Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Just go ahead and post your best or your worst con experience.

For me well I've never had a con that I could determine as 'good'. One year I cosplayed as Auron for FFX, really well done if I do say so myself. Anyway people would just not leave me alone! >.<

I mean it was like every five minutes that someone just ran up and grabbed me and just snapped a picture without even asking! Then there was the weaboos who wouldn't stop picking at my costume because I wasn't wearing the right shoes. (I was wearing boot covers since I didn't actually have the right boots)

I didn't bother checking out the panels because I couldn't care less to sit there and listen to otaku fans (I know the definition get of my back scream )) Asking them to repeat quotes from the show over and over again. It's just so exhausting just to walk around there. I mean don't get me wrong I get great stuff cheap at cons like Gunpla and the like but still. I think the only anime fans that should congregate are the moderately sane ones.

Shameless Stalker

Worst: Being told I was going to hell by a Yaoi fan girl that did not like the fact that I was gay.

Best: Meeting Harold Sakuishi in person and having him personally sign my Beck CDs. I NEVER have my collection signed. I wanted his.

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Wyrn
Worst: Being told I was going to hell by a Yaoi fan girl that did not like the fact that I was gay.

Best: Meeting Harold Sakuishi in person and having him personally sign my Beck CDs. I NEVER have my collection signed. I wanted his.

Wait wait wait. A yaoi fangirl..Who's into watching stuff about gay men.....Did not like you because you were GAY?

That makes so little sense...
Worst: My cam got crushed by rampaging ouran fags

Best: Nothing.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
worst: being to my first large con when my pain levels were high enough I needed a wheelchair. I missed out on meeting with several VAs because everyone was swarming the elevators and wouldn't allow me in on my wheelchair, getting two knuckles dislocated when I did manage to get in an elevator when two guys pushed in past me ramming my hand against the door because they wanted to make sure they could get in while there was still room for them, getting rolled/pushed out of the way by people in the dealer's room while trying to buy stuff (I say rolled/pushed because I was getting my wheelchair shoves hard enough it moved even when I locked the wheels).

best: meeting friends, having a long chat with and getting hugged by Tiffany Grant (it all started with me mentioning I really loved the job she did in Blue Seed voicing Koume), making random new friends while there (some I started talking with online, others I pretty much only talk to at the con I regularly attend but we get really chatty when we do talk, one friend I made at a convention loves that I so far have recognized every cosplay she's done since she tends to do stuff that ranges from slightly obscure to very obscure)
Worst - first time I was a panelist, I accidentally let slip a fisting joke in what I originally thought to be an older audience. Then I noticed the two 10 year old girls sitting 3 rows from the front with puzzled looks.

Best - When I sprained my ankle last year at AN and I couldn't get up the stairs to the panel rooms, my room mate piggybacked me. Since it was an Avatar the Last Airbender Panel, I shouted, "APPA, YIP YIP~!" as we entered the room.
Best. Entrance. Ever.

Dapper Genius

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Worst: The first time I ever saw a man Sailor Mars... scared me for a good while

Best: Cosplayed as Sig Cirtus (Fullmetal Alchemist) and unexpectedly bumped into my best friend cosplaying as (you can kinda guess it by now) Izumi Cirtus. Just for the record, my best friend is a girl and we are currently an item (started that day, actualy)
Best: buying out of print anime that are never opened, and seeing cute girls cosplay.

Worst: Yelled at for smoking near an ash tray, and the reason is that the wind picked up my smoke and transfer it to non smokers.

Invisible Phantom

11,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
NCR_Veteran
Worst: The first time I ever saw a man Sailor Mars... scared me for a good while

Best: Cosplayed as Sig Cirtus (Fullmetal Alchemist) and unexpectedly bumped into my best friend cosplaying as (you can kinda guess it by now) Izumi Cirtus. Just for the record, my best friend is a girl and we are currently an item (started that day, actualy)

I crossed paths with a man Sailor Mars....the fact is....it was actually an accurate cosplay that won the cosplay contest. emotion_awesome

Invisible Phantom

11,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
Wurst: -yeahImeanthegermansaussage- I do have to say I experienced A LOT of times where I wished I could beat the $hit out of someone. When people ditched me and I have to spend all my time looking for them when there is panels and stuff I want to go to. -now I just say ******** them and go do what I want-

Best: THE COSPLAYS. I just love dressing up in my kick a** cosplay and walk around meeting counterparts or other characters from the series and seeing my other favorite characters from my favorite animes. Nicest people that I have ever met are at cons.

Fashionable Dabbler

Worst: When I went to a Sailor Moon something-or-other Show and they were all waaay overweight in short skirts. Panty shots I never wanted to see. Oh, and yaoi fangirls.

Best: Went to Vic Mignogna"s first and last ever 'Vic Mignogna Shares Too Much' panel.
Thankfully I haven't had too many bad experinces.

I've only had a few really bad moments.
1. Being 2 huge dudes tackle me from behind when I was cosplaying. I'm 5'1. Please. Don't. You will hurt something. Ask and I will be more than happy to give you a hug. There's no need for a sneak attack.

2. Being questioned in a judgmental way when cosplaying to see if I actually "knew" about the series I was cosplaying from and if I was "worthy." When in the end I ended up knowing more than them.

But really, I'm not a bitter b***h.
The very few times some party pooper trys to ruin a good time isn't going to stop me from party rockin. I love going to cons and 99% of the time I end the weekend with an amazing experience.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Wyrn

Whaaaaaaaaa?!?
gonk

Alien Worshipper

Worst: When Christopher Lloyd had to cancel coming to Supanova, the very reason I was going that year
Best: When he was able to come next time and I went and got hugged by hiiim~

Fashionable Dabbler

Best: Walking through the dealers' room! cat_4laugh

Worst: Walking through the dealers' room. cat_xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items