to pick up with next episode, what with Kusatsu pretty much seizuring in delight over Atsushi and En's friendship going south in the previews. At least, it seems we'll get some more of the character development that the Conquest Club desperately needs (though in my opinion, the only one who REALLY needs characterization at this point is Arima, before I start drawing too many headcanons about his personality).

A Wandering Houngan

I'm curious, who do you ship? Also, I totally second your thoughts on Yumoto. I feel so bad for Wombat, like they should have stopped making jokes about that by now or something.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The One Who Is Freed
I'm curious, who do you ship? Also, I totally second your thoughts on Yumoto. I feel so bad for Wombat, like they should have stopped making jokes about that by now or something.

||| Io and the pink haired one that they accused of liking Io. (I haven't bothered to learn his name yet.)

And yeah, the scene in episode 7 especially, with Yumoto and Wombat in the woods was just... Too far. gonk That made me so uncomfortable.

I just got a post captcha for Gangnam Style... gonk

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
A Wandering Houngan
The One Who Is Freed

||| Io and the pink haired one that they accused of liking Io. (I haven't bothered to learn his name yet.)

And yeah, the scene in episode 7 especially, with Yumoto and Wombat in the woods was just... Too far. gonk That made me so uncomfortable.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah...rape jokes are not funny no matter how innocent you try to make them.

Ah so Io and Ryuu? To be honest, last episode made me ship Io and Akoya. I don't have many OTPs in any anime, most of them border on the verge of crack ship, but I totally thought just that stupid little scene with the leaf was too adorable, even if it would probably be one-sided from Akoya's perspective.

Still shipping Kinshiro/Atsushi like an insane b***h though. I just wanna see if he grows out of his jealous boyfriend phase, decides that Atsushi's friends aren't entirely worthless, and that the two might be friends again.

And omg, that's beautiful. Gangnam Style will never die.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The One Who Is Freed
A Wandering Houngan
The One Who Is Freed

http://puu.sh/9M0PH/f29bd250c5.png" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah...rape jokes are not funny no matter how innocent you try to make them.

Ah so Io and Ryuu? To be honest, last episode made me ship Io and Akoya. I don't have many OTPs in any anime, most of them border on the verge of crack ship, but I totally thought just that stupid little scene with the leaf was too adorable, even if it would probably be one-sided from Akoya's perspective.

Still shipping Kinshiro/Atsushi like an insane b***h though. I just wanna see if he grows out of his jealous boyfriend phase, decides that Atsushi's friends aren't entirely worthless, and that the two might be friends again.

||| Eh, I need more interaction between Io and Akoya before I can ship them. Akoya blushed at Io but that's not enough for me to ship them. I noticed on Tumblr that people were flipping out over episode 7 and proclaiming ships after the collision scene and I'm just here like "nope, not good enough."

I -might- also ship Kinshiro with Atsushi, since it seems like they have a past together. But I need to see what happened first. I can't just ship based on how two characters look together, I need actual interaction and other elements of a foundation to go on.

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
A Wandering Houngan
The One Who Is Freed
A Wandering Houngan
The One Who Is Freed

http://puu.sh/9M0PH/f29bd250c5.png" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Eh, I need more interaction between Io and Akoya before I can ship them. Akoya blushed at Io but that's not enough for me to ship them. I noticed on Tumblr that people were flipping out over episode 7 and proclaiming ships after the collision scene and I'm just here like "nope, not good enough."

I -might- also ship Kinshiro with Atsushi, since it seems like they have a past together. But I need to see what happened first. I can't just ship based on how two characters look together, I need actual interaction and other elements of a foundation to go on.

Right I totally get you there. But yeah, as I said earlier, most pairings I ship started out or ended up crack pairings with no real reason as to why they are a thing. But alas, ep 7 did basically give everyone a reason to ship something or other. I think it's all in good fun, as long as no extreme shipping wars happen.

The problem with me and anime in general when I don't have a full character's backstory is that I make up way too much headcanon. >.>;; Which leads to half the ships I have. I keep telling myself I'll wait til the series is over before I start filling in the blanks with my headcanon, and am, of course, failing miserably.
I just started watching this anime today. I'm in love with it. heart I've always wanted a magical boys series, and the music is pretty good too. I couldn't be happier. Might have to look into buying some merchandise at some point.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The One Who Is Freed

||| With the cut scene from the newest episode revealing Kinshiro's hobby, and after finding a page of him in the manga dressed in an archery club uniform type thing, I think I have a crush on him. gonk

I don't want these feelings please take them away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces